Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. JasonEllis

Team

Yup it has given Liverpool the edge over us that has...
  2. JasonEllis

Blades Crest Referendum

Agreed, as a Juventino the change was rhubarb
  3. JasonEllis

To the ‘fans’ leaving early

To avoid the crowds if you were taking the tube you would have needed to hang back by an hour or two...
  4. JasonEllis

Berge

That is a good example, agreed, and your point on it going both ways feels right - for this good play there were, however, at least a handful of times in the 2nd half where he delayed a pass/shot too long.
  5. JasonEllis

Berge

Interesting how different people see things differently. I thought Berge was improved sure but MOTM for me was Doyle who I thought played excellent.
  6. JasonEllis

Berge

I was just going to say the same, he always took an extra touch it seemed to me. I thought he was our weakest midfielder personally.
  7. JasonEllis

Match Thread Sheffield United v. Blackburn Rovers - FA Cup Quarter Final - 19th March 2023

There is no pattern to our play at all - same as recent weeks we just seem to hope for some individual skill
  8. JasonEllis

For what it's worth... Berge

He may want to play the CM/pivot role, but the only thing he could do there based on the stats is run with the ball - he is great compared to MFs for that prgressive carrues and takeons, but poor-to middling for passing. There is nothing in the stats to suggest that he is a good passer of the...
  9. JasonEllis

For what it's worth... Berge

With respect the stats on FBRef (as an example) show him as in the bottom 25th percentile of midfielders for passing completion (raising to middle 50 for progressive passes) and tackling so the stats support that opinion really rather well. He's a good progressive carrier of the ball, he isn't...
  10. JasonEllis

No match report today

Having just watched the extended "highlights" on YouTube you were certainly right not to do a report on the match - I feel for whoever had to pull together and edit those clips of the ball being kicked/headed straight out of play/at a defender/into the arms of the goalkeeper (delete as...
  11. JasonEllis

LITTLE WEE JIMMY

Wilder...
  12. JasonEllis

Berge

The same Beattie who scored like 30 goals in 60 games, easily performing to the standard expected of him. What an odd comparison to draw. I'm expecting him to be able to hold his own in the championship more often than not - to my eyes he simply doesn't. I'm far past expecting he could live up...
  13. JasonEllis

I'll tell you what is embarrassing

We were rather rubbish, the stats above really don't counter this unfortunately. We weren't horrendous, but we were bad.
  14. JasonEllis

Match Thread Blackburn Rovers v. Sheffield United - 4th March 2023

Whether we get a goal or not, this has been rhubarb.
  15. JasonEllis

I think Rovers look poor, not a good side like Boro for example, but they have a pattern to their play and energy when they break. We seem to have no real pattern save for relying on some individual skill from Norwood/Bogle/Ndiaye or a goal from a long throw/set piece.
  16. JasonEllis

Then bashambauer nearly scores a worldy
  17. JasonEllis

Bash pulled too central following g the wrong man and they doubled up in him
  18. JasonEllis

Newcastle and Berge

Jumping in (if I may) on point 2, I don't think anyone is necessarily arguing that a higher value "must" mean that they will be brilliant. As you have highlighted (and others have conceded) exceptions exist. It is worth bearing in mind that value is relative, so £40m today gets you a potentially...
  19. JasonEllis

Newcastle and Berge

The price paid is indeed how much the selling club require to part with the player (absent a minimum fee release clause and/or fire-sale etc), but I would posit that it is generally also an indicator as to how well a player should be expected to perform. The value of an asset is also informed by...
  20. JasonEllis

Newcastle and Berge

With all due respect, I think this statement is utterly bizarre. A player (or any other asset) has a value that has been given to it and a player costing x (and thereby generally suggesting a value at least in that range at the time of payment) would be expected to perform better than one worth...
  21. JasonEllis

Fulham were 17th...

One presumes MJM means as opposed to the current United team, not compared to the United team that played Fulham in that game (who were by a fair margin better performing than the current crop). Thus raising a valid point regards the premise of the opening post.
  22. JasonEllis

How Worried Are You?

I'm at 'getting an ex-Juventus player on loan, turning out to be Vincent Péricard' levels of anxiety
  23. JasonEllis

Slav updates

This is a good point, I agree with this :p
  24. JasonEllis

Outgoing? Brewster to Fenerbache (loan)

Juve are quite often referred to as "I Bianconeri" in general conversation also.
  25. JasonEllis

Ramsdale - sell him or keep him poll

I don't disagree, but he left Birmingham when he was 20 so did not have many best years... Ramsdale is already 3 years older now.
  26. JasonEllis

Ramsdale - sell him or keep him poll

Hopefully, although tbf people possibly thought the same about Jack Butland so nothing is certain (except death and taxes...).
  27. JasonEllis

Baldock

My favourite player in the current crop since we signed him.
  28. JasonEllis

McBurnie at Wembley

I think he was picked up by Bradford's academy post-Leeds? Moved to Swansea then at 18/19. In any event, if he wants to go watch them in his spare time good luck to him - the point remains if he was producing on the pitch (and/or hasn't put his foot in it a bit off the field this season) then...
  29. JasonEllis

‘The worst PL teams ever’ - Season after

A full season methinks ...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom