Wilder - coach or manager?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bruce Wayne

Reaction score
Abdullah amongst his praise for Wilder kept calling him a very good coach. In today's game a good coach does not sign or manage players, was this a slip of the tongue or something more sinister?

Coach is a U.S. term, not sure what the American term for parking the bus is though.

Soon we will be hearing about Norwood the quarterback.

The often call the Manager the Coach abroad.

Abdullah amongst his praise for Wilder kept calling him a very good coach. In today's game a good coach does not sign or manage players, was this a slip of the tongue or something more sinister?

His English isn't brilliant and he's probably learned English from an American.
Absolutely nothing in it.

I'm sure I've said this before but I have no problem with having a coach (rather than a manager) and a Director of Football (DOF) if the arrangement is that the coach (Wilder) says to the DOF, "Get me these three payers to fit into my system and I can guarantee you Champions League football in two seasons" (OK, bit of wishful thinking there) or whether the DOF comes to Wilder and says," I've bought these three players for a pittance, now make them work in your system." One way is right, the other isn't.

Hopefully a slip of the tongue. Because Wilder said just the week , I’m a manager ! Not a coach! Yikes

Back
Top Bottom