Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. P

Arblaster

Would've said my first impressions of Arblaster were that he looked like a youth player thrown in when the season's long gone - a few neat touches here and there but that's about it. My MOTM today. Good touch, good passing, and did something we've really struggled for in midfield by repeatedly...
  2. P

Now this comes as no surprise

So we brought in sustainability rules, and enough people agreed to it, and now that teams are actually being held to them they want to call it draconian and bring in a rule that essentially undermines it by allowing teams to spend what they want anyway? So was it a bad idea then or now? My...
  3. P

Liverpools GD

We've had some underdog victories in my time but this would be the biggest by a stretch.
  4. P

New ballboy rule

What do you want them to do? Have more balls? On a Premier League budget?
  5. P

Blades v Fulham - Match Highlights

This is my biggest problem with football right now: I've just watched an absolutely cracking game and all I can think about is how much I'm fuming about shit refereeing, VAR, and constant tinkering with the rules.
  6. P

New ballboy rule

"We've brought in a rule to stop timewasting. Now goalkeepers have to fetch the ball themselves" "What if a keeper uses that to waste time?" "Then may God have mercy on us all"
  7. P

Roy's View From... View From Bournemouth

“It is difficult when Sheffield put 10 men behind the ball.” What on Earth do they base that on?
  8. P

Blades v Bournemouth - Match Highlights

If Osborn gets beaten in the air because he's a foot and a half shorter then I take it on the chin. Not much to be done with our limited options. But after seeing the guy get a free header back across goal he still seems incapable of acknowledging he's even there.
  9. P

Im happy, annoyed, frustrated and relieved at the same time

The longer games go on, at least the ones we've managed to stay in, the more you see opposition bringing on players that can impact the game while we get generally weaker. McBurnie comes off, now there's no out ball and we look significantly weaker defending set pieces, which cost us. Not much...
  10. P

Times Article - Infuriating

Berge I still say I can live without. He's doing what he did with us in the Premier League before - looking a bit better than the rest of a failing group. Ndiaye was always going to be irreplaceable. Every team dreams of a player who can contribute to them what Ndiaye did for us. I'd still...
  11. P

JOC BREWSTER RND

I wonder how much is to do with the pace of the game. Even if you watch bits of old games from the 90's a lot of the game looks slower compared to now. Every twist, turn, and tackle is putting more and more strain the faster the player is moving when it occurs. I've seen something in martial...
  12. P

Blades sign ten year catering deal extensionwith Compass Group (Levy).

Probably more like 4-5 hours given all that goes in. Especially when you've got a decent student population right next to you there's always people wanting a shift. The admin that goes into that is probably not cheap if the club does it themselves. I know it's easy to look at stuff from the...
  13. P

Blades sign ten year catering deal extensionwith Compass Group (Levy).

Every time I've seen a post where someone questioned the club about the food and drink the answer has been "We've got a long term contract, so we'll have to wait and see". So maybe admin want to pin this thread for the next ten years. I remember someone telling about how they'd been behind the...
  14. P

Brewster

I just wanted us to take another opportunity to move off the bottom of the table and go from there, but that didn't happen. Talking about us staying up is a bit like talking about what I'd spend the money on if I won the lottery: as much as I want it to happen I'm way past thinking it'll come about.
  15. P

Two strange incidents today

That's good. I've been thinking football really needs someone to fuck about with the rules some more.
  16. P

Bogle and Larouci

We lost that game 3-0 anyway, but I'd say the major point is that Baldock is just a far better defender than any of our other options there. He held up to Grealish very well for most of the game this season.
  17. P

Bogle and Larouci

Maybe they are right/left backs but the opposition are too good for them? And maybe Osborne isn't good enough to stand up to them either?
  18. P

Wow, this is a disastrous stat.

It's something we ought to seriously consider.
  19. P

Silly Tackles From Silly People

As much as that's a red all day long regardless of how much damage was done...look at McAtee's crafty smile over to the bench.
  20. P

Silly Tackles From Silly People

Directly behind the pillars?
  21. P

our rubbed out goal by VAR

Here's what the rule is supposed to do: it's supposed to make it so that if a player's miles offside, I attempt a pass to them, and it takes a touch off a defender trying to block the pass, that this doesn't become onside. Otherwise it would mean the defending team were penalised for trying to...
  22. P

Technical Director

Technical directors, directors of football, and other titles also get blamed when a club isn't doing well. Usually with a "can't blame the manager, I heard all the signings were such and such's fault". What does a technical director do that we won't already have people doing under a different...
  23. P

CONFIRMED Jill Buyabu signs new contract and joins Motherwell on loan

With all the injuries we've had he hasn't made it into the first team yet. He should be out getting games somewhere.
  24. P

Luton Pen?

Not too long ago the conversation would've gone like this "Was it deliberate?" and I think then the answer is clearly no on both counts. Ball's in the air, players and arms are everywhere jumping for it, there's some collisions between players, ball strikes an arm but the player has no idea...
  25. P

Match Thread Luton Town v. Sheffield United - 10th February 2024

If we went by the old ways of "Was it deliberate?" then both are an obvious no for me. Neither looked obvious to me watching the game on telly. Neither had any serious appeals. Ref then stands at the monitor pretending to agonise over a decision we all know has already been made. Consistency is...
  26. P

Both these penalties are a fucking joke invented by VAR.
  27. P

We should be allowed a hamstring sub like there is with concussions. Give us a fighting chance.
  28. P

This Squad is Good Enough

By far one of the closest 5-0 losses we've had though. Three of their goals came in the last twenty minutes when we'd been down to 10 for a while. Without that they'd have barely got four.
  29. P

What’s our biggest issue (on field)

We look like we have some kind of attacking threat now under Wilder. We're still shipping goals left and right. Anel's having a shocking season when I thought he'd be one of the ones to make the step up. Trusty might be a good prospect but relying on him at this level is asking far too much...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom