Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. coaxingstar71

BladesPod - latest episodes

Great listen as ever. I enjoyed the rant about the points deduction and to be honest I'd not given it that much thought apart from thinking how typically United it is, but now I'm absolutely fuming :D
  2. coaxingstar71

Don Givens' penalty miss and Nazi Germany's invasion of Poland

This stuff messes with my brain. Makes me feel really old. I attended my first Blades game in January 1980 (44 years ago) which was closer to Hitler invading Poland in 1939 (41 years). Interesting our illustrious neighbours still sing about a certain game that was 45 years ago and yet we beat...
  3. coaxingstar71

Great listen as ever. Very alarming stats on Grbic. Gordon John Sinclair was better than him in Gregory's Girl!
  4. coaxingstar71

United 2 Chelsea 2 - report

Thanks for your excellent report as ever Deadbat First 20 minutes were woeful culminating in that awful goal we conceded. Fair play to the players for picking themselves up twice after going a goal behind, because too often this season we've seen their heads go down. Having a midfield with...
  5. coaxingstar71

Better today

Thought we were very competitive today after the first 20 minutes, which were absolutely abyssmal, culminating in a schoolboy goal for their first. No one near him and he's allowed to side foot the ball in from a corner in the middle of our box - disgraceful. After that we were much better and...
  6. coaxingstar71

Blades v Chelsea - Match Highlights

Where the fuck was Grbic for their 2nd goal?
  7. coaxingstar71

I'm sure you were just thinking about away games. Maybe put it down to lack of rest, especially if you've got a one year old! Anyway, fantastic work as ever.
  8. coaxingstar71

Sorry to correct but Beans said it was the 2nd time (after Luton) we'd scored 3 in a Premier League game since 1994. The Luton game was the first time we'd scored 3 in a Premier League away game. We've scored 3 at home on numerous occasions since then, including West Ham 3-0 in 2007, Burnley...
  9. coaxingstar71

Just the tonic I need for the journey home from work.
  10. coaxingstar71

Tony Field

Big time Charlie. Very high opinion of himself according to TC.
  11. coaxingstar71

New regulator

It will be interesting to see what impact a new regulator has on the current system. I think it's fairly obvious to everyone that the PL is all about the brand and ensuring that the elite clubs keep as much of the money as possible to keep buying the best players on the highest wages ensuring...
  12. coaxingstar71

Goals conceded - common themes

BBC sport are putting the boot in today in the aftermath of our latest thrashing. They’re dragging up all the worst PL records including goals conceded. It got me thinking how close we are to our own club record for goals conceded in a season. We’ve conceded 90 or more goals on only 3...
  13. coaxingstar71

United 0 Arsenal 6 - No match report

I don’t advocate constantly changing the manager so I’d stick with Wilder next season. However he’s got his work cut out to make this team compete again. I don’t think the players signed this season have the mentality for the fight, however Wilder has done it before with us so it depends what he...
  14. coaxingstar71

What minute did you leave?

Will your report have a chunk missing from 60 to 80 minutes or are you going to save yourself the torture of having to re-live it and not bother at all?
  15. coaxingstar71

What minute did you leave?

I'd threatened to go back to the pub at half time if it was bad, but I actually ended up staying until 85 minutes to miss the half time rush.
  16. coaxingstar71

I've just listened to the latest pod this morning and I think it's actually more entertaining and enjoyable than going to the games this season. I get Revolution 's point about it being more meaningful than just results, but some, like me, probably don't have that kind of investment in the club...
  17. coaxingstar71

Stadium Development

I would suggest the gap would be wider now if we had a larger capacity. We've officially sold out on numerous occasions this season (even though the official figure is always below capacity, which is irritating), whereas when was the last time they sold out?
  18. coaxingstar71

Stadium Development

You also have to factor in that the massives all bought 5 year season tickets so they are obligated to go and watch that shite whether they want to or not 😂
  19. coaxingstar71

Stadium Development

Official attendance v Liverpool on 29th August 1990 was 27,009 We averaged between 20-25k that season. I know a number of people who tried to get season tickets for this season and couldn't, so that would suggest that the demand has definitely increased. I've also been asked on numerous...
  20. coaxingstar71

The state of Sheffield football

It's incredible to think that the people who vote for Labour in Sheffield at a General Election are probably the same people who moan about how the Council runs the city. I'm not a Tory either, I think they are all shit and it's all just a fucking game of point scoring to them. A politician's...
  21. coaxingstar71

When the Green Un was the most important newspaper to us

I too remember queuing outside the post office on Abbey Lane for my Green Un. I used to study all the results and scorers. One other thing it provided was reports on local Non-League teams and junior leagues in the Redgate Sunday League. Used to have a look for my name if I'd scored the...
  22. coaxingstar71

United 0 Aston Villa 5 - report

Respect for taking the time and trouble to produce a report after that shambles. I was lucky that I didn't go as we'd got something booked before it was moved to the stupid 5.30 Saturday kick off. I'm so glad I missed it.
  23. coaxingstar71

Promoted to premier league 23/24

Is that because they won't be in it?
  24. coaxingstar71

The Last of the "Centurions"

Those 4 seasons from 2016-20 were easily the best of my entire Blades supporting life which has reached it's 44th year. That journey from winning League 1 with 100 points and our new innovative style, the conquering of the old foe in the Bouncing Day Massacre onto the fantastic promotion season...
  25. coaxingstar71

Roy's View From... Southampton and Everton Fans Views On Mason Holgate

Not very inspiring is it? Another of Wilder's long game chases that didn't pay off... Ryan Leonard.
  26. coaxingstar71

Palace 3 United 2 - report

I'm not ashamed to say that I didn't go and nor did I watch it (apart from the highlights later), so Deadbat 's report is a must read. Cannot defend for toffee. We've now scored 2 goals in 3 out of last 4 League games and only have 1 point to show for it. For anyone who was still clinging onto...
  27. coaxingstar71

United 2 Brighton 5 - report

Grbic did make one save, it was between their 4th and 5th goals, a ball comes across and one of their players gets a touch on it and he goes down to his right to save at the Bramall Lane end. Outside of that he didn't save anything. I thought he looked as poor as Wes with his feet and his...
  28. coaxingstar71

Is Wilder the solution to the problem of only being half as shit you used to be under Hecky

I think there are wider issues than just which manager replaces another one, depending of course on the ambition of the club. For large periods of the game Brighton played us off the park. Really good young technical players, all comfortable on the ball, playing virtually one touch football...
  29. coaxingstar71

Roy's View From... Atlético Madrid and Lille Fans Views On Ivo Grbic ByRoy

Much as I admire the work that Roygbiv puts into these, and it is interesting to read what other fans think, we shouldn't read too much into it. It makes me wonder what views from would have been like before widespread social media existed. Imagine what Everton fans would have said about James...
  30. coaxingstar71

Roy's View From... Atlético Madrid and Lille Fans Views On Ivo Grbic ByRoy

I suppose there must be quite a number of Spanish football fans who watch the Premier League. Bizarre to me as I can't even bring myself to watch MOTD most of the time as it just makes me angry 😂

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom