CONFIRMED Rhian Brewster

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

"It's a big thread, a historic thread, and when a thread with that sort of fan base comes knocking, you can't turn it down.

Looking forward to being given the opportunity to play in the rumour mill and push it to 500 pages where it belongs.

Spoke to the gaffer, he told me what I need to do to avoid an infraction.

Seem like good lads on there, great meme spirit. Just can't wait to get started"
As long as he doesn’t call it a ‘massive’ thread I’m happy.

Depends when that happens and what he's done in the meantime. If he stays 2 or 3 years and is a scoring sensation his value could be more like double that. So you could say we end up selling him back to Liverpool for half of his future market value. But looking at it another way, we make £23m profit on the deal and he keeps us in the Prem during that period.

Another scenario could be that we decide to sell him, but Liverpool don't want to buy him back at that point. If that's the case then we are free to sell him to someone else and if his value has increased beyond £40M we stand to be quids in.

And yet another scenario is that he's a flop, we get relegated, Liverpool don't want to buy him back, and nobody else wants to pay anywhere near the £17m we paid for him and we are stuck with him, Jordan Rhodes style. :(

I try not to think about that last scenario - but I put it up on here because it will make our negative Blades very happy, temporarily. It will also be good ammunition for them to use in a future post, when he's played 2 games for us and not scored.
Also Liverpool operate within their means, making it even less likely they'd see him as THE solution to whatever their necessary squad jigsaw piece is at the time. They don't often spend e.g. £35m/40m.

Also... SURELY... transfer prices overall will start to dip a bit after all the world is going through.

I will get pelters for this but defensively I don't think we need to worry ,we just haven't taken our scoring opportunities , but I think we need to push out the boat up front if we don't that's going to be our downfall ,We need to add 1more forward ( hopefully after brewster) and 2 attacking midfielders , I don't advocate the we will score 4 if they score 3 philosophy (my heart wouldn't take it )
I just want the board to back CW not enough to put us at risk but to think about keeping us in the EPL 😊😊

I will get pelters for this but defensively I don't think we need to worry ,we just haven't taken our scoring opportunities , but I think we need to push out the boat up front if we don't that's going to be our downfall ,We need to add 1more forward ( hopefully after brewster) and 2 attacking midfielders , I don't advocate the we will score 4 if they score 3 philosophy (my heart wouldn't take it )
I just want the board to back CW not enough to put us at risk but to think about keeping us in the EPL 😊😊
Yeah, I'd say our defence still looks better than most others in the league, even without JOC!

Lost 3 only conceded 4 overall. Most teams have conceded that in one fixture already.

I really hope we sign this lad, if only because he could potentially form a strike partnership with Burke, and give me the chance to somehow turn "Burke and Brewster" into a tenuous old Blue Peter gag (for Blades fans of a certain age)......

1601401480923.png

Just to show we are not all sexist pigs, here's one for the ladies

Oh, and don't watch this at work or you will get the sack.

I showed Petunia that and she said, “Is that who we’re signing?”. And then she started asking me when crowds are allowed back in stadiums! :oops:

See what you’ve done now?

NSFH! Not Suitable For Home!

So why have Liverpool let him talk to us without agreeing a fee?

So why have Liverpool let him talk to us without agreeing a fee?

There's probably good faith on both sides through weeks of negotiation that we're now not far away in our valuations. We may have even matched their valuation but are discussing the structural terms of the deal.

With only a week left of the transfer window it probably makes sense to get the personal terms agreed (which can take time) whilst the small details between the clubs are ironed out.

It seems (from the outside) that Liverpool have been really good with us on this deal.

Back
Top Bottom