Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. blade67

Don Givens' penalty miss and Nazi Germany's invasion of Poland

Fucking hell. They are all mental and does make me feel really old
  2. blade67

Spot the Ball for MollysMarch and Weston Park Hospital

Cheers guys. I was looking the other day and since last January we've raised over £100,000 for cancer research, so an amazing effort from everyone involved. Thanks to everyone who's donated in any way.
  3. blade67

Hi All, A bit of a shameless bump for this as the Sheffield Half Marathon is our next fundraiser. 50 of us at it for this one. Chris Wilder just donated to the page, so it's gone proper big time today. (plus it makes this blades related, sort of)...
  4. blade67

Hamer fitness

The championship is miles less physically demanding. We looked stronger than everyone last year
  5. blade67

Can someone explain the offside rule please?

Unfortunately this is right. Refs make errors, both on the pitch and VAR. When you play like we do, you are going to be on the wrong end of lots of decisions.
  6. blade67

Roy's View From... Pre-Match View From Fulham

Let me guess "Need a cricket score against this lot" Worst team I've ever seen in prem...." "I'm bringing a prawn sandwich......zzzzz" "I've hated these fuckers ever since....." Edit😂 pretty much 100% wrong.
  7. blade67

Bettis radio sheff tomorrow

I think looking at recruitment based on the sucess of individual players is a mistake. Recruitment should be judged on whether overall it helped the club meet realistic aims. Wilder built 3 teams in his last spell and here is my take on how he got on. League 1 team - realistic aim - play-offs...
  8. blade67

Do you drive a red Citroen C1, reg ending in WXW?

How are you going to explain that username on the Wallsall forum?
  9. blade67

Roy's View From... View From Bournemouth

Did I read we had got worse since they last played us? I don't think so. The 3-1 at the lane was a new low that should have meant Hecky was sacked. That he lasted 1 more game, 5-0 at Burnley was a mistake.
  10. blade67

Player contracts

Of that lot I'd only really be interested in the following (ignoring the obvious ones who won't come back) Baldock Egan Osborn - I understand that's not universally popular Jebbison BBD I wouldn't be that bothered if they all said no either. Go with what we have under contract, and use the...
  11. blade67

CONFIRMED HSBC Sports Ground - New first team training centre

I'm sure that istrue but there are probably a lot less pitches as well. Limb lane has certainly lost some, as has Graves. The pitches between Graves and Warminster are now a housing estate. I can imagine finding a decent pitch is tricky
  12. blade67

Did the posh lads of ecclesall turn you over. Don't worry, I've seen it plenty of times;)
  13. blade67

one answer would be to resolve what is going on over the road in the patch of land bounded by Ash House Lane, Hathersage Road and Cross Lane. Used to have great flat pitches on there for a works team but has been dererlict for decades. You'd probably get 4 junior pitches on there
  14. blade67

Great work Matt Hopefully the winner gets to hark back to 90/91 team. 13th place finish and 46 points, with better to come the season after.
  15. blade67

The result is much more in doubt, that's for sure
  16. blade67

Many thanks to al who have bought a team and especially to mattbianco1 for organising it all. 5/6 left?
  17. blade67

Many thanks to all those who've bought a ticket and anyone who's just donated to the page . Many of the runners are off to Rother Valley to train this morning at the park run there
  18. blade67

Number of Days Lost Through Injury 2023/24

Also, having a smaller squad would likely create the conditions for more injuries.
  19. blade67

Chelsea time kick off moved

Great stuff 1/2 marathon in the morning Party in a boozer from 2pm Blades in the evening. - perhaps catch the bus home as I'll be beyond driving by then
  20. blade67

Thanks for organising.
  21. blade67

Pretend we're rich. Would you risk -6 pts to buy a load of proven Prem quality players?

Another way of looking at it, is that the buying sees other value in owning a football club The idea is that the £20m/£40m/£60m a year is effectively marketing budget. An opportunity to invite fans of the big premier League teams along and have a chat. " Let's meet at my football club" Would...
  22. blade67

Another quality decision by the FA.

Bugger. That's me missing that one then. Doing a thank you event that afternoon for all the runners. On a positive note, we did something similar after the Sheffield 10k and I missed the Newcastle debacle, as a result. To be fair , at 13.30, I might still be running.
  23. blade67

Hecky - Class Act

Interesting to read that. In my opinion , he had many good qualities on display with us. He got us organised, individual player performances improved and he handled the media well. There was some evidence that he knew how to organise the "club" as well , which I guess many owners would...
  24. blade67

Pretend we're rich. Would you risk -6 pts to buy a load of proven Prem quality players?

Absolutely yes. But look at Portsmouth I hear people say. We've been just as shit as them without the FA cup win and European football. If we are smart we could do a Leicester and just dump the debt on hard pushed local businesses twice and just go again. Bring on the financially mad party I say.
  25. blade67

Blades Art

Hi Godric, Thanks for your suggestions. We've had a bit of contact with the club. We've volunteered to help with the bucket shake on the 6th April and a gang of us are running the Sheffield half the next day.
  26. blade67

The dreaded Premier league next season

The problem with this plan is that you can't slowly build in the Championship like that, because players get poached. The Brentford "business plan" could work , where you accept that you'll be selling talent for 4/5 years but gradually strengthen. The problem for us is that model requires...
  27. blade67

Roy's View From... Pre-Match View From Wolves

Did the Aldi shop earlier, so will probably watch this now. Although I've got some gardening to do now the rain has stopped for a bit
  28. blade67

Ex Players - Where are they now?

Chris Porter going back to Oldham is funny. They fucking hated him when he played for us. Chanting greedy bastard and booing him. Jose Baxter got applause , so it wasn't just about being jilted.
  29. blade67

our rubbed out goal by VAR

This. I've seriously considered following my pre match routine, so off to the pub, talk through the team selection etc, then just go home and watch on the telly. The only thing stopping me is the 3pm Saturday TV ban that makes it literally impossible to watch those games
  30. blade67

Blades v Brighton - Match Highlights

Hmm. Ok. Wankers😉

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom