Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. B

A message to Brentford fans

As a club we are now clearly not waving but drowning in terms of survival and I wanted to say a couple of things before we disappear beneath the final tidal surge that this league has generated for us. First up, seriously well done to you as you further establish yourself as a Premiership...
  2. B

Things I won’t miss in the EPL

I don’t think that anyone will accuse me of being a surrender monkey if my thoughts are already turning to next season in the Championship. So, for my sanity, here’s a list of things that I will NOT miss about being in this current wretched league: *The pundits on TNT - particularly those two...
  3. B

F*** it

Watched todays game with a tear in my eye but, ultimately, with some hope for the future. We can’t define our team on the basis of currently playing in a league that is way beyond our financial, technical, emotional or physical level. We all said at the beginning of the season that as long as...
  4. B

Vini 10 men

5. B

Their third goal

Agree my Bladey specs may have affected my vision! I suppose my point isn’t a criticism of VAR per se it’s more that VAR isn’t being used to purge the game of blatant cheating, I get it that in the course of the game there’s many instances where a player will fall, give a wry smile if nothing is...
  6. B

Their third goal

Is it just me with my Blade tinted spectacles or is VAR truly woeful? I have no problem with the result today - we were beaten by a better team and our defending was kack. However, their third goal was a cross into our box and their attacker threw himself to the ground to try and cheat a...
  7. B

The Prince interview part 1

Thanks for putting this up Jimmy. Whether people think that PA is full of bull or a straight talker is for each individual to decide. Questions were straight and clear and you weren’t there to blow smoke. Nice job
  8. B

'Worse United team I've seen'

I’m with you on a lot of what you say but I definitely remember feeling worse in previous relegation seasons. The infamous Tevez season felt better during the season and we were more competitive but on the day we actually got relegated I remember thinking (as we all did) that we were entering a...
  9. B

'Worse United team I've seen'

I just think that it’s a team that hasn’t formed a winning culture or habit yet. It was a team thrown together to compete in the toughest league in the world. No pre-season, no battle hardened togetherness for our key players such as Hamer, Archer and Souza gained from a promotion winning...
  10. B

From woeful to hopeful? We can’t lose!

By all means, completely rephrase what I actually wrote and change the actual point I was making so it fits into a neat soundbite that you can then ridicule.
  11. B

I don’t agree that it’s a ‘subservient mentality’. It’s about recalibrating what we mean by success and failure. We aren’t in for a relegation struggle because of our collective mentality, it’s just that we simply don’t have the calibre or depth of squad to compete at this level…yet. My point...
  12. B

As we slowly transition from woeful to hopeful under Wilder, I’m beginning to think we have a ‘no lose’ season ahead of us. We are clearly out of our depth in this division but all we wanted was to go down with some sense of pride and fight and to beat the wretched Derby Co. lowest point...
  13. B

Klopp et al

I get your point but Billy wasn’t in red and white stripes he was in the standard costume of a football pundit, I wish him well if that’s the career path he chooses and, absolutely, he would make mincemeat out of Klopp on a football pitch. My point is Klopp, Guardiola, Arteta etc are so media...
  14. B

Klopp et al

Ref watch. Somewhat akin to asking turkeys to vote for Christmas
  15. B

Klopp et al

“I saw Klopp, for some reason, going incandescent with rage” Yep, that’s what he does and he’s really, really good at it. Scares the bejeesus out of officials, even those cowering in Stockley Park. The result was fair on balance last night but teams like us need a level playing field so we can...
  16. B

Klopp et al

Interesting cameo last night from Klopp at his post match interview. An intimidating, snarling, sarcastic piece of bullying if ever I saw one. Beautifully played piece of condescending savagery that had Billy Sharp looking like a quaking schoolboy, the interviewer grovelling an apology and...
  17. B

Front door…back door…revolving door…trap door

Looks like Chris will have collected the whole set come the end of the season. After our abysmal performances against Bournemouth and Burnley he will probably be able to add folding doors to the collection as well Just passing the time until the club decides to announce something….
  18. B

Where Are You?

Ho Chi Minh city. Tour of SE Asia and didn’t want to miss Saigon
  19. B

Not waving but drowning…

. the resources I was referring to is that, had we not been promoted, then we would still have lost Berge and Ilimane and not been able to attract or afford any decent replacements. At least we are bottom of the Prem not the Championship. Due to promotion we secured Hamer, Archer (although...
  20. B

Not waving but drowning…

All very fair points. I accept that there are, of course, better managers than Heckingbottom. There are also lots of better teams they could go to so it isn’t as though we are fishing in a big pond. I think the bottle, fight and dignity have been quickly crushed out of us because the Prem is...
  21. B

Not waving but drowning…

It’s enough already. We are in the wrong division and we are being humiliated, regularly, completely and utterly. I can’t understand the calls for replacing Heckingbottom. Swap him with with Guardiola for the rest of the season and City would still win the league and we would still be...
  22. B

Beggars at the Feast

It’s a good point. I think football in England is being redefined because of the increasing divide. The reward for promotion from the Championship is an increased revenue and the ability to attract better players who want to play in the Prem. the Championship therefore offers a more level...
  23. B

Beggars at the Feast

Go You are missing my point. You are also confusing ‘don’t care if we get relegated’ with ‘want to get relegated’. Two different things (but I think you know that). I don’t ‘want’ to get relegated because being in the Prem brings rewards like signing the likes of Archer and Hamer. However, I...
  24. B

Beggars at the Feast

But my point is its getting worse
  25. B

Beggars at the Feast

Yes but my point is that it’s getting worse
  26. B

Beggars at the Feast

So,we are five games in and we know the lay of the land with this squad. We know we can’t switch off for a second, we have goal scoring quality in the team, we aren’t going to be swept away every game and we have talented players who still need to gell. Enough to be getting on with but need a...
  27. B

Board cost us a point today

It’s lovely to be back. I’ve so missed the reasoned debate, the badinage and the rapier like wit that defines our beloved message board. Life’s so complicated sometimes it’s nice to get back to the the basic, binary choice of being a ‘bedwetter’ or ‘moronic clapper’. Peace out - we aren’t...
  28. B

Board cost us a point today

Problem is we had to sell Sander and Iliman in order to get the alternatives and replacements in. We were also desperate to delay selling them as long as possible to see if they would both stay/sign contracts so it created a perfect storm. It’s one game and there’s already quality players in...
  29. B

The Prince’s Fans and Apologists

I’m trying to get my head around all this in an objective way so genuinely welcome any views on my understanding of where we are. Which of the following statements of mine is incorrect? we have sold our two best players (one still to be confirmed but good as gone) many thought the same two...
  30. B

Careful Buying Kids Swimwear from SUFC

Filling him up with a few GCBs should do the trick…

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom