Potential Champ targets?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Scooter_mcgavin

Reaction score
We might be fishing in a different pond come Jan/Next season, but there's definitely value to be had in the championship still. Who would you fancy we could take a punt on for first team/squad fillers from the championship?

I'll throw one name out there, Karlan Ahearn-Grant.

We might be fishing in a different pond come Jan/Next season, but there's definitely value to be had in the championship still. Who would you fancy we could take a punt on for first team/squad fillers from the championship?

I'll throw one name out there, Karlan Ahearn-Grant.
I think we’ll always be fishing in this pond. There’s always one or two that can step up (or ten if it’s us). Spurs scout all over the world but still pick up the occasional Alli or Clarke.

Attack -Oli Watkins, Eberechi Eze
Midfield/WB - Matty Cash
Defence - Dael Fry, Joe Rodon

There's a few on here that have been linked - idly or more seriously - and I would imagine that buying top end Championship players is going to be the way forward for us for a while yet given the ridiculous salaries paid to average Premier League players

For those unable or unwilling to click through, the list is:
Jude Bellingham, CM, Birmingham. No threads on here
Jarrod Bowen, winger, Hull. Veteran of three threads on here: one, two and three
Josh Brownhill, CM, Bristol C. One thread
Eberechi Eze, AM, QPR. Two threads: one and two
Nathan Ferguson, RB, West Brom. No threads
Conor Gallagher, CM, Charlton (on loan from Chelsea). No threads
Karlan Grant, ST, Huddersfield. One thread
Kalvin Phillips, CM, Leeds. One thread (dates back to 2015!)
Joe Rodon, DC, Swansea. One thread
Ollie Watkins, FW, Brentford. four threads dating back to his Exeter days: one, two, three and four

Last edited:

May be unpopular with some but Kalvin Phillips would be a great signing - one we’ve supposedly looked at in the past too.

It's popular with me. He would be the one I'd hope be in for. Young and could play in either midfield or the Basham position

Karlan Grant
Ollie Watkins
Paddy McNair
John Swift
Ovie Ejaria (Liverpool)
Josh Dasilva
Jack Marriott
Ryan Woods

May be unpopular with some but Kalvin Phillips would be a great signing - one we’ve supposedly looked at in the past too.

Not unpopular at all. He'd be a fantastic signing but unfortunately the fee would be £30million plus in all likelyhood so probably out of our reach at present. Might be one to revisit in the summer if we stay up and Leeds don't go up.

With the circus that was the Maupay transfer chase, i can't imagine going in for Ollie Watkins, particularly in January, would be much fun either !

It’s tough to say because who would genuinely improve our first 11 right now? Luke Freeman, McBurnie, Robinson were all top Championship players but are sat on our bench.

I think they all have improved us its just theyve improved the players in there place

Fleck and Mcdizzle would not be playing as they are if we didnt have freeman who has looked very very good when given the chance and mcburnie and Robinson who have looked decentish

Back
Top Bottom