CONFIRMED Lys Mousset

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Seen a lot of people saying trust wilder, in wilder we trust about this signing, although his strike rate isn't great I hope he turns out to be a good signing.
On the other hand we're forgetting not all Wilders signings have worked out, Carruthers, Holmes, Evans, Leonard, Wilson, Washington, luckily we didn't spend that much money on that lot.
9.5 million is a lot to be gambling with.

My counter argument to this would be I would imagine it’s highly doubtful you get a better option for that price or lower, not saying they aren’t out there but they may not be, any striker you take around that price is likely either untested or hasn’t exactly pulled trees up or even has dodgy injury history

I think we need to gamble regardless for all the strikers once you get up to prem because we don’t have the money to overpay for proven guys at that level

Any chance of the Brooks deal was staggered payment and we just let em off to sign this lad?
I wondered that too, and also thought that we'll more than likely get the money paid for mousset back in the sell on fee when brooks goes to one of the big clubs.

Well he did get 1 in 2 for Le Harve, so he knows where the net is. Maybe Bournemouth didn't play to his strengths?
Especially when he's sat on the bench ! Bournemouth have got C .Wilson and usually play with one up top so maybe he's going to fulfil his potential here . Utb

Only played 13 games worth of minutes though if that eases your worries.

Serial substitute for Bournemouth, and if you're coming on in the 75th minute for Bournemouth, you're hardly going to be joining an attacking system are you.
Let’s hope we still have a plan to get “marquee” signing still. As much as I love Sharpey and mcGoldy, it’s quite a step up to the Prem, ‘course we got Robinson to prove himself

It's hard to believe that we're talking of £9.5m as a 'bargain'!
How times have changed eh?

I remember back in the day we paid £7,500 or thereabouts for Simon Tracey and later bought Mel Rees for £26,000 and I recall a few saying this Rees lad must be amazing, he's cost over the twice the amount that Trace did!

Those were the days!

Yeah I understand where can't judge his goal return too harshly and all that due to actual minutes and such.However, just nor that enthused to be honest.

And the figure going around is a straight ripoff in my opinion.But we shall see,Wilder does a great job in molding players.

Seen a lot of people saying trust wilder, in wilder we trust about this signing, although his strike rate isn't great I hope he turns out to be a good signing.
On the other hand we're forgetting not all Wilders signings have worked out, Carruthers, Holmes, Evans, Leonard, Wilson, Washington, luckily we didn't spend that much money on that lot.
9.5 million is a lot to be gambling with.

2016/17
Simon Moore - 👍
Ebanks-Landell - 👍
Jack O'Connell - 👍
James Wilson (Oldham)
Jake Wright - 👍
Danny Lafferty - 👍
Chris Hussey
John Fleck - 👍
Samir Carruthers - 👍
Mark Duffy - 👍
Leon Clarke - 👍
James Hanson - 👍
Caolan Lavery

2017/18
Jamal Blackman - 👍
Richard Stearman - 👍
Carter-Vickers - 👍
Enda Stevens - 👍
George Baldock - 👍
Lee Evans - 👍
John Lundstram - 👍
Ryan Leonard - Made us money if nothing else!
Ricky Homes
James Wilson (MUFC)
Clayton Donaldson - 👍
Ched Evans

2018/19
Dean Henderson - 👍
John Egan - 👍
Martin Cranie - 👍
Kean Bryan - remains to be seen
Oliver Norwood - 👍
Marvin Johnson (loan)
Kieran Dowell - 👍
Ben Woodburn (loan)
Scott Hogan - 👍
Gary Madine - 👍
Conor Washington - 👍
David McGoldrick - 👍

2019/20
Phil Jagielka
Luke Freeman
Ravel Morrison
Callum Robinson
*Lys Moussett

Prior to this season, 37 in, of which 27 (or 70% ish) are widely seen as successful appointments. Pretty good strike rate IMO. Deserves all the respect he (the staff) gets - to expect a 100% success rate is, basically, ridiculous.

Yeah I understand where can't judge his goal return too harshly and all that due to actual minutes and such.However, just nor that enthused to be honest.

And the figure going around is a straight ripoff in my opinion.But we shall see,Wilder does a great job in molding players.

I’d say based on wilders transfer track record

If we sign 10 players this summer

2/3 - will probably not make much of an impact ( a hussey or a Holmes or woodburn)

4/5 - will do exactly what is required of them and play at a decent PL standard or fulfill the role the were signed to do ( a Cranie or Clarke or baldock)

3 - will be classed as outstanding signings and become mainstays and increase massively in value. (A JOC or Stephens or Norwood).

That kind of ratio in my mind would enable us to stay up. Hopefully one / two of the attackers we sign fall into the outstanding signing category.

Last edited:
2016/17
Simon Moore - 👍
Ebanks-Landell - 👍
Jack O'Connell - 👍
James Wilson (Oldham)
Jake Wright - 👍
Danny Lafferty - 👍
Chris Hussey
John Fleck - 👍
Samir Carruthers - 👍
Mark Duffy - 👍
Leon Clarke - 👍
James Hanson - 👍
Caolan Lavery

2017/18
Jamal Blackman - 👍
Richard Stearman - 👍
Carter-Vickers - 👍
Enda Stevens - 👍
George Baldock - 👍
Lee Evans - 👍
John Lundstram - 👍
Ricky Homes
James Wilson (MUFC)
Clayton Donaldson - 👍
Ched Evans

2018/19
Dean Henderson - 👍
John Egan - 👍
Martin Cranie - 👍
Oliver Norwood - 👍
Marvin Johnson (loan)
Kieran Dowell - 👍
Ben Woodburn (loan)
Scott Hogan - 👍
Gary Madine - 👍
Conor Washington - 👍
David McGoldrick - 👍

2019/20
Phil Jagielka
Luke Freeman
Ravel Morrison
Callum Robinson
*Lys Moussett

Prior to this season, 37 in, of which 27 (or 70% ish) are widely seen as successful appointments. Pretty good strike rate IMO. Deserves all the respect he (the staff) gets - to expect a 100% success rate is, basically, ridiculous.

Great minds.

I’ve literally done that thought experiment in my head before. I came out at 70% success too.

Any chance of the Brooks deal was staggered payment and we just let em off to sign this lad?
I would hazard a guess that we have negotiated something along those lines and may even have offset some other monies in lieu of the sell on fees for a brooks
As I said earlier, we mortgaged the future installments from the Brooks transfer in August last year. We don't get any advantage from offsetting those against anything we're potentially paying for Mousset.

As I said earlier, we mortgaged the future installments from the Brooks transfer in August last year. We don't get any advantage from offsetting those against anything we're potentially paying for Mousset.

Exactly right - we’d just be paying the bank back instead . But in fairness we have £100m coming in shortly so it shouldn’t be

I hope we haven’t offset against the sell on fee! If he goes it’s going to be for £70m plus in today’s market. 10+% of that is soon going to add up to more than we’d be wanting to pay

2016/17
Simon Moore - 👍
Ebanks-Landell - 👍
Jack O'Connell - 👍
James Wilson (Oldham)
Jake Wright - 👍
Danny Lafferty - 👍
Chris Hussey
John Fleck - 👍
Samir Carruthers - 👍
Mark Duffy - 👍
Leon Clarke - 👍
James Hanson - 👍
Caolan Lavery

2017/18
Jamal Blackman - 👍
Richard Stearman - 👍
Carter-Vickers - 👍
Enda Stevens - 👍
George Baldock - 👍
Lee Evans - 👍
John Lundstram - 👍
Ricky Homes
James Wilson (MUFC)
Clayton Donaldson - 👍
Ched Evans

2018/19
Dean Henderson - 👍
John Egan - 👍
Martin Cranie - 👍
Oliver Norwood - 👍
Marvin Johnson (loan)
Kieran Dowell - 👍
Ben Woodburn (loan)
Scott Hogan - 👍
Gary Madine - 👍
Conor Washington - 👍
David McGoldrick - 👍

2019/20
Phil Jagielka
Luke Freeman
Ravel Morrison
Callum Robinson
*Lys Moussett

Generous with some of your thumbs up there...

Back
Top Bottom