Bournemouth into Administration

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

mattbianco1

Forum Royalty
Reaction score
I know a guy who lives on the south coast and he says there's rumours circulating down there that Bournemouth are heading for administration.

I thought they were owned by a Russian Billionaire

Why would they do that?
Next 4 games; Man Utd, Spurs, Leicester, Man City -oh.

There was an article on The Athletic a while back explaining how precarious Bournemouth’s finances are. Something like 80% of their TV income is spent on player wages. Looking bleak for them.

Can't sustain that amount of spending in a tiny stadium like that

Have a billionaire owner don't they can't see it but if that's true about 80% of TV money goes on wages then can't really be suprising

About time the cheating bastards got their comeuppance. Broke every rule going to get through the leagues and got away with it. Made Wednesday look like boy scouts.

Think I saw Harry Redknapp say he wanted to buy a club after the Covid stuff ended. If they go down and into admin, I could see him stepping in there, his old club even if he’s just the front man.

About time the cheating bastards got their comeuppance. Broke every rule going to get through the leagues and got away with it. Made Wednesday look like boy scouts.

Think I saw Harry Redknapp say he wanted to buy a club after the Covid stuff ended. If they go down and into admin, I could see him stepping in there, his old club even if he’s just the front man.
Straight up' arry wouldn't want to be involved in anything like a club going to to admin and taking a points deduction this season because they think they are already relegated and starting with debts wiped out though.

Sharpen your pencil's Bettis, if true, and while in bad taste, we need to look at some asset stripping.

I do have to add, a Premier League club going into Administration is an absolute disgrace, even if it's not surprising given Bournmouth's unique circumstances.

Straight up' arry wouldn't want to be involved in anything like a club going to to admin and taking a points deduction this season because they think they are already relegated and starting with debts wiped out though.
Wouldnt it work the same as Wigan though? Ie; the 12pt deduction only kicks in this season if they finish outside the bottom 3. So if Bournemouth did go into admin and finished bottom 3 anyway, they’d start next season in the Champ on -12?

Either way, they're going down.

Wouldnt it work the same as Wigan though? Ie; the 12pt deduction only kicks in this season if they finish outside the bottom 3. So if Bournemouth did go into admin and finished bottom 3 anyway, they’d start next season in the Champ on -12?

Either way, they're going down.
Yes hopefully you're right.

Ramsdale, Brooks and Smith are players Id take to bolster our squad. That is if their wage demands aren't crazy

What about Callum Wilson? No bladey bladey connection, but still a good goalscorer.
Wage demands and competition will make him incredibly expensive. Would love him but feel like a west ham or Newcastle will throw stupid money to get him. That is unless a super club want to bring him in as a back up player.

well it wouldn't surprise me because the money they've spent wasted over the last few years on players that havent impressed or delivered. just look at mousset he's already played more games in a single season than at any point at bournemouth & scored 1 in 4 at the lane but 1 in 19 at bournemouth. but yes its the same issue at QPR you cant be spending huge wages & £30.7m transfers this year, £137.2m in last 4 yrs have 11,000 crowds. not get into financial issues. eddie howe if hes still there got to be careful because as many teams have proved recently its very easy to drop from premier league to L1 in consective years

Reactions: HVR
I don’t get the fuss about Ramsdale, I’ve not seen anything that makes me think he’s a capable number one at this level.

Will the EFL be after them if they go down for breaking the rules when they got promoted? Same with Villa?
No they settled a couple of years ago ,inky a few million if I remember rightly *edit 4.7 m *

Back
Top Bottom