Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. C

24/25 Season Tickets

I’m guessing a factor is that the club/old bill/SAG want to know who’s there. Swopping of season cards means they have no idea, plus grown blokes using children's cards probably pisses them off too, especially if they’re on a banning order… Currently, if you can’t go the club will cancel your...
  2. C

Fernandinho Macedo

Highlight of the game was his Mum squealing when he scored. Great to see positive emotion at the Lane. And good to see a couple of young first teamers come along to watch their mates. And of course Barry Fry being bothered to come along and watch. Actually a very enjoyable arvo at the Lane.
  3. C

New entrance music

Under 21s came out to Underdog by Kasabian. There’s a line that sounds like cocaine dagger but it’s actually cloak and dagger and bar room brawl.. That’s ok then,.,.
  4. C

CONFIRMED HSBC Sports Ground - New first team training centre

Great news. How about the academy and the first teams swop facilities one day a month. Might, just might keep a connection with the city and the fans if the first team still see real Sheffield… Life does exist beyond the border area just down from Wild card..!
  5. C

Season ticket holiday..

So, few months ago the current Mrs. Canterbury says let’s get some sun in the spring. Fixtures checked and few days booked. Careful planning means not booked when I can see United. Then Tv alter the dates of the Arsenal game. Flights already booked, hotel sorted, shorts dusted off, chest...
  6. C

Port Vale, Fleetwood, Carlisle & Cheltenham

Season after next we may well see. Free fall now. Still at least Cheltenham has some decent boozers. The others hardly offer fleshpots, cocktail hour and bottomless brunches worth having. Plus they’re all ducking cold. A bit like our future. Fucking cold. Thanks Prince enjoy your desert
  7. C

Rhian - a Sheffield tale

So, let’s draw a tale here. She is the best looking bird all through school. Everyone fancies her. 5th form disco Me and me saddo mates look on, wearing our pods, farahs and apprentice mullets. If she glanced over in her ra ra skirt it was worth a thousand in the wank bank. She goes to...
  8. C

Pork nightmare

Is this a Halloween party? I imagine the palace of pork could really get a bit of fear going if it played to its potential…. Made me realise that we complain about the SS service and facilities. What would I whinge about if I was a pig? The roof rusting in is a bit more serious than I have...
  9. C

Full marks to Fulham

Watch it on TikTok easily searchable on the net. Fernandes faking an injury then racing in after being ignored by the ref. Fulham getting criticism and Ten Hog spouting in. For my beans, well done for a premier league club to highlight on their website the cheating Man United behaviour. Long...
  10. C

The dreaded Premier league next season

Ticket prices will be higher than the £30 PL cap.. feck knows what the rip off pigs will charge us. Particularly as we will miss first half stuck on a tram somewhere to avoid the windy Wendy wannabes on swillsBorough corner..
  11. C

Match worn boots

I’m sure others have seen the email from the club offering a signed match worn boot for £595.. It may be just me but given recent performances / financial climate does anyone have the will and the cash to splosh £595 on a Norwood/Anel/ Brewster boot? Yep I wore this boot when we conceded 5 in...
  12. C

U18s

Full marks to Havenhand for watching. Mind you so did Jack Lester, cue ‘there’s no one better..’ and full marks as sets the tone for the young lads.
  13. C

CHINESE KIT

Anyone else think it looks a bit like a Wetherspoons carpet? Or something that a member of The Stone Roses might have worn circa 89? If we are truly trying to tap into the Chinese market then I truly hope the upshot is a vast improvement on the catering front. Chinese curry and chips would be...
  14. C

Blades by age group

75+ Same central South stand seat for 30 years and a regular seat on The Sportsman away bus spent collecting team sheets and discussing medical ailments whilst enjoying Wetherspoons hospitality in places 10 miles away from the away ground. Bladder issues as per first category return.
  15. C

CONFIRMED Jill Buyabu signs new contract and joins Motherwell on loan

Nice yellow kit that. Suits him. Round collar too. Good move
  16. C

CONFIRMED John Fleck joins Blackburn Rovers permanently

For someone who only scored 16 goals I think that two of them are in my personal top 10 of celebratory goal moments. Putting the pigs to the sword obviously, but for me the Northampton one was better. My first time ‘on the grass’ (as they say nowadays) for years! Thank you John Fleck you can...
  17. C

CONFIRMED Mason Holgate

Better loan than Thomas.
  18. C

We should be thankful that.....

You can only play with the tools you’re given. Maybe ask Hecky and Chris about the tools they’ve been given??!
  19. C

Things to appreciate this season....

For fucks sake we are in the Premier League. Yes our owners have let us down badly. But look back at our post 75 history and stop whingeing. This would have been a far away dream at Crawley in 2015. Be real .. I
  20. C

Wow..

For the first time in 32 years I went on John St today with 12 year old nephew. I had the option of no queues at the turnstile and easy egress, getting a pint of Neck oil (still a ferocious £6.20), visiting a well laid out khazi when I wanted, sampling some chips with gravy, enjoying some...
  21. C

Blades away games you went to that got cancelled.

That Orient game was a real late call off. So much so that when I arrived about 2, the players were in the ground and eventually ended up loading the coach with all the kit that was in the ground themselves. I don’t think any of us realised that there was no undersoil heating. Two memories...
  22. C

Kop bogs - In and Out

It has to be said that whilst South stand H block bogs aren’t exposed to the elements That the exit signs are useless. It’s a case of H in one door and G in the other. Quite simply there aren’t enough bogs anywhere. Plus when you consider the ageing population of the South stand with their...
  23. C

This is why…

We go to football… Despite the weather, despite Sky, despite the form book, despite this thing called Xmas, despite it being on a Friday night and being on telly, despite not being able to get home by train, despite not being able to go to the works drinks do and despite the wife’s looks when...
  24. C

Would you re-new Season Ticket with Hecky still in charge? Yes? No? Etc?

Yep and if they ever offered it like Chelsea, Ipswich, Norwich etc I’d buy an away season ticket too. It’s all about the mates, seeing other places and the different watering holes. The Blades doing well is an unexpected bonus over recent years and is of course brilliant when it happens. The...
  25. C

Harry… mmmm

Ive admired you since league one. I’ve stuck up for you. I always knew you’d be a cut above. But tonight you betrayed your roots, your pedigree and heritage. Rolling around in front of the south stand after a tickle is beneath you. Whatever persuaded you ain’t worth the bonus. You have a...
  26. C

Weather on Saturday v Man U

Beer festival is back on for Saturday from midday threat reduced…. Bit of a pre match warm up perhaps??
  27. C

Weather on Saturday v Man U

Sheffield beer festival at Kelham island cancelled for today (Friday) due to flood risk.. may reopen tomorrow. That’s a lot of beer to float away…
  28. C

Match day ticket prices.

Junior Blades 30 p on Kop.. stand at front meet others make mates get right side of crush barriers when we score. We seem to have lost our way with the young uns me thinks..
  29. C

When was the last time one of our matches clashed with a major sporting event?

Rugby World Cup final when we won it a few years ago clashed with Ipswich away. Not a huge problem as it was early morning, but did delay our drive as one of our party wanted to watch it. Seem to remember some Suffolkian nonce in maroon slacks and a slack jaw starting the swing low chariot...
  30. C

Bald Blades

5 of us last season sat in Picadilly Tap after Preston away. Some Manc with loads of hair and eyebrows (no not one of them two!) said to his missus “Look it’s a Like Said Fred tribute”. Couldn’t really argue with him. As my Grandad said you shouldn’t worry about what you can’t change as he...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom