Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. beatific blade

Padded Seat

Hoooooooooow muuuuuuuch ?!?!
  2. beatific blade

Sunderland confirmed as 2nd lowest points in Premier League history

If we beat Forest and can contribute to them being relegated instead of Luton, I would feel a slight warmth inside at the end of a thoroughly unenjoyable campaign
  3. beatific blade

Notice how many of the "historic low points totals" have come since the PL TV deals skyrocketed after 2015? The knock-on effect of boosted commercial revenues that results from wider-reach (Far-East, India, USA) was predictably massively hoovered up by the big teams who can exploit these...
  4. beatific blade

It's more the fact that Burnley often get away with being simply "naive," whereas we were/are diabolically rancid and offensive to the history of football. (For what it's worth I do think Burnley are better than us)
  5. beatific blade

Despite being the "worst side in the history of football", we somehow have more points after 31 games this season than we did in 2020/21
  6. beatific blade

Thickest team we’ve ever had

Darius Henderson and Jose Baxter on the bench maybe? 🤣
  7. beatific blade

Final points total. Nearest the bull.

I think Wilder needs to be able to show the players at the end of the season a league table that is based on since he took over and it shows us as competitive. He needs that to make the players believe they are potentially somewhere good enough to take on the Championship proactively and win...
  8. beatific blade

Just our luck

I'd rather Luton come down with us than Everton or Forest. The championship could be more competitive next season especially if Pompey, Derby and Bolton all come up. Not exactly minnows of league one coming up. Bring Luton and Burnley (Kompany will fuck them off as soon as he has a better...
  9. beatific blade

Archer

He literally scored against Villa 6 league games ago 🤣 think that might have impressed them slightly. He won't be playing for us or Villa next season. Not sure what the point of this post is. No offence originaltrueblade !
  10. beatific blade

Can't remember such media ridicule?

I felt far more deflated when getting beat every other week by Walsall, Southend, Scunthorpe, Rochdale, Fleetwood, Shrewsbury, Gillingham. All after 5 years in a league where we were the highest wage bill every season. What we’re seeing this season is a woefully underprepared and...
  11. beatific blade

Match Thread Crystal Palace v. Sheffield United - 30th January 2024

I'd like to Peer Review this data for the purposes of validating results of this study. Edit: Send me what you got
  12. beatific blade

Goodbye, Rhian Brewster

Yes he has pockets of technical ability which come to the fore once every 6 months. Sadly he is not a professional footballer in the sense of knowing where to stand, where to run, when to run, etc. I think he’s just a bit thick. He’ll end up with a Cardiff/Swansea/QPR in the championship and...
  13. beatific blade

Fascinating Personality Analysis of Wilder

My own view on this is that we quite obviously shouldn’t take Mike’s conclusions as fundamentally and unquestionably “correct”. But his perspective is very interesting, and I do think large parts of this do resonate. I think for all his ‘straight-talking, no-nonsense’ persona, it seems to me...
  14. beatific blade

Fascinating Personality Analysis of Wilder

I posted this in shoutbox but felt it deserves a slot. Incredibly interesting personality analysis of Wilder’s capabilities and how this could help the Blades when applied to a relegation battle. We’re almost certainly going down without further “snookers” for Forest/Everton, but nonetheless I...
  15. beatific blade

Troy Deeney

Total bellendery from this half-wit
  16. beatific blade

Sai Sachdev

Hinshelwood is now playing regularly for Brighton in the PL. Interesting how at this level the talent still gets a chance whether they're playing in the PL, championship, L1 or still in the development teams
  17. beatific blade

Antwoine Hackford

I think the McFadzean boys went to Westfield too. Quite the hotbed 🤣
  18. beatific blade

CONFIRMED Ben Brereton Diaz signs on loan

Yes... which is why when comparing long-running xG samples sizes you need to look at what proportion of overall xG are classed as "big chances" Missing three x 0.4 xG big chances is far worse xG-wise than missing fifteen x 0.08 cG chances
  19. beatific blade

Osula or McBurnie to start against Chelsea?

Wilder has Archer more involved in play, instead of playing off the last defender and having 3 touches a game. I think this will help McBurnie’s game, a little like when he and Ndiaye worked so well together. McBurnie is a bit of a (loveable) tool, but he is a good footballer and his link-up...
  20. beatific blade

Are we going to stick with the present formation/system?

I don't mean to be overly-dramatic but I think I've cooked up a very cunning plan which cannot fail. Disclaimer - the following is a framework and the individual personnel will change. We need to define a way of playing that we can take into the championship to be a threat. Just call me...
  21. beatific blade

Worse Premier League team ever?

We won 7 games that season??? I can only remember: 1-0 v Newcastle 2-1 v WBA 2-1 v Man U 1-0 v Burnley final game of the season
  22. beatific blade

Freak season & how football has changed

I saw this graphic on Twitter this morning and it threw into stark reality for me just how weird this season actually is. The rule changes for this season (longer added time, more VAR, multi-ball, etc) have contributed to a ridiculous jump in the number of goals in the PL. It’s changed how...
  23. beatific blade

"Carrying the ball"

Totally agree with the observation. The game at the moment in the top levels is about breaking lines when team press you. That’s why City signed Kovacic and Nunes. I think it’s a major part of why we look so inferior. We get pressed and we pass backwards and it encourages more pressing. It’s...
  24. beatific blade

Gap between Premier League and Championship

Presumption from me. I’d expect there will be release clauses in at least one of these.
  25. beatific blade

Gap between Premier League and Championship

The key to January is if a sale of the club goes through. If not, there will be no additional spend (possibly 1 loan) and we will be relegated for sure. We have a real problem next summer. Around a dozen or more senior players out of contract. We are going to need to rebuild the squad. We...
  26. beatific blade

When did we stop playing this when the Blades came out?

I like the current Wolfmother one.
  27. beatific blade

CONFIRMED Ryan One

ONE LOVE For the mothers pride ONE LOVE For the times we cried ONE LOVE Oh I do believe ONE LOVE IS ALL WE NEED deletes S24SU account
  28. beatific blade

Time for a back 4

I understand the argument in theory for a back 4. I also totally see what the likes of Deadbat observe in the midfield being dominated. Tbh I think it’s been more of a physical thing so far. Doucoure and Onana were awesome yesterday. Most teams have big strong athletes that are also very good...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom