Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. YES Blade

European Super League

I think the attraction for the Premier League clubs is that a European super league wouldn’t have any competition meaning the clubs could introduce rules like salary caps without the risk of players just moving to another league. At the moment the Premier League’s revenue is massive, but the...
  2. YES Blade

CONFIRMED HSBC Sports Ground - New first team training centre

I’d also hope that the club have discussed it with planning consultants and the council before making this announcement. It would be pretty embarrassing if the project got cancelled because they couldn’t get planning permission!
  3. YES Blade

The Gulf

Exactly, the cream of the crap! Man City, Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool etc. aren’t shitting themselves about the progress made by those clubs. They’re just in the rotation of clubs that are in the Premier League to make the numbers up. Give it 10 or 20 years and Brentford, Bournemouth etc will...
  4. YES Blade

The Gulf

That’s not what I would define as competing, they’re just fighting to be the cream of the crap.
  5. YES Blade

Something's got to give

I’ve felt that way for a number of years and this season has just emphasised the fact. What’s the point? The gap is only getting bigger, any chance of winning a cup is gone because the top clubs have reserves and under 23s far superior than the majority of the also fans’ first teams. I hate to...
  6. YES Blade

Failure to compete - FA punishment?

I don’t think it’s just us, any billionaire with an ounce of sense won’t waste their money on a football club. It’s just a complete money pit. We’re probably worse than most in the Championship/Premier League as we have an aging stadium and poor training facilities. A billionaire would need to...
  7. YES Blade

What HAVE they done to country's most popular sport?

It’s probably more a case of saving themselves for upcoming fixtures. Why keep playing at 100% when you can drop down to 50%?
  8. YES Blade

Premier League >>>The Holy Grail

Then what’s the point in supporting the club? It seems pretty pointless if our sole ambition as fans is to see the club be good enough to be a Championship club and nothing better.
  9. YES Blade

The other premier league clubs don’t survive on the TV money, they’re making losses funded by their owner. The difference is that the prince is skint and can’t add money to the pot to help fund transfer fees and wages. We will never improve to a level where we can compete whilst the prince owns...
  10. YES Blade

Match Thread Sheffield United v. Arsenal - 4th March 2024

As a one off performance when you’re winning matches in the Championship and confidence is high, it’s possible to put in those type of performances e.g. us beating Spurs last season. It’s far more difficult putting in those performances each week during the grind of a premier league season.
  11. YES Blade

Unless it’s a ridiculous amount of money, then I don’t see how it would make a difference. Say they gave us an extra £100m to spend, that could easily go on two players if it were to include the transfer fees and the wages for four year contracts. I doubt that’s going to really close the gap.
  12. YES Blade

What money has been banked whilst the prince has owned the club? I was under the impression he’d lost money on his ‘investment’? I could be wrong though
  13. YES Blade

I’m certainly not defending the prince or anyone else at the club because they’ve made a complete fuck up of this season. But how the fuck are we supposed to compete? TV money of £200m or whatever it is, just isn’t going to cut it! The top clubs blow that on 2 or 3 players! If the FA or...
  14. YES Blade

What minute did you leave?

Didn’t bother going tonight! That was an even better decision!
  15. YES Blade

This is torture! Please end this match and season right now!
  16. YES Blade

Fuck me! Why is there 5 minutes added time? Show some fucking compassion!
  17. YES Blade

Best thing Wilder can do right now is go to Arteta and beg for mercy.
  18. YES Blade

I really wish we could just throw in the towel and get off the pitch right now!
  19. YES Blade

Same, I’m just left thinking “what’s the point”. We’re light years behind the top clubs and we’ve no hope of closing that gap, if anything the gap is going to continue to grow.
  20. YES Blade

Man U game postponed

For me, the weekend is usually ruined when United play, but each to their own
  21. YES Blade

Another quality decision by the FA.

Tickets for the Chelsea game aren’t on sale yet.
  22. YES Blade

Another quality decision by the FA.

I think they care to the extent that they want to see full stands on tv. However that is still part of ensuring they maximise the tv income. The problem is that the fans moan about matches being moved, but then go to the match anyway! So why would the powers that be give a shit? They know they...
  23. YES Blade

Match worn boots

When I see some of the crap merch that gets released I always wonder who the fuck buys it, but obviously they must sell most of it. If there is someone out there that will pay £595 for one of Brewster’s boots, then they are the definition of money more than sense!
  24. YES Blade

Stadium Development

We first got planning permission for the expansion 15 years ago and keep extending the permission. I think it’s safe to say that after this much time it’s never going to get built! I’m also of the opinion that stadium design has moved on in 15 years so we should just completely scrap those...
  25. YES Blade

Stadium Development

If these students are struggling to work out how to sign up to our ticket website and buy tickets, then I don’t think they’ve got much chance of getting their degree! 🤣
  26. YES Blade

Stadium Development

That’s the bigger issue, limited corporate facilities. It’s where the big money is made and the reason clubs invest in new stadiums. It would be nice if investment in this area helped improve the facilities for us in the cheap seats, but I can’t see it ever happening.
  27. YES Blade

Stadium Development

Unless we get bought out by some billionaire, but again, that’s something I can’t see happening any time soon
  28. YES Blade

Stadium Development

We ain’t going to expand the Lane anyway! I’ll be amazed if any significant building work takes place within the next 20 years.
  29. YES Blade

Blue cards

I definitely think the blue card is worth a try, it’ll be interesting to see what happens in the trials. Those professional fouls are a good example of where the blue card could work well. They aren’t worthy of a red but a yellow isn’t harsh enough.
  30. YES Blade

Blue cards

That’s change is it not? Enforcing the rules properly would be a change. The problem is, if the refs started giving yellow cards for all acts of dissent then there were be managers, pundits and fans moaning that it’s ruining the game. Basically, whatever happens in football, someone will moan!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom