History in the making.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Woodwardfan

Woodwardfan
Reaction score
These coming games create history.of the club and each of us fans.

Whatever your personal age, you will be casting a thought, talking about these unfolding events time and again, re-living the script as it unfolded; whether for the better or the worse, you'll remember it all. It installs itself in your psyche, it lodges in your memory and the memories of your friends and family, it lodges in your Blades Soul. Even Wednesdayites will store our events in their own personal memory banks, it's serious stuff is this, it matters to them as well as us.

My etched memories go right back to the cup run of 1958. I can re-run the incidents in my mind 60 years later and so will you about certain major moments of some of the coming games, that Millwall equaliser being one of them. Maybe a Wigan last minute winner will lodge in there today!

Drink it in, enjoy being in the fight. You'll be boring your grandkids with incidents like the Jags handball, the Webber miss, the Hopkin winner, the Doc Pace 'handball', the Pointer header, the Simonson penalty. Experiences like those will happen very soon, drink them in, absorb them all and don't leave anything in the stand. Do your bit, back the managerand show him you want him here next season, come what may Show the players they are special for creating us that little bit more history, etching it in our souls for evermore.

Thank you Chris. You and Alan have given me a bit more history and there were times I thought it would never happen.

tenor.gif

Whatever your personal age, you will be casting a thought, talking about these unfolding events time and again, re-living the script as it unfolded; whether for the better or the worse, you'll remember it all. It installs itself in your psyche, it lodges in your memory and the memories of your friends and family, it lodges in your Blades Soul. Even Wednesdayites will store our events in their own personal memory banks, it's serious stuff is this, it

matters to them as well as us.

My etched memories go right back to the cup run of 1958. I can re-run the incidents in my mind 60 years later and so will you about certain major

moments of some of the coming games, that Millwall equaliser being one of them. Maybe a Wigan last minute winner will lodge in there today!

Drink it in, enjoy being in the fight. You'll be boring your grandkids with incidents like the Jags handball, the Webber miss, the Hopkin winner, the Doc
Pace 'handball', the Pointer header, the Simonson penalty. Experiences like those will happen very soon, drink them in, absorb them all and don't leave anything in the stand. Do your bit, back the managerand show him you want him here next season, come what may Show the players they are special for creating us that little bit more history, etching it in our souls for evermore.

Thank you Chris. You and Alan have given me a bit more history and there were times I thought it would never happen.
You forgot Don Givens.

Whatever your personal age, you will be casting a thought, talking about these unfolding events time and again, re-living the script as it unfolded; whether for the better or the worse, you'll remember it all. It installs itself in your psyche, it lodges in your memory and the memories of your friends and family, it lodges in your Blades Soul. Even Wednesdayites will store our events in their own personal memory banks, it's serious stuff is this, it matters to them as well as us.

My etched memories go right back to the cup run of 1958. I can re-run the incidents in my mind 60 years later and so will you about certain major moments of some of the coming games, that Millwall equaliser being one of them. Maybe a Wigan last minute winner will lodge in there today!

Drink it in, enjoy being in the fight. You'll be boring your grandkids with incidents like the Jags handball, the Webber miss, the Hopkin winner, the Doc Pace 'handball', the Pointer header, the Simonson penalty. Experiences like those will happen very soon, drink them in, absorb them all and don't leave anything in the stand. Do your bit, back the managerand show him you want him here next season, come what may Show the players they are special for creating us that little bit more history, etching it in our souls for evermore.

What you doing at half time? Might be a job for you in the dressing room

My campaign has been against a handful of destructive members whose existence on here seems to be to de-rail any proper debate and discourage members who don't fit their profiles.

I tried and failed to deter them. Quality posters will continue to be be driven away from this excellent forum.

This awful thread is my last. I will miss Deadbat and the Predictions League and a small number of other members, best wishes to them all.

I took the sharks too seriously but it is a shame that really good threads can be sabotaged by a little group of morons.

Foxy please close my account.

Well it looks like we have our very own resurrection and it's not even Easter yet ;)

Pure. Theatre.

If the dream must end today; we may as well properly melt the forum down. :)

Top tune from a top album.
I’d like a ticket please
Where to Sir?
Well, how does saying go, ‘All roads lead to Rome’ - how does the other one go - ‘Better make this one a single’

As I suggested, drink it in and enjoy the feeling. As a Blade you will not experience it more than 3/4 times in your entire life

Unless we give Sir Chris a 10 year contract NOW AT LAST.
I can empathise with you as we obviously grew up in the same era,i clearly remember walking to Bramall Lane down Abbeydale Road as a 9 year old in the late 50's.A 'shiny' shilling got you into the game and a programme for posterity and the chance to experience the magic of Sheffield United,it really was a thrilling time.However,children now have many different sorts of entertainment,we didn't have a car or a telly,so watching football was a magical experience.I share your thoughts,successful seasons are very rare,if we do get promoted this season it will be just as marvellous as it was as a starry eyed kid in the 50's.If we don't,i'll never turn my back on United,they are such a big part of my life and there is always next season !!

The last time we clinched promotion at the lane was in 71 what day that was I remember Scullion smashing a shot against the crossbar at the kop end and we all crapped ourselves before running out 3-0 winners. Unitedites on the march to to Pond st as you did in those days were throwing themselves like lemmings into the fountain across from the Howard hotel. That night out on the town hardly a pig to be seen anywhere, having said that most blades were struggling to see the end of their arms. I only hope we beat Ipswich, to clinch promotion at the lane is magical Darlington, Leicester, Cardiff, Northampton etc all great days but don't compare to doing it at the lane.

Back
Top Bottom