Carlton Palmer

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I once saw him in the Green Dragon on a Friday night and the next morning he was on Soccer AM, which I struggle to get my head around.

I've no problem with the lad. I think he speaks from the heart and he was a very good footballer as well.

My only experience of him was at a nightclub in Chesterfield in the early 2000’s sometime. I’d have been about 17. Him and Hirst walked to the front of the queue and tried to walk in, said “do you know who I am?”, bouncer said “yes, I’m a Blade now get to the back of the queue”.

He got on the phone to someone and was let in after a couple of minutes but top marks to the bouncer for his actions.

I’ve seen Hurst do that at a club in Barnsley but he is a bit of a cant.

I hate to jump on the hug a pig trend this thread seems to have taken but... I used to drink in a out of the way pub which Carlton sometimes popped into mid week and he always seemed a decent bloke. No billy big balls are owt like that. I was a bit gutted to be honest.

The Rising Sun?

Sure my brother and father had a set too with him at a charity night at my primary school many moons back....
That is all !

i got to know carlton for a couple of years through work and he is a very nice guy.

Remember seeing his first game as a player manager at Stockport when they scraped a win, it was on ITV Digital.

All downhill from there for him after that if memory serves me, and obviously not for him but he behaved honourably I seem to recall and didn't try to string it out and steal a wage as a crap manager like many do.

My mate once screamed so much abuse at him at Hillsborough, in a derby, that he was sweating through his layers including right through his thick coat!

Nothing else of note to add.
😂

I've met him a few times since he was a pig (and a few times when he was one)
Lets just say he is now a lot better man than he was...But aint we all as we grow up?

Remember, cos its true, that Dem Pigs just do not create anything like our Once a Blade, Always a Blade culture that we do so well - I doubt even Meggo the Smeg God gives a fuck about em unless there is £££ in it for him.

Nice one Carlton. I’m all for a bit of banter but how people develop this into hatred is beyond me. He was an excellent player.
He was. I would have loved to have him in our side. One of the few Wendies who actually gave a bit back to the Blades hard fuckers at that time. Nice to hear him speak so highly of Sheffield too. Quite a few players and staff from that early 90s period made their home in Sheffield.

Sheffield is a fantastic place to live and we don't praise it often enough imo.

Personally I think it’s good of him to praise us I’ve seen proper Wednesday fans praise us aswell I suppose it must really hurt to see the team you despise so much in 7th in the best league in the world on the lowest budget defying the odds, he used to play football with me well attempt to 😉 when he eitheg went to see his family on the badger estate or he lived there himself when I was about 7.

I doubt he would claim to be the most gifted footballer but he worked bloody hard and was the engine room in an excellent Wednesday side for many years and got to play for England.

I ran next to him on a treadmill at puregym a few times couple of years back. Could run all day carlton even at 50 odd. Seemed like a nice guy, ridiculous long legs though.

He's a human being before he's owt else , and although I've never met him it seems like many on here have and think he's an ok person. I like that, especially in a world where some people say nasty and vile things about other people without any justification (and playing for Wendy isn't justification). Nice one!

It’s refreshing to get praise especially from a Wednesday man like Carlton but talk to anyone about meeting a footballer or anyone in the public eye and opinions differ at not just coz they play for the team you support take billy for example I’ve met him a few times and even stopped for a pic in medz last year always seemed a great lad but also seen people post on here when they met him he comes across as a bit of a prick unless I’ve met them personally I save judgement.

It’s refreshing to get praise especially from a Wednesday man like Carlton but talk to anyone about meeting a footballer or anyone in the public eye and opinions differ at not just coz they play for the team you support take billy for example I’ve met him a few times and even stopped for a pic in medz last year always seemed a great lad but also seen people post on here when they met him he comes across as a bit of a prick unless I’ve met them personally I save judgement.
Meeting someone isn’t a very good indicator of character. What do you really learn from a five or ten minute chat? That’s why people have conflicting opinions on players they’ve met - because they’re humans and we all have good days and bad days.

Meeting someone isn’t a very good indicator of character. What do you really learn from a five or ten minute chat? That’s why people have conflicting opinions on players they’ve met - because they’re humans and we all have good days and bad days.
I met him as an adult but he also took the time to play football regular so it’s not a few times really

I met him as an adult but he also took the time to play football regular so it’s not a few times really
It was a general comment rather than one specific to you and Carlton (what’s he fucking doing up there, didn’t we tell him to hold the midfield) but may be why some people think he’s a prick - they’ve met him for two minutes when he’s not in a great mood.

One of the very worst players to ever play for England.

And that is a very long list to be near the top of.
Wasn’t that the midfield dream combo of Palmer and Geoff Thomas? I remember a 10-20 yard pass from Thomas that somehow went to the opposite corner flag to where he was looking. There was a David Baddiel sketch on it along the lines of the jfk shooting in terms of trajectories and angles, how is it possible to kick a ball from ‘x’ to ‘y’ when according to physics it’s impossible. Very funny!

He was hilarious on Undr the Cosh. He talked Wilder and United up massively on there as well.

Seems a decent bloke tbh.....the pig

Wasn’t that the midfield dream combo of Palmer and Geoff Thomas? I remember a 10-20 yard pass from Thomas that somehow went to the opposite corner flag to where he was looking. There was a David Baddiel sketch on it along the lines of the jfk shooting in terms of trajectories and angles, how is it possible to kick a ball from ‘x’ to ‘y’ when according to physics it’s impossible. Very funny!

I’d rather be the worst player to play for England than the best player in my back yard.

I listened to him on the Undr the cosh podcast. Comes across as a first rate bellend.

Always used to think he was alright

Back
Top Bottom