Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. C

Just for Fun

2. C

CONFIRMED Nathan Thomas joins Carlisle on loan

No idea what he's actually earning, but it could be not far off: I've been told that a lot of our first team contacts were/are heavily incentivised, and included wage increases based on performance. If we got Carruthers on say £8kpw, with a 50% bonus if we were promoted, a 25% for staying up...
  3. C

Harry Maguire

How do you know that without seeing any contracts?
  4. C

Harry Maguire

I'm confused: If you've not seen any contracts, how would you know the "financial responsibilities" of either party?
  5. C

CONFIRMED Ravel Morrison signs for the Blades!

Proper football(er) indeed Pinchy. When he played against us as a U18, in the youth cup final, he played in central midfield, in the attacking berth, ahead of Pogba. His best spell in senior football, was with West Ham, where he played a slightly deeper role. He still had the freedom to break...
  6. C

Harry Maguire

Could you tell us the exact wording in the contract? I'm assuming you've seen all the documents to be so confident. 🙄
  7. C

Gone Elsewhere Charlie Austin

I would imagine he factors everything into his decisions, including future resale value. I've no doubt that Wilder has the well-being of the club at the front of his mind when considering any potential transfer, in or out. Short term: Is this player going to be able to help us out this season...
  8. C

Incoming? CJ Hamilton returning?

Clutching at straws with a few of those, though I'll give you #21. Either way, hardly a glowing recommendation from anyone though - "embarrassing bladey bladeness at it's daftest" is probabaly an exaggeration...
  9. C

Incoming? CJ Hamilton returning?

Which fans? As far as I can tell, people are commenting on a report from the BBC - not seen anyone on thread advocating the signing.
  10. C

Henderson

You would have got credit for just referencing Lil' Troy. The inclusion of Prestige Worldwide takes this post to a new level.
  11. C

Stupidity

And rightly so.
  12. C

Player Suggestion Luca Connell

Are you saying that you'd happily go into the side with holes in our team if it meant we had bought a host of "future prospects" instead?
  13. C

“Proper club”

Very kind sir, but I'm actually a raving lunatic😅
  14. C

“Proper club”

Many Sheff Utd fans have a persecution complex, and this forum seems to constantly perpetuate a perceived media bias against us - this is despite our success being lauded by many pundits throughout the media, and Chris Wilder's growing reputation. The fact that the term "proper club" is being...
  15. C

CONFIRMED Dean Henderson returns on season long loan

I don't care what people call them as a general rule, I get why commentators refer to them as United. Calling them United on our forum though is sacrilege!
  16. C

Att Sean Thornton

Irony overload.
  17. C

Gareth Bale

I loathe Real Madrid, so this pleases me. :)
  18. C

CONFIRMED Oliver McBurnie

It would obviously depend on the player. In the hypothetical situation you're referring to, where us an Bournemouth are in for the same player, and offer the same wages, I would assume most would chose Bournemouth; partly because of location but mainly because they're are an established PL club...
  19. C

I'm not saying he's a Leeds fan - I think it's rare that a player decides on which club to sign based on who they support anyway. I'm just saying he's not from Sheffield, so he will know as much or as little about Sheff Utd than the next man. Essentially, the idea that we're a bigger club than...
  20. C

Probably means more to you, a Sheff Utd fan, than it will a 22 year old footballer who was born in Leeds unfortunately. I imagine since he's been following football he's probabaly seen more of Brighton in the championship and premier league than Sheff Utd.
  21. C

Neal Maupay

Wilder didn't actually convert him if we're being pedantic: he played in the number 10 role for Burton before we signed him.
  22. C

Gareth Bale

I agree; the club offered the contract: they can only blame themselves for the situation.
  23. C

Gareth Bale

I heard he was on €600k, so yeah, it's a pretty unworkable situation.
  24. C

Gareth Bale

Athletico, Real and Barca are all in a bit of pickle at the minute to be honest - they all need to do some major rebuilding. As for Bale, he didn't even make it on the pitch today - God knows what his future holds; Real obviously want rid, but who could afford to pay that salary, baring in mind...
  25. C

Gareth Bale

Marca have implied that, but he's not said anything of the sort as far as I'm aware.
  26. C

Gareth Bale

You've hit the nail on the head, I'm a recluse an don't get invited to anything. Meanwhile, you're at the party, surrounded by an adoring crowd, telling Gareth Bale jokes.
  27. C

Gareth Bale

Theres a special section, called the "hilarious" rumour mill, for these kind of side splitting jokes.
  28. C

Player Suggestion Mikel Johnston

That really tickled me :D
  29. C

Maupay is definitely versatile, and can play in the number 10 role, but I don't think he'd be able to do quite the same job as Duffy. When I've seen him play deeper (admittedly only a couple of times) he's looked more of a shadow striker/inside forward than a playmaker, like Duffy.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom