Bournemouth into Administration

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

There was an article on The Athletic a while back explaining how precarious Bournemouth’s finances are. Something like 80% of their TV income is spent on player wages. Looking bleak for them.
Unless there has been a different article, the one I saw said that 80% of their income came from broadcasting deals. The highest in the division by some distance (I think Burnley were second highest).

I am pretty sure that there is a FFP rule in the premier league that wages can’t be above 70% of income.

Eddie Howe is a myth. There's better players than they've had before but Eddie's magic has run out.
See you later, cheating bastards.

I wouldn't really want any Bournemouth players to be honest, not even Brooks. I'd take Ramsdale if he was cheap, but I think those players are going in the wrong direction.

We sign players on the up with a winner's mentality and drive, players grafting, and use that hunger to get the best of ourselves.

Bournemouth players have a losing mentality, they were absymal second half of last season too, and very few work their bollocks off for their team, plus as we saw at their ground and ours, they don't suit Wilder's way of playing football (ie fairly and without diving and screaming).

They're probably all being paid too much anyway.

How much did they spend on solanke and ibe? Can’t be that stupid with money and expect everything to run smoothly

What about Callum Wilson? No bladey bladey connection, but still a good goalscorer.

Much as i'd love Wilson here he's reportedly on £100k a week which means it's an absolute non starter.

Their wage bill is apparently £104m per year on gates of 12k.

I'd be surprised re admin as their owner is loaded but it wouldn't entirely shock me.

We sign players on the up

The first season under Wilder we signed Duffy (binned by Championship Birmingham), Clarke (seemingly perennial League 1), Wright (binned by L1 Oxford), Lavery (dropping down a league), O’Connell (dropping down a league), Hanson (perennial League 1/2) etc. I don’t think anyone is saying we should buy all the Bournemouth squad, but 1 or 2 in a better environment and coached by a better set-up surely have the potential to do very well – particularly those that are still relatively very young.

I'm sure someone at BL is keeping an eye or maybe two eyes on the situation. Wilder will know who he would like, he'll not say but he knows. I don't how I know but....yunno.

Just looked and it's actually £111million! Completely unsustainable for a club of that size, surely.

They're fucked if they get relegated and don't come straight back up as even parachute payments won't save them from that sort of wage bill.

And they sold us Moose for somewhere between £6-10m depending on who you believe and he's outscored both of them combined in 26 appearances for us.
And some felt they robbed us for that fee

Reap what you sow..........

The Previous media darlings (fairytale rise my arse) up through the leagues looks like an even sharper drop through the leagues....

Just like rats jumping a sinking ship.......

"weve got our £££ off we go!!"

Bournigan for the word play
I just put Bournigan to the tune of Have you ever heard a digital accordion? By the Lovely Eggs, specificallythe verse about reading Richard Brautigan.

Unless there has been a different article, the one I saw said that 80% of their income came from broadcasting deals. The highest in the division by some distance (I think Burnley were second highest).

I am pretty sure that there is a FFP rule in the premier league that wages can’t be above 70% of income.

That’s probably the one then. Got my wires crossed.

Anyone remember Bournemouth signing Ritchie and Wilson in league one? We were in for Wilson but couldn't find the fee. It's not quite the fairytale it's made out to be at Bournemouth; it never was really. I read somewhere that their wage bill alone is 85% of their current income. They still owe a lot of money on installments from historical transfers too. Bournemouth should be a cautionary tale for United. They were promoted in 15/16 but, - as of now - they haven't made any tangible improvements to their infrastructure; this despite playing at a tiny ground that they don't own, and having shocking training ground and academy facilities. They have planning approved for the training ground/academy build, that has now been paused - ostensibly due to coronavirus, but possibly due to fiscal concerns?: https://theathletic.com/1854077/2020/06/08/bournemouth-new-35m-training-ground-work-stopped/
If they go down, and don't get their sales and recruitment right, they could and up in the third, fourth or fifth tiers with nothing to show for the Howe era except memories. Fortunately for them, they aren't without saleable assets: Ramsdale, King, Brooks, Wilson, Ake etc. Personally I wouldn't go near any of their players with the possible exception of Brooks, Ramsdale and, at a push, King. Wilson is believed to be on 100k a week and has had two shocking injuries so is best avoided. If they go down, the next two years of large parachute payments are absolutely pivotal for them. There's a big dip in year three so chickens could well and truly have come home to roost by then. If you look at the chart here, they have spent 10 million plus on 13 players in the last 5 years. Extraordinary when you consider that the market has only got really got crazy in the last couple of years: https://www.skysports.com/football/...inside-life-in-the-transfer-market-at-burnley

That’s horrific
What is it about Solanke that keeps be thinking if he gets a run injury free he could still have a top career?
Is it just Champ Manager bias or his he a busted flush?
If he really just wants an opportunity maybe him staying next season at Bournemouth, and playing in the Championship can kick start his career. They’ll need him as Wilson and King won’t be there.

nopigfansintown i take ake at under £10m, last yr he was a very good defender

but i cant believe that howe would allow it to a club to end up in such a financial mess. as howe was their in 2008 when as he says if they hadnt stayed up on the final day in League 2. they wouldve been relegated. they wouldve been gone like bury. so why would he risk the club again. like wilder has always said he been through it before at halifax & Northampton. he would never risk the club by spending money they dont have

Last edited:
nopigfansintown i take ake at under £10m, last yr he was a very good defender

but i cant believe that howe would allow it to a club to end up in such a financial mess. as howe was their in 2008 when as he says if they hadnt stayed up on the final day in League 2. they wouldve been relegated. they wouldve been gone like bury. so why would he risk the club again. like wilder has always said he been through it before at halifax & Northampton. he would never risk the club by spending money they dont have

Me neither, they've bet the farm which is pretty unforgivable really. There's believed to be teams in for Ake at three or four times that, so I can't see him coming here.

What is it about Solanke that keeps be thinking if he gets a run injury free he could still have a top career?
If he really just wants an opportunity maybe him staying next season at Bournemouth, and playing in the Championship can kick start his career. They’ll need him as Wilson and King won’t be there.
If they had to sell, can you imagine the loss they would make from a sale

Hope? They've spend £20m on him, they're just praying he either starts turning up or has a purple patch so that they can sell him and get a bit of it back.

If they accepted that a player who's scored 7 senior goals in his career probably isn't up to much and let him rot in the reserves where his performances in the Prem would put him, they're just writing off £20m.

Wilson and King seem to have lost their mojo imo

Perhaps another club might reinvigorate them?

I’m sure CW can get them firing again, but fees and wages will be beyond the club, certainly for next season

He was in the same youth group as Tammy Abraham at Chelsea.

Whilst Abraham was happy to drop down the divisions to develop his talent with Bristol, Swansea and Villa, Solanke rejected a number of loan offers from the lower leagues and ended up jumping ship to Liverpool for the money.

Abraham is now the better player, and has scored far more than Solanke.

It's all about the work ethic, and putting the hard yards in...

Back
Top Bottom