Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. 3-GBlade

JOC BREWSTER RND

I have long been of the opinion (based on not an awful lot though) that being "good at football" does not always mean that one is a natural candidate for being an elite level athlete. Athletes, of the track and field variety, are obviously built that way...but are footballers? Does the level of...
  2. 3-GBlade

Iké Ugbo

Is he not just there on loan? "playing for a contract" as they sometimes say about such things....
  3. 3-GBlade

Can't remember such media ridicule?

This is the problem (if it actually is one) with football; the huge, and increasing, gap between the Premier League and anyone else. United are where they are because they are the team that is most shit, end of story basically. However, put that team into the Championship and they would be in...
  4. 3-GBlade

100% Rival Distribution

Wednesday 100%. Everything associated with them is shit.
  5. 3-GBlade

Which managers have United fans chanted to be sacked?

I think that that was the first league match my dad took me to. Looking back at it now I am surprised I ever went again :D
  6. 3-GBlade

BP garage/surrounding businesses.

The oil industry is about a lot more than energy. Its quite possible that oil would/could become too valuable to just burn off to make things hot...
  7. 3-GBlade

Ideal sponsor

Henry Boot for those hoofball moments....
  8. 3-GBlade

CONFIRMED Best club in Yorkshire

Rather appropriately for today.... the 1912 "top team" could really be Barnsley and not the grunters. Barnsley won the FA CUP that year, so does that count for more than league position?
  9. 3-GBlade

2022/2023 Match Thread Sheffield United v. Blackburn Rovers - FA Cup Quarter Final - 19th March 2023

Now Thats what I call a Premier League Return!!! :)
  10. 3-GBlade

Sheffield United "fans" wembley ecstasy overshadowed by financial woes

I know one of those people vaguely:oops: Definitely a Blade though...
  11. 3-GBlade

2022/2023 Match Thread Queens Park Rangers v. Sheffield United - 2nd January 2023

Well bugger me! I put the "match report" on on BBC page (usually brings bad luck) but this time it seems to have worked in our favour :)
  12. 3-GBlade

Spot The Blades & Pig

Yes I can When my eyes have got over the shock of the visual horror that is some of those shirts I will do.... Carl Bradshaw and a fat thirsty pig
  13. 3-GBlade

Bramall as a first name

Thinking a little further on the matter... Shoreham could well be a good middle name; most people would just as likely assume that you had had a productive dirty weekend at a small port on the south coast.
  14. 3-GBlade

Bramall as a first name

Bramall isn't such a bad name really, and it least it is likely to get shortened to Bram...... Vampires and all that ;) Personally if I was naming a kid after a road in the immediate area I may have opted for using John Street as the basis (or Cherry Street if it were a girl ;) )
  15. 3-GBlade

Bramall Lane

Correct. They are just like I would be if I claimed to live at Claridge's cos i once rented a room there :D
  16. 3-GBlade

Today's Jubilee Looky-Likey

Oh dear. I think you need to work out what the gate referred to is.... It may help you stop being foolish again.
  17. 3-GBlade

price of football just 40 years ago

Wagon Wheels, well at least the ones sold at the erm, "Catering Facilities" under the John Street Stand, used to be way bigger than the top of one of those little plastic things they called a cup of "Bovril". That would be one way to test out if they have really shrunk ;)
  18. 3-GBlade

Family supports who?

Mother and every one of her family (bar one!) were grunters; in mitigation half of them had lived around that area for a long time. Father was a Blade (of course) His dad was from Gloucestershire, therefore he was a Villa fan, who sort of liked United too. Local team - Blades again now but its...
  19. 3-GBlade

BDTBL could have looked different!

Oh good Lord no! For once I can clearly and truthfully say Thank God for Sheffield Council !
  20. 3-GBlade

Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

This is taken from Porktalk but I thought it was of some interest.... From the price of 4* at Law Bros it must be about 1976 for most of the images. https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/310906-how-the-walk-to-hillsborough-used-to-look-penistone-road/
  21. 3-GBlade

What's your dullest anecdote about meeting a footballer?

I met Mel Sterland outside the pub (he is sort of a friend of a be-trottered friend) and sad to say he seemed to be quite a decent chap really.
  22. 3-GBlade

March 16th: Tomorrow is the 20th and 40th anniversaries of two crazy games.

I was there. sat with me dad, in my usual seat on the John St stand when we beat Northampton - I must have been the only school kid in Sheffield not there on a freebie :D Twenty years later I was working in the south west with several West Brom fans among my friends/workmates - They dint seem to...
  23. 3-GBlade

Old United Pubs

Beer Houses were introduced in the 1830 Beerhouse Act and they did not originally need a proper License. You just had to pay a small yearly Excise fee and you could brew and sell beer, but only beer! Literally thousands of them opened up all over the place and (strangely enough!) many were...
  24. 3-GBlade

Match Thread Fulham v. Sheffield United - 20th December 2021

Yeah! I like that ;) A mate of mine who live just over the river (his kids are Fulham fans) was/ is there - He says FFC were shit :D

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom