Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. GreasyChipBeattie

25 from 144

And your suggestion for the manager that would have done better with the current squad is....
  2. GreasyChipBeattie

VAR Lines

Another reason off-side is f*****d up now. If an attacker out wide isn't interfering with play, how can a defender be playing him on when he's not affecting the nearest forward player?
  3. GreasyChipBeattie

Match Thread Manchester United v. Sheffield United - 24th April 2024

Reasons we'll get tonked tonight: Man U will not want a repeat of Saturday's last 20 minute fiasco and will be out to prove people wrong. Our players will be told/thinking 'If Cov can do that to them, so can we' Mmmm, that would require us to be as good as Coventry wouldn't it? Cov had an FA cup...
  4. GreasyChipBeattie

Never Before - Until

Love this mate.
  5. GreasyChipBeattie

Never Before - Until

I think the bigger problem is with the off-side rule generally. The Leeds forward wasn't hanging around in an of-side position waiting to gain an unfair advantage. In this instance, if he'd have set off a split second later and been on-side, the opportunity to score would have been identical...
  6. GreasyChipBeattie

Slightly interesting fact

I'm with you on this '73. I also noticed a bit of an anomaly which has gone against us. If we hadn't lost the number of points we have after 85 minutes, we would be out of the relegation places as things stand, but once we'd noticed this worrying trend, do you think they'd let us extend the...
  7. GreasyChipBeattie

Vini Souza

Add it to the list mate...
  8. GreasyChipBeattie

Back 4

4 at the back works as well as 3 or 5 at the back if you have the players in the team to be able to do any of those options. Sadly we don't in this league.
  9. GreasyChipBeattie

I'm starting to get a bit nervous now

F**k. never thought to check the remaining fixtures. Maybe 4 wins and a draw then?
  10. GreasyChipBeattie

I'm starting to get a bit nervous now

Could have done with at least a point today. I'm afraid it's starting to look like we might be in for a bit of a relegation battle. Still, win 5 of our last 6 and we should be fine. Might need to score a few on the way though incase it goes to goal difference. COYRAWWizaaaarrrds.
  11. GreasyChipBeattie

Everton

So let me get this right. Originally handed a 10 point deduction, and now, after a further offence and second punishment end up with a total of 8 points deducted? 🤷‍♀️
  12. GreasyChipBeattie

Few points from the Chelsea performance

Just one for a draw mate no matter how well we played. Edit: Sorry, I really should read more than just the thread title.
  13. GreasyChipBeattie

Roy's View From... Pre-Match View From Chelsea

To be fair, I think a team from OUR forum could probably beat us, and our forum team would be wanting a Blades win!! 😂
  14. GreasyChipBeattie

United old timers best XI (all signed when over 30)

Edit: Deleted as it sounded funny when I typed it, but not so when I read it back.
  15. GreasyChipBeattie

Liverpools GD

It might even be better than Arsenal's by half time mate!!
  16. GreasyChipBeattie

Oliver Burke

"If Posh and Becks can do it, why can't we?" Well, errrr, because you're not quite Posh and Becks are you? 🤷‍♀️
  17. GreasyChipBeattie

Throwing points away in injury time

14 yesterday with a relatively minor VAR check. 16 at Fulham with the ambulance crew on sorting Bash out for ages. Summat not reight. Edit: Actually, I think that was first half wasn't it? So the clock would be reset?
  18. GreasyChipBeattie

Roy's View From... View From Fulham

“If Sheffield United did go down, there’s some players there that would add value to our squad. CB: Anel Ahmedhodžić CM: Gus Hamer / Vini Souza ST/LW: Brereton Diaz (on loan at the mo) McAtee also seems a tidy player” I'd prefer you took Norwood and added value to our squad.
  19. GreasyChipBeattie

Can someone explain the offside rule please?

The rule needs updating big time I think. It was brought in and is still there to stop players 'seeking to gain an advantage' or 'boglining' as we used to call it. Hardly boglining is it when you're running away from goal! This is why it infuriates me when marginal offsides rule out goals when...
  20. GreasyChipBeattie

It reminded me of the goal we conceded that was disallowed because it was classed as still in the first phase of play. 'The defender had a chance to clear and messed up, therefore 2nd phase should have started' was the comment at the time. Similar to today, their defender didn't clear properly...
  21. GreasyChipBeattie

So if you're in front of the ball in an offside position, and get back onside while the ball goes backwards, then the ball goes forwards while you're on side and then you get the ball, you're called offside for the original offence even though you didn't touch it while you were in the original...
  22. GreasyChipBeattie

No, but they would have been in an offside position when the ball was played.
  23. GreasyChipBeattie

Well I didn't know that. I was quite sure i'd seen loads of goals scored where it's cut back from the goal line and a player in an otherwise offside position scores and it's allowed.
  24. GreasyChipBeattie

From what I saw, Souza was in an offside position, not interfering with play, then got back onside as the ball was played backwards. Then the ball goes forward with Souza on side and comes back to McB to score. What have I missed here please?
  25. GreasyChipBeattie

What if we stayed up?

I'm in. What do you think our chances of qualifying for European next season are mate? ;)
  26. GreasyChipBeattie

Man U v Lpool

Thought the Wolves/Cov one was better.
  27. GreasyChipBeattie

Complete this sentence

Buy the 2023/24 season review video.| Actually, no I wouldn't!
  28. GreasyChipBeattie

Famous double humpings Q1

Can you give me until the end of the season with this one please? ;)
  29. GreasyChipBeattie

Roy's View From... View From Bournemouth

Comment deleted. For clarification, it mentioned nothing about coming first :(

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom