Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. F

Kieran Maguire on Blades Finances

This might be a stupid question, but here goes... Does anyone know how much money we actually lost? The accounts show some losses due to the depreciation of the value of players. Those losses aren't actually real though, right? We didn't actually lose any money as a result of a player's...
  2. F

The carnage on the pitch...

I thought we already borrowed money against future TV & parachute payments. We have been losing money every year that we are not in the premier league (£30M+ last season, IIRC, and that is while being in receipt of parachute payments), that isn't sustainable in the long term - unless we get an...
  3. F

Shit season but still a classy club..

This is just cruel. The poor man's suffered enough.
  4. F

Vardy

Until he Jagielka's a cross to give away a penanlty.
  5. F

FA cup draw Sunday

Congratulations to Gillingham on making it to the 4th round.
  6. F

Would you re-new Season Ticket with Hecky still in charge? Yes? No? Etc?

I didn't renew my season ticket after the 2003 play off final. I haven't been inside Bramall Lane in more than 20 years. It could happen to you. No regrets, attending matches is just something I used to do.
  7. F

Chris Wood?

* Yet.
  8. F

Match Thread Sheffield United v. Manchester United - 21st October 2023

Warnock touting himself for a job I see: 🤣
  9. F

Tim Ream

Agreed, he didn't have to do that. Cropped image for context.
  10. F

Bashams arriving

That's what he said.
  11. F

Have i missed something re Archer?

Does anyone know if this type of buy back clause has been used before? Are they actually enforceable? If Villa decide they don't want him back, e.g. he has a bad season, gets a long term injury, or banned for gambling etc, who would have the authority to force them to pay us money?
  12. F

He can fuck off

Newcastle Town aren't from Newcastle, they're from Newcastle-under-Lyme. /pedant
  13. F

CONFIRMED Berge to Burnley

It could well be complete BS, but Hecky also said: "If there's been other conversations gone one then you need to ask other people" It doesn't seem beyond the realm of possibility that someone above Hecky (i.e. Bettis) could have done that without Hecky's knowledge.
  14. F

Hecky presser today

I don't pay close attention to the finances, but my understanding is that we are losing millions (tens of millions, even) a year when we're not in the premier league. Even if players would accept extensions on their current terms, the club just can't afford that - and the owner doesn't have the...
  15. F

Sheffield United are absolutely screwed (HITC Sevens video)

Is the mention of us only having 1 loan slot left correct? I thought we could loan 2 players from EPL clubs, and still loan more from outside the UK?
  16. F

Hecky presser today

Not sure if that means no choice but to play him because we so lacking, or perhaps no chance he plays because he's not ready.
  17. F

Hecky on Talk Sport 9/8/23

Murphy's comment about letting contracts get down to their last year is interesting, it's certainly not ideal, but once we got relegated I think its safe to say that Sander was never going to sign a new contract with us - and we've wanted Ndiaye to sign a new contract for a long time but he...
  18. F

CONFIRMED Berge to Burnley

You might call this a Reverse Ramsdale. Its a conceptually interesting situation, is it better to take £12M now, or lose him next summer for nothing? It might be in the clubs best long term financial interests to make a dispassionate/clinical decision, rather than rely on the decision of a...
  19. F

10 years ago today

Loanee? We signed him, didn't we?
  20. F

CONFIRMED Iliman Ndiaye to Marseille

Ndiaye in 9 months:
  21. F

Mostafa Mohamed

All societies have blasphemy laws.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom