Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. HillmortonBlade

Everton

And definitely should have covered VAR there, because forensic examination of minutiae would have been invaluable.
  2. HillmortonBlade

Everton

Yes, but think about the fans.. If anyone doesn’t think that corruption and/or incompetence isn’t rife at the highest level (or any level in my experience)…
  3. HillmortonBlade

Rules - Another them vs us debate.

I don’t think there’s a conspiracy against our team. I do think there’s a conspiracy to protect the valuable assets of the PL.
  4. HillmortonBlade

Corruption.

Anyone believing that football isn’t corrupt to its core is naive.
  5. HillmortonBlade

Premier League >>>The Holy Grail

The fact it’s even a discussion point says lots about the state of the sport these days. And don’t start me on VAR..
  6. HillmortonBlade

The ultimate unpopular opinion: We shouldn't be too upset after tonight

Unfortunately, I do expect us to be thrashed by the top sides. When I began my (tortuous) love affair with the Blades I approached games against the top sides (and Manchester United in particular) expecting defeat, but we generally gave them a game and sometimes beat them. The fact that it is...
  7. HillmortonBlade

Roy's View From... View From Arsenal

Given we’re not the only team that sees a huge exodus during the match, I believe it’s only a matter of time until there is greater appetite for a “Super League”.
  8. HillmortonBlade

What HAVE they done to country's most popular sport?

What our sport has become is ALL about money. The relatively recent success of Manchester City, Newcastle is shallow (not that their fans care I suppose). I’m not naive because money has always been a factor in the success of a team. But that used to be a big, not only, factor. Even at lower...
  9. HillmortonBlade

Where has our fans passion gone?

We have, obviously, little to get excited about this season. But I agree with you, it seems that there is a developing malaise with football generally. Maybe it’s coincidence, but when I’ve been watching football on tv the number of times there are huge numbers of fans leaving once their team...
  10. HillmortonBlade

Colours & colour blindness

True, but…
  11. HillmortonBlade

Colours & colour blindness

Without wanting to be contrary, it’s good to see both teams in a significant derby wearing their true colours.
  12. HillmortonBlade

Roy's View From... View From Brentford

I’ve always preferred Barnet to Brentford, so I’m very pleased with the result. That’s not entirely the reason I’m pleased.
  13. HillmortonBlade

VAR VAR

“Sheffield United? They ain’t got no cash, so we didn’t bother making much effort. We were celebrating the windfall our mates had from Klopp”
  14. HillmortonBlade

VAR VAR

And yet we still have people say the PL isn’t corrupted.
  15. HillmortonBlade

Roy's View From... Pre-Match View From Liverpool

I think it will, and hopefully won’t fizzle out in the first few minutes when Liverpool inevitably score.
  16. HillmortonBlade

Suggested Rules for Wilder Return

Get some points early on and quieten the Moaning Minnie’s. Please.
  17. HillmortonBlade

Does 'how' United are relegated matter?

“Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light. Though wise men at their end know dark is right, Because their words had forked no lightning they Do not go gentle into that good night. Good men, the last wave by...
  18. HillmortonBlade

McBurnie gets United

It’s often said on here, and by me, that we can take being beaten by better sides or indeed comparable sides.. but not showing determination and grit is unacceptable. Oli at least is giving this and hopefully if he stays fit and is picked to play it may rub off on a few others. I like him and am...
  19. HillmortonBlade

Roy's View From... View From Bournemouth

“Hilarious”? I’m not laughing. FFS.
  20. HillmortonBlade

Fodderingham Needs Dropping

Let’s talk about our defence before we get hung up on our keeper
  21. HillmortonBlade

Tottenham in relegation trouble?

Football corrupt? Can’t believe it.
  22. HillmortonBlade

Which season made you lose interest the most?

Adkins season, and to emphasise, the Adkins season. It’s the Blades that keep me interested in football though, otherwise my interest in football in general (over and both beer and company at local non-league) continues to diminish.
  23. HillmortonBlade

Other things United are 96th out of 96 in

I should probably have added to my post, “for the timebeing” 😕
  24. HillmortonBlade

Can’t we use that XG stuff? I believe on PorkTalk it indicates they will be promoted this season. Or something like that.
  25. HillmortonBlade

Still, we’re better than Burnley and our recent form not too bad.
  26. HillmortonBlade

Roy's View From... View From Brighton

Har fucking har, seagulls feeding on scraps
  27. HillmortonBlade

Darblade/Ainsley Harriott RIP

I can only echo what so many others have said. Matt’s personality shown out of his posts. Funny, controversial, caring and a true Blade. It is terribly sad and my condolences to his family and the many friends who will miss him.
  28. HillmortonBlade

VAR Vote

The poll could equally be “do you prefer watching football live or on tv?”
  29. HillmortonBlade

Roy's View From... View From Wolves

Ha ha ha you Black Country dingles
  30. HillmortonBlade

Jug earred hypocritical virtue signaller

Linekar is a cunt, many people who have to work with him say so. So firmly up his own arse he’s not seen daylight in years. If he’s upset then I’m even happier.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom