Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. nopigfansintown

Wilder out

If Wilder is his "lapdog" it'd be a volte face from the his deportment and the relationship during his previous tenure. The question: has he had his wings clipped to get the job?! If the answer is "yes" the record of UW suggests we are in for a world of pain.
  2. nopigfansintown

Wilder out

The only players on our books that can do the basic defensive role of a wing back/ full back are Baldock and RND. Both crocks. Injury probe Osborn is the other one that can give it a go niw and again.
  3. nopigfansintown

Wilder out

The bottom line is that he had an immense squad of expensive, talented players and a budget United could only dream of and failed at a level no Blades boss ever has to get the best from them. His football was also poor, a total eyesore He was actually very lucky to fluke promotion after being...
  4. nopigfansintown

Wilder out

After the Forest catastrophe 🤣
  5. nopigfansintown

Vini Souza

Yep, have thought that for some time. Doesn't track back or make a tackle.
  6. nopigfansintown

Did you boo Sander.

No, why would you. The best he deserved was a small clap right at the start. The worst? Total silence or the same sort of stick every opposition player gets. There's this strange thing with United where players and managers who did well/decent with us get more stick than those that were shit...
  7. nopigfansintown

Wilder out

I agree with the bulk of that. The 10-15 game bit is the bit I'd question. If the expectations are minimal why would they change? Fan expectation/pressure? I was optimistic about the recruitment after Anel. I knew the Lester link but ther was enough to cross your fingers and hope. Since then my...
  8. nopigfansintown

Wilder out

Which bit(s) and why? Some of it is fact.
  9. nopigfansintown

Wilder out

What are you asking exactly? If the question is did he cost 2m, my answer is I have no idea. It was probably a package that could potentially reach that figure if certain criteria were met. That's generarlly the way now. If you're asking who was responsible for the choice of keeper, I feel it...
  10. nopigfansintown

Wilder out

United World are to blame. They have no record of recruitment success at multiple clubs. All the fans hate the recruitment at all the clubs. It's a consisten, undeniable pattern.The only success we've had at United over the last 20 years re recruitment is Wilder/Knill/Mitchell pre Premier...
  11. nopigfansintown

Vini Souza

Tbf hasn't had much choice in both circumstances. Maybe Peck is worth a run...
  12. nopigfansintown

Vini Souza

Has downed tools.
  13. nopigfansintown

Wilder found out

They're hoping Wilder can turn into Paul Daniels again now they've lost the cheque book. Tbf there's few managers with his record of performing the needed miracle.
  14. nopigfansintown

Wilder found out

The elephant in the room is United world. Their recruitment has been dog shit this season. I doubt Wilder or Hecky have much to do with it. The fans of all the teams are all unhappy with this aspect of the club. Wes is done and the club has spent a large amount of money on the replacement. It's...
  15. nopigfansintown

Wilder’s stubbornness / Grbic

Wes is finished. The club has signed Grbic so he will and maybe must be shop windowed. That's the long and short of it imo.
  16. nopigfansintown

'I played for both' ⚽️ Blades vs Burnley

I knew him quite well in the 90s and early 2000s. We would play football on bit of grass on the Doctors estate in Aston. He lived in a bungalow behind the bit of a field behind my house. He'd come out to talk to us kids about football. Lovely bloke. It took many conversations before he...
  17. nopigfansintown

CONFIRMED Points deduction to start next season

Judging by our past acquisitions contact lengths, and the details of paid installments from Bettis in the last accounts ( he described the losses as mainly paper transactions from player installments/ promotion bonuses ) added to these latest revelations, I'd expect that most transfer monies...
  18. nopigfansintown

Football highs and lows are basically down to who owns your club now. It isn't the average football fans fault that they've normalised spending all your income on transfer fees and wages - to the extent that you can bankrupt your club just competing on comparatively mediocre budgets with clubs...
  19. nopigfansintown

I stll wonder why Khadra wasn't replaced when the manager said he wanted a replacement. Actually I don't 🤣
  20. nopigfansintown

Is there legal precedent for this? Clubs being deducted points for delayed payments? Clubs deducted points for the same thing despite already being punished? Even then why are the points not deducted this season ? Is it due to the offence taking place in the Championship? I can't help but...
  21. nopigfansintown

Goalkeeper situation

Wes has reached the point all keepers do where they start making regular routine errors. That doesn't take away from what he's done with us. If there was little prospect of renewing him on a short term deal in line with his diminishing status and advancing age the club were right to look for a...
  22. nopigfansintown

Lets talk about set piece defending

We've been shocking all season. This is a none negotiable that any team expected to struggle at any level simply has to get right to even things up a little bit. Set pieces and fitness. I do think our attacking set pieces have improved somewhat. I was impressed by Arblaster's free kicks the...
  23. nopigfansintown

Jimmy Dunne

Dunne one scored four goals in back to back games for us. No idea of the games unfortunately.
  24. nopigfansintown

Jimmy Dunne

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/other-soccer/daniel-mcdonnell-remembering-the-legend-of-the-great-jimmy-dunne/30936543.html
  25. nopigfansintown

Jimmy Dunne

When Irish team played the Germans in 1939 he made sure that they didn't give the Nazi salute. Fascinating life ans incredible scoring record. A Blades/Sheffield connection would be his playing for Kiveton Parks's Herbert Chapman at Arsenal when they won the league...
  26. nopigfansintown

Another nail in the PL coffin...

The play off/play off esque concept has been trialled in other sports to limited success. The EIHL has a play off mirroring the NHL. It's nowhere near as well supported as the league. Steelers fans wouldn't swap the league title for it. The TMC/WTF in tennis has nowhere near the prestige of the...
  27. nopigfansintown

Hamer

We've been told we need to sell one player. What we haven't been told is whether that includes Archer. United's cost base will go down hugely anyway due to the wages going off the wage bill.
  28. nopigfansintown

Paddy McNair

It's mad to write anything off at this stage imo. We're in a rebuilding stage but we have enough of the pieces to think we can give it a good go.
  29. nopigfansintown

Paddy McNair

Goalkeepers: Grbic, Davies (third choice). One more option to really challenge for the number one spot. Left wing back: Osborn is a versatile option. It's imperative we sign at least one, preferably young left wingback, as Osborn is a stopgap.You don't want to be going into next summer...
  30. nopigfansintown

Hamer fitness

United's fitness problems didn't start this season. We had a plethora of injuries last season. Most of them muscular, which suggests conditioning and load management issues. If you look at the injury record last season it was pretty miraculous to achieve promotion and a cup semi. If I was a...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom