CONFIRMED Jack Robinson incoming

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Osborn for me is Wilder poorest Premier League signing, taking into context we paid a few million for him. I’m not confident this signing is any better but we have to remember he’s just back up for O’Connell

Osborn has played a handful of times for us and has been solid almost every time. There's no need to write him off as a poor signing yet.

Osborn for me is Wilder poorest Premier League signing, taking into context we paid a few million for him. I’m not confident this signing is any better but we have to remember he’s just back up for O’Connell
Thats the point really. You either buy something thats better than we have now. This set of players have us 7th in the Premier League. At the same time you get players to provide better cover than we have now. If this is the cover for JOC then the question is, is he better than Bryan? Can't see what the fuss is about mesen.

In Wilder I trust is all I have to say on this rumour. Who the feck on this forum had ever heard of Enda, playing in league 2 for pompey having ballsed up his big move to the prem with Villa? Who'd heard of O'connell, ex Blackburn, ex Brentford? Wilder knows a player when he sees one, some work out, some don't. And Collins Morris fingers his cat

stolen from Nottingham Forrest forum (page11). If he signs Roygbiv use this one to silence a few doubters.

Robinson at LB:

P18 W10 D7 L1

Robinson not at LB:

P9 W1 D4 L4

I've got a few quotes. Lots of criticism but also talk of him just being in a bad run of form

I've got a few quotes. Lots of criticism but also talk of him just being in a bad run of form
Lundstram is in a bad run of form whilst discussing a new contract and he played well in a new system earlier in the season. Could it be that our management team see Robinson fitting in to a united system as opposed to a forest one?

Even though CWAK have worked some sort of miracle to lift Utd from the foot of L1 to actually competing for a European spot in 3.5 years and having an outstanding success rate with the players signed, including several that were signed in L1 and are now performing outstandingly well in the Prem, some people still feel they know best and see fit to criticise potential incomings.

If Robinson is deemed his enough by them and Paul Mitchell then he'll do for me.

There’s no direct comparison TBf. The new signings b team are competing in the PL whereas the team pre those signings were competing in LaLega. Just to stand still in improvement against must better competition is a giant leap forwards. I would guess the comparison would be better for Villa.

I have a funny feeling the prince is not impressed with how he spent the summer budget - 40m And not much to show for it.
That’s because 40m for a handful of players at Prem level is peanuts. I think it is obvious by now that CW intends to use this window to fill the squad out a little, the squad is after all very thin in places but fortunately we have so far been very lucky with injuries, that could quickly change though. Hopefully a couple of improvements to the squad in the summer.

There’s no direct comparison TBf. The new signings b team are competing in the PL whereas the team pre those signings were competing in LaLega. Just to stand still in improvement against must better competition is a giant leap forwards. I would guess the comparison would be better for Villa.
The direct comparison is CWAK and co are signing him (it it goes through ) that's it ! not got many wrong have they ?.
If you look deeper into most signings ! Most have a good pedigree but have lost there way one way or another.
We have had a long interest in this player let's just give him a chance.
Ok we would all love to spend big money on players.
It does give you a sense of pride and satisfaction on the way Wider has us moving through the gears on peanuts.

I have a funny feeling the prince is not impressed with how he spent the summer budget - 40m And not much to show for it.
The money weve spent apart from McBurnie and Mousset has been on squad players so i get what you're saying. But to be fair, the lads from last season deserved a chance and have taken it well!

Disagree

He was brought it to compete for a midfield spot and cover for Stevens. And at a push JOC if Stevens has to move to lcb.

we were never going to sign 10 first teamers butnn by it was imperative we improvedthe quality of the squad as a whole.

Cant beleave some of the vitriol aimed at another of Wilders hopefully shrewd buys.Wilder wont tolerate big time Charlie's.
We sure have some as fans ! Get in the real world please ! and support any signings we make.
But impressive how many know so much about so many players from other clubs!

Cant beleave some of the vitriol aimed at another of Wilders hopefully shrewd buys.Wilder wont tolerate big time Charlie's.
We sure have some as fans ! Get in the real world please ! and support any signings we make.

I will 100% support any of CW's signings and if he has seen something in this lad from Forest then fair do's....although lets not forget there's a history of similar signings that have turned out shite....Carruthers, Holmes, Heneghan, Thomas, Evans, Bryan......to name a few!

The problem for a lot of fans is that they feel we should be fishing in a bigger pool now and to a certain extent they are correct, ultimately CW's intolerance of "big time charlies" could eventually come back and kick us in the arse!

I'm all for criticism where it's due. Lee Evans, Ricky Holmes etc. But slagging off Osborne because you think he's shit based on almost zero evidence is just silly. Slagging off Robinson on actual zero evidence is hilarious.

To replace any of our starters with a player so much better than the incumbent would cost £10m+. Where are you finding any value in January? If we can find 2 or 3 who could fill a role for a max of 3 or 4 starts due to injuries would be a brilliant January. If you're expecting more than that you're going to be disappointed.

I will 100% support any of CW's signings and if he has seen something in this lad from Forest then fair do's....although lets not forget there's a history of similar signings that have turned out shite....Carruthers, Holmes, Heneghan, Thomas, Evans, Bryan......to name a few!

The problem for a lot of fans is that they feel we should be fishing in a bigger pool now and to a certain extent they are correct, ultimately CW's intolerance of "big time charlies" could eventually come back and kick us in the arsd
Wilder will never tolerate big time Charlie's.
We will fish in a bigger pool infact we have already ( moose& Mcburnie) .
Just dont understand all this pushing for the club to spend big.Wilder has said numerous times! " he wont jeopardise the clubs future",
How about a bit of patience our rise has been remarkable .

I'm all for criticism where it's due. Lee Evans, Ricky Holmes etc. But slagging off Osborne because you think he's shit based on almost zero evidence is just silly. Slagging off Robinson on actual zero evidence is hilarious.

To replace any of our starters with a player so much better than the incumbent would cost £10m+. Where are you finding any value in January? If we can find 2 or 3 who could fill a role for a max of 3 or 4 starts due to injuries would be a brilliant January. If you're expecting more than that you're going to be disappointed.

I'm not slagging this Jack Robinson chap off, because I'd never heard of him. I went to check him out and was surprised to find he's no spring chicken, at 26, and yet he's had an undistinguished career all these years, being loaned out more times than a rental car. QPR let him go for nowt and he joined Forest in summer 2018 on a 2 year deal. I then checked out what Forest fans are saying about him and their comments are not very complimentary. So, it's a bit of a strange one this one. Maybe we are looking at him as "cover" - and if so, I can understand that, or maybe he's going to be used as part-payment in a deal involving Luke Freeman going the other way? But, it's not a very inspirational signing based on the limited amount of info we have on him. But...Wilder knows what he's doing, in the main!

Osbourn came on early in the second half at Brighton and did well., I've got no problem with him, looks a very solid back up.

No idea what Robinson is like but if we are looking for a left sided back up from the championship Dasilva at Bristol City looked excellent against us last year and made Citys goal at the weekend

Wilder will never tolerate big time Charlie's.
We will fish in a bigger pool infact we have already ( moose& Mcburnie) .
Just dont understand all this pushing for the club to spend big.Wilder has said numerous times! " he wont jeopardise the clubs future",
How about a bit of patience our rise has been remarkable .

Completely agree, however it could be argued he is already tolerating a couple of big-time charlies!

That Sun journalist we all love is running with this one now, which means it's almost definitely maybe possibly should might happen.

Osbourn came on early in the second half at Brighton and did well., I've got no problem with him, looks a very solid back up.

No idea what Robinson is like but if we are looking for a left sided back up from the championship Dasilva at Bristol City looked excellent against us last year and made Citys goal at the weekend
Dasilva is an ex Chelsea England U21 International who was bought in the summer. Out of our price range

My biggest concern all season has been strength in depth, we just don't have it and thank goodness we have been extremely lucky with injuries and suspensions.....(touches a huge piece of wood!)…...on paper does Robinson give us strength in depth.....no.....but then neither does Kean Bryan!

Back
Top Bottom