Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. B

Sky Sports Sun 18/2/24 aka the Luton love in

I’d swap recruitment teams in an instant Luton have signed players that have bought in AND contributed - not sure they would have touched a busted flush like Mason (more red cards than good games in the last 3 seasons) Holgate with a barge pole.
  2. B

Sky Sports Sun 18/2/24 aka the Luton love in

Luton have played really well and consistently given teams games With probably the only squad assembled for less money and lower wages than ours. If we didn’t shit the bed and embarrass ourselves every time we played and conceded 4/5 goals over and over again we might get some praise. Luton...
  3. B

John Egan

100% Egan had been in and out with injuries. Coming off in games etc. before he went on international duty and then played every second of some meaningless games. Obviously he wants to play for his country but he probably doesn’t get injuried (imo) if he’s able to have a couple of weeks rest...
  4. B

Rate the window ?/10

5/10 Genuinely Don’t think there was any point in making any signings really. Like the last time out In The PL we were down before Halloween. BBD might at least help us score some goals and add some excitement - so perhaps worth the wages. He’s already probably played his way out of being back...
  5. B

Outgoing? Arblaster

I don’t think there is really any risk to him in signing a contract with us… if he’s going to be playing regularly We’ve been incapable of standing in anyone way, so if he comes in and does well there will be offers and he’ll be off and everyone wins. Probably a better move than being in the...
  6. B

CONFIRMED Mason Holgate

Don’t know too much about him but he doesn’t strike me as the commanding presence the defence needs. We’ve been walked over and pushed about all season. Meh - suppose it’s another option but probably a £mil or so that could have been better spend next season when it might impact something.
  7. B

CONFIRMED Tom Davies signs 3 year deal

Sadly another example of the recruitment team not being fit for purpose. If he was going to be a Target we should have got him in straight away. Not left him dangling with zero preseason or preparation for the rigours of the game. Underprepared, unfit and not a surprise he hasn’t been able to...
  8. B

Anel

Not saying you are wrong on what will happen in the championship next season But that squad looks a long long way short of one with enough quality to be challenging at the top end of the table. Zero fire power. Does it score more than a goal every other game? We need to be trying to keep at...
  9. B

CONFIRMED Mason Holgate

Call their bluff. It’ll cost Everton the best part of £2m to have him sat at home until the end of the season. I’m sure we could find some better options also.
  10. B

Player Suggestion David Brooks

I’d enjoy having him back. A Very talented footballer, however you fear health issues at the wrong time might have derailed his career and make it harder for him to get back to the same levels he’s displayed previously and that we know he’s capable of. And actually for once the top end of...
  11. B

Incoming? Ben Johnson

Agreed. Final 6 months of his contract so you can see him thinking about the next move. From the article sounds like he’s more versatile than I initially thought and can play all across the back. Would be a decent signing for us, long term. But if he wants PL football Southampton are more...
  12. B

Andre Brooks

Fair assessment. But that’s not unusual. Very very few players 20 and under are regular starters at this level. You’re talking the ones who go on to be true superstars. It’s a mix of his ability and our unbalanced / injured squad that he’s starting games now but he’s doing ok. Keeping his...
  13. B

Transfers

Feels like some of our fans are living in the world of 10/15 years ago. The average PL wage is 60k a week or so. No agent is letting players sign for 10/15k per week in the PL. I would imagine the championship wages would be 20k p/w or so also, as a rule not an exception. The tv money has...
  14. B

Incoming? Ben Johnson

Odd that he’s a we would be targeting a right back. Seems a decent player, but one of the few positions where we have a couple of options. Keeper, CM, LB and CB(s) would all be well ahead for me on the priority list.
  15. B

Andre Brooks

Can only be a good thing that he’s signed up. Getting minutes at that level, and that age is incredibly rare if you look round the league. Not the finished product but he’s not completely looked out of place - when you consider how some of the other players have looked when tested at this...
  16. B

Another VAR debate…..

Got to say when I saw all the fuss about that goal last night I thought it would have been clear cut. And fair enough you might have seen them given but it didn’t look a foul to me - just good forward play. And the sort of stuff sharp was brilliant at. Can say hand on heart that if Wes had...
  17. B

Outgoing? Coulibaly out on loan

Feel a bit for the lad. Seemed like he’s not been fit or fancied by hecky for most of his time here. I thought he’d looked decent in the snippets we’ve seen in the cups etc., so was surprised he never had any more chances to stake a claim . But obviously wasn’t doing much in training. Feels...
  18. B

Danny Ward

This would be a rotten signing. I’d much much rather have Wes keep his place. At least if we had gone for someone like johannson - it might have cost us more but he’d be a Long term solution. It’s an indictment of our recruitment strategy that LB and GK were widely considered our weakest...
  19. B

If we were to sack Hecky

Find it pointless to give him an ultimatum. If you’re going to sack him sack him, if you’re going to back him back him. Pretending it makes a difference if we beat Arsenal is stupid, we could go on to lose against wolves and the cycle starts again. Feel for hecky. I mean the season has...
  20. B

Sack Mark Hudson

He’s wank. Get rid
  21. B

An embarrassment

If the TV companies have to spell out the score. You shouldn’t keep your job, simple as that.
  22. B

IF Hecky goes....

I was firmly in the let him see out the season ‘even if we go down camp’ but this has been so so bad. Like I could understand sacking him immediately bad. Having to spell out the score with letters bad. Total shite. An embarrassment
  23. B

Mail Sport: Sheffield United consider move to bring Chris Wilder back as manager

Don’t think you can even considere sacking hecky. It would be mental. We’ve had 3 games with a vaguely PL squad. Could have drawn with city, beat spurs and if mcburnie’s chance goes in against Everton. We could be on 7 points from those 3 games. It’s small margins going against us.
  24. B

Match Thread Tottenham Hotspur v. Sheffield United - 16th September 2023

Very attacking line up With hamer and mcatee plus the 2 up top Bogle also more attack minded than baldock is (admittedly he’s obviously injured). With the way spurs are playing we get smashed if we sit back and hope for a nil nil . We may as well give it a go. Hopefully Mcatee starts where...
  25. B

Injuries

If you didn’t laugh you’d cry! Basically everyone who went on intentional duty comes back fucked. 2/5th our our defence out injured. Class!
  26. B

Yes - that’s definitely the point I was making. Not the fact we spent a chunk of our modest budget on someone who’s not even fit enough to do ten minutes off the bench for the under 21’s. We don’t have the budget for passengers especially given we lost fleck and Osborn and slimani to injuries...
  27. B

Slimani playing for the under 21’s to get minutes today. Still no sign of Tom Davies Unless he’s already been taken down by the sniper and I’ve missed it - just how unfit can he possibly be. And how is he ever expected to reach match fitness if we aren’t trying to get him minutes? Can he not...
  28. B

View from the majority around me on the kop

Not to pile on the lad. I don’t think he was terrible against Everton by any stretch or even bad. But he has obvious deficiencies defending / tackling being one them (just seems to run into his man rather than actually making a tackle.) But the point about the loan is they key one to me. Why...
  29. B

Tactics.

We literally got promoted comfortably with it 3 months ago. I’m not saying we shouldn’t tweak it but it’s nonsense to say it doesn’t suit most of our players
  30. B

I'm glad to get a point on the board

Glass half empty view 4 games, no win and a hard run after the international break defensively making mistakes Poor planning and execution of our transfer strategy left us short for winnable games Glass half full (and I’d argue more realistic view) been in every game with 1/2 a squad could...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom