Why did this week’s VAR decision.......

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Why did this week’s VAR decision go our way?

• Spurs are not a big enough club.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs are not as big a club as Man Utd.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Michael Oliver owed us one.

Votes: 17 11.7%
  • It was the correct decision under the rules.

Votes: 120 82.8%
  • Other

Votes: 3 2.1%

• Total voters

Why were the rules implemented correctly?

I'm struggling to understand the point of the question.......
Unless this is another Villa Park thread again.

Shit rule, really easy decision. The only question is why it still took them that long.

Why were the rules implemented correctly?

I'm struggling to understand the point of the question.......
Unless this is another Villa Park thread again.

What?
The rules are if the ball hits the hand in the Build up to a goal it's disallowed. Load of shit but there you are. Change the rule back to being deliberate or accidental for me. Man City similarly denied last night, quite wrong.

I think you'll find the rule is also if the ball is all over the line it's a goal. Great idea and a rule I've never had a doubt over.

What?
The rules are if the ball hits the hand in the Build up to a goal it's disallowed. Load of shit but there you are. Change the rule back to being deliberate or accidental for me. Man City similarly denied last night, quite wrong.

I think you'll find the rule is also if the ball is all over the line it's a goal. Great idea and a rule I've never had a doubt over.

You quoted the wrong guy?
Can't see how that is a reply to what I put.

I don't even get that this incident highlights how 'crap' the rules are, Spurs got a massive advantage from the handball. If for instance Kane had miscontrolled and the ball flicked up hit his arm then he had to recover the ball and went on to score, then you could say it was crap as he's gained no advantage and it wasn't intentional.

As with Lundstram's toe....
Which you keep quoting as good we're whinging because it's come down to opinion, it wasn't black and white it was a minuscule amount down to poorly drawn lines and play had to go a long way back to pick it up. Once again it appears procedures are in place to deny Sheffield United and then never used again.

Which you keep quoting as good we're whinging because it's come down to opinion, it wasn't black and white it was a minuscule amount down to poorly drawn lines and play had to go a long way back to pick it up. Once again it appears procedures are in place to deny Sheffield United and then never used again.

The lines have been used many times this season.
I remember Wolves having one disallowed by a fraction, Leicester had one allowed because of them too.

But keep promoting that incorrect 'They are trying to deny Sheffield United' myth.

But keep promoting that incorrect 'They are trying to deny Sheffield United' myth.

Yeah you picked up on the wrong thing this
play had to go a long way back to pick it up.
they rolled the footage back 6 moves one of which was an interception by a Spurs player to find a toe offside (which was debateable) to disallow a goal scored.
Now we're on the same page, perhaps you can point out where a similar incident has occurred this season and if you can find one try finding another usage of the 'intent to foul' rule because that's only ever been used once in the EPL and guess who was on the receiving end?

Back
Top Bottom