Carlton Palmer

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I walked past him a couple of weeks ago in Sainsburys on the dog food aisle I think, although they also sell household goods on there so I can't vouch for what he was buying. ;-)

This couple in their 50/60's approached him and were fawning over him in a quite frankly nauseating way. to be fair to him he was pretty friendly to them but my thinking walking away was a total pain in the arse it must be to be "known".

I met him about 10 years ago at a party. We had a good chat about all things footy and at the time he came across as fairly level headed to me. Every time I hear/see him say anything about United it has always seemed quite reasonable.

Had the pleasure of meeting Carlton Palmer at a charity do once. He was surprisingly down to earth, and VERY funny.
Strange how players personalities change off the field.

I met Gordon Strachan at a charity event many years ago and he seemed like a really good bloke.

He's still a twat though

I hate to jump on the hug a pig trend this thread seems to have taken but... I used to drink in a out of the way pub which Carlton sometimes popped into mid week and he always seemed a decent bloke. No billy big balls are owt like that. I was a bit gutted to be honest.

I quite like knowing that any pig, ex or still playing, acknowledges how better than his team we are.

Let them hear the facts, let the massed ranks of the ignorant's learn the truth via their idol's words. The facts cannot be ignored, neither can the fact that the pigs have a day of reckoning heading their way.....very, very soon.

Once saw him and Keith Curle in the VIP room in Kingdom on a Sunday night. He was in the middle of the dance floor with a cigar and a bottle of Champagne. Dressed to the nines in a full Stockport County tracksuit

I met him about 10 years ago at a party. We had a good chat about all things footy and at the time he came across as fairly level headed to me. Every time I hear/see him say anything about United it has always seemed quite reasonable.

Yep. Similar for me.

My only experience of him was at a nightclub in Chesterfield in the early 2000’s sometime. I’d have been about 17. Him and Hirst walked to the front of the queue and tried to walk in, said “do you know who I am?”, bouncer said “yes, I’m a Blade now get to the back of the queue”.

He got on the phone to someone and was let in after a couple of minutes but top marks to the bouncer for his actions.

I saw him in the boozer on the night he rammed his car ,Lanky streak of piss

I met him whilst having a drink at Dam House in Weston Park (I think he'd just bought the place, though he never bragged about that if it was the case). He saw my son in his United shirt, kicking a ball about and showing off his various skills, then made some joke about banning kids as talented as him, especially in that shirt!. He did however go on to explain to me how as mush as he had enjoyed his career, he felt that he, along with other footballers were subjected to what appears, with hind sight, to be horrendous exploitation. This was regarding him being forced to wear football boots two times smaller than his chosen size, to give him 'more positive ball control'. Apparently this was a common practice in football until more stringent controls regarding player welfare were introduced by the PFA. He actually took his ( very expensive) shoe off to show me the physical distortion that he'd suffered. (Yeah, I know, just imagine how shit he'd have been with the right size boots!!)
Anyway, just wanted to say, what a nice bloke, even offered to buy me a drink.

I walked past him a couple of weeks ago in Sainsburys on the dog food aisle I think, although they also sell household goods on there so I can't vouch for what he was buying. ;-)

I usually head for the pizza counter but if he likes animal food I fully get that given his pedigree.

Back
Top Bottom