Movement.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alfred N’Diaye. 6”3, Senegalese defensive midfielder as the foreign signing

Danny Welbeck is still available on a free...

I remember working in the VIP bit at Old Trafford when i was at uni a few years back. Sometimes I got to work in the player lounge which was great because you saw players and it was also really easy as you basically just watched a buffet and made sure it was topped up.

One time when i was working there i saw a young Danny Welbeck clutching a great big tupperware box. He shuffled up to the buffet, undid the box lid, picked up a full tray of chicken wings and crammed every single one of those buggers in that box. Loads of my colleagues watched on in disbelief as they witnessed a bloke who makes more in a week than all of the staff in that room do in a year be so tight fisted.

While he was struggling with the lid a bunch of his team mates noticed what was going on and started laughing at him. As they gathered around him making jokes Danny turned around and said with the sternest look on his face "I'm taking the chicken because my mum's going away for a few days tomorrow and she does all my cooking. If I dont take this I wont be able to eat anything". Obviously that just made the laughs even louder and he stormed off, tupperware under his arm and a cloud over his head.

I know it sounds really petty but I have ever since not rated Danny Welbeck as a player and for that reason its a no from me. I just can't trust a man who will have had more pocket change drop behind his sofa than I will ever earn not even be able to make himself some beans on toast when he's home alone.

Last edited:
I remember working in the VIP bit at Old Trafford when i was at uni a few years back. Sometimes I got to work in the player lounge which was great because you saw players and it was also really easy as you basically just watched a buffet and made sure it was topped up.

One time when i was working there i saw a young Danny Welbeck clutching a great big tupperware box. He shuffled up to the buffet, undid the box lid, picked up a full tray of chicken wings and crammed every single one of those buggers in that box. Loads of my colleagues watched on in disbelief as they witnessed a bloke who makes more in a week than all of the staff in that room do in a year be so tight fisted.

While he was struggling with the lid a bunch of his team mates noticed what was going on and started laughing at him. As they gathered around him making jokes Danny turned around and said with the sternest look on his face "I'm taking the chicken because my mum's going away for a few days tomorrow and she does all my cooking. If I dont take this I wont be able to eat anything". Obviously that just made the laughs even louder and he stormed off, tupperware under his arm and a cloud over his head.

I know it sounds really petty but I have ever since not rated Danny Welbeck as a player and for that reason its a no from me. I just can't trust a man who will have had more packet change drop behind his sofa than I will ever earn not even be able to make himself some beans on toast when he's home alone.

Wouldn’t pass the Wilder test. Fleck and Sharp have even pulled pints in The Barrel!!!

Has anyone considered that CW may be releasing news that he is trying to buy Moussett as a negotiating ploy to put pressure on Maupay/Brentford and/or McBurnie/Swansea to accept the offers he has already made. If for example Swansea need the money (as many seem to think they do) and they think that CW is going to buy some one else then they may come round and accept the present offer rather than lose the sale altogether.. The same but perhaps to a lesser extent with Brentford where it appears (according to RC) that the decision is with the player rather than the club.

Has CW also released the news that Bournemouth have accepted our multi-million pound offer for the player? Bet that’s surprised them and they’re ringing all the news rooms denying all knowledge?

No, actually they’re not, are they?

So, no, nobody with any sense at all has considered that proposition.

I know it sounds really petty but I have ever since not rated Danny Welbeck as a player and for that reason its a no from me. I just can't trust a man who will have had more pocket change drop behind his sofa than I will ever earn not even be able to make himself some beans on toast when he's home alone.
It’s the fact that he didn’t consider either asking his mum to cook him some chicken for while he’s away or just getting a delivery that worries me more.

I always thought that (apart from his glass legs) his weakness was his decision making.

Has CW also released the news that Bournemouth have accepted our multi-million pound offer for the player? Bet that’s surprised them and they’re ringing all the news rooms denying all knowledge?

No, actually they’re not, are they?

So, no, nobody with any sense at all has considered that proposition.
Speak for yourself!

Has anyone considered that CW may be releasing news that he is trying to buy Moussett as a negotiating ploy to put pressure on Maupay/Brentford and/or McBurnie/Swansea to accept the offers he has already made. If for example Swansea need the money (as many seem to think they do) and they think that CW is going to buy some one else then they may come round and accept the present offer rather than lose the sale altogether.. The same but perhaps to a lesser extent with Brentford where it appears (according to RC) that the decision is with the player rather than the club.

I’ve considered that.

It’s “make your mind up time”.

The disturbing thing for me is that all the strikers we are linked with lately seem to have a surname beginning with “M”.

Maupay
McBurnie
Mousset

If these don’t come off then we should definitely move on to letter “N” imo.

I’ve considered that.

It’s “make your mind up time”.

The disturbing thing for me is that all the strikers we are linked with lately seem to have a surname beginning with “M”.

Maupay
McBurnie
Mousset

If these don’t come off then we should definitely move on to letter “N” imo.
Nosworthy? Or No pay!

Does anyone else think it's funny we've had far more info on this thread than The Star have had all summer?
Yep. I also I think it’s funny that the Star’s breaking news seems to reflect what’s posted on here 2 days previous.

Richie The Regurgitator is now the main man at The Star for transfer stories....

Surprised they haven't made a cringetastic feature out of Cadette's info called something painfully obvious and unimaginative like "The Inside Scoop"

Probably accompanied by a clipart picture of man in brown mac with a magnifying glass.

Im sure I’ve read that Mousset overall will be less than Robinson overall, so that means twice excluding Mousset.... interesting

McBurnie and Maupay?

giphy.gif

Mousset seems inevitable, I expect us to get Mcburnie now as well, my question is..
When/if they both come off, do we quickly take the Maupay offer off the table or do we keep it out there and just see if we get a late bite?

Cadette seemed to imply that Mousset was instead of Maupay but who knows?

Also, I wonder where that second loan might come from? On a season long maybe that could be the big foreign one that the Prince could be after?

Im sure I’ve read that Mousset overall will be less than Robinson overall, so that means twice excluding Mousset.... interesting

I thought Robinson was £8m and Mousset is £9.5m including add ons? As Robinson’s fee will probably have add ons as well, I’d say the Mousset basic fee will be higher than Robinson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom