Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. B

MOTD titles

Arsenal score last night and a caption appears on the MOTD screen that it was 1,000 goal scored in the Premier league this season. I'm surprised that the caption wasn't followed with a further ... 'Sheffield United have conceded 8% of those goals HA HA!'
  2. B

Mark Clattenburg on United and McBurnie

You lose all credibility when talking about spitting at people.
  3. B

1973-74 match reports and photos (50 years ago today)

My recollection of this game was on the Monday (April 8th ) I left Sheffield and so my chances of watching every home game would be limited. My parents always sent me Green Un's and newspaper cuttings. On the Sunday (April 7th) I heard the song that had won the Eurovision. Some obscure Swedish...
  4. B

1968-69 (55 years ago) match reports and photos

Went to Blackpool for the Easter weekend match. Had a burger from a Burger van outside the ground. The next few days that burger kept on coming up over and over. Never been to a Burger van again. I see Derby County got promoted over that weekend. Brian Clough's purchase of Willie Carlin in...
  5. B

The elusive Chelsea are coming to the Lane

Full marks to those two Chelsea fans. It's easy to look at these clubs and call their supporters 'glory hunters'. It's obvious those two guys have seen them through thick and thin.
  6. B

Team vs Chelsea

Having Archer available would be a real bonus.
  7. B

Roy's View From... View From Liverpool

'McBurnie - there's no need for thuggery like that...' Obviously not old enough to remember Graeme Souness. Thanks Roy
  8. B

'Memries' 30 years ago today Liverpool 1 United 2. It could happen!!

There was snow on the tops going over to Liverpool that morning (1994) and it was one of the coldest matches I've been to.
  9. B

CONFIRMED HSBC Sports Ground - New first team training centre

Abbeydale Boys Grammar (Grange) school's old playing pitches at the top of Springfield Road are still there but have been made into something called Carterknowle Park. It looks as though it is only used by dog walkers. There's space up there for 4 pitches. Only need some white line paint, sets...
  10. B

1963-64 (60 years ago) match reports and photos

This was my first experience of a night match at Bramall Lane. I heard Pep complaining about the Man City fixture pile-up. Something like 7 matches in 21 days. Just look at this Easter weekend in 1964 : - Saturday away at Arsenal Monday away at Wolves Tuesday home to Wolves. No 25 man squads...
  11. B

Match of the Day Shite

Totally agree. However for those of us in the ground we are important as we play the role of the 'unpaid extras.' We create the atmosphere which is a major part of the theatre that is beamed across the world to some (Liverpool / Arsenal / Man City / Chelsea / Man Utd / Spurs, delete where...
  12. B

Garth Crooks team of the week

BBD & Crooks both from Stoke. Thought for once the bias may have come our way.
  13. B

Cricket at the lane...

I remember in August 1969 we went to see Yorkshire play against Lancs.(?) and a guy asked us to come back the next day to help move all those cast iron seats into storage so the ground could be made ready for the Blades v. Midllesborough match. They were bloody heavy. While we there word was...
  14. B

1973-74 match reports and photos (50 years ago today)

We were probably cursing Bob Hatton that day not knowing just how important he would prove to be to us in the next decade. Bob Hatton probably described as a 'journeyman footballer' was totally underrated. It looks as though Bob Latchford had left Brum in a big figure transfer to Everton and...
  15. B

Blades Band Names

Dean Hammond The Free Electric Band
  16. B

24/25 Season Tickets

This season we'd have all paid double that for a seat behind one of the pillars.
  17. B

24/25 Season Tickets

£321.00 for renewal in the South stand senior citizen. For 19 Premier league matches is great value.
  18. B

Jebbison Mystery

Mr Bettis, the reason fans make things up is because they care and they want information. It's your job to communicate with the supporters. I'm sure you could have given us an update sometime ago without disclosing any personal medical information. Just do your job.
  19. B

Fernandinho Macedo

Put him in the squad for the Fulham game and the opposition may think we've got 2 goalies on the bench.
  20. B

Forest deducted four points

JOC £400k - could almost make you weep when you consider what we've spent in recent years and what we've had back for it.
  21. B

Gerry Summers RIP

There's an irony there Silent. As that team from the early 1960's began to retire it took a long time and several experimental line-ups for John Harris to replace it. It could be argued that the team and result at Oxford in January 1971 was the game that we saw the turn around. I always thought...
  22. B

Wilder meeting with Prince.

He did appear mentally broken last time. He should have taken a break until the end of the season and then come back stronger. Respect for him would not have suffered. I think he now seems mentally broken. Look at Chris Wilder after the Liverpool at home game (December?) Bubbly, optimistic...
  23. B

Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

Len'sbeen photoshopped. Wonder if Prince William took the photo.
  24. B

Complete this sentence

After watching the Blades for 60 years ......I've completed my sentence.
  25. B

Arblaster

Ollie Arblaster 1.75m 65kg Phil Foden 1.71m 69kg Pretty sure Man City fans forums will not be discussing the tired, stale argument that you have to be a midfield powerhouse to be successful in the Premier league.
  26. B

Worst 5 players this season (not including loans)

Not enough space on the internet.
  27. B

Times Article - Infuriating

Yes I'm being serious. Just because Simon Jordan says it's OK does not mean that I think the same. We should all make up our own minds about these things and just because someone in the game says 'it goes on all the time' doesn't prevent me thinking it's wrong. Hecky was the team coach. The...
  28. B

Times Article - Infuriating

The Prince talking to Wilder while Hecky was still manager was the thing that made me realise this is a bloke that we can't trust.
  29. B

Football heaven

It was an uncomfortable listen. Sincere fans phoning in with their views (including a Chessie fan who talked sense) and listen to the RS 'pundits' shout them down in a bullying fashion. Wilder came out scot free. No mention about his dreadful starting formation.
  30. B

Forward planning

Just to pick up your final sentence. 'Strategic thinking' This is what what we require now. There are two statements that have been used recently. One, is the term used on here 'We need to Re-set for next season', and the second one is to quote Paul Heckingbottom (on Talk Sport) 'We have lost...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom