Baldock Update

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I’d play coutts right wing back he’s played right midd a lot of his career and doesn’t exactly shy away from a tackle

Wilder said that he has a fully fit squad barring JOC and Baldock.

He often leaves players out from comments like that when they've been out for a while. The fact that Freeman has only just recently been selected for the reserves makes me think that something has been keeping him out.

A fit Freeman of anytime during the last few years before his last five or so appearances is a very good player at this level, and more or less as good as Baldock.

Freeman of the last five or so games is a liability.

He’s been shit the last 5 games, he hasn’t played but he’s been shit anyway.

I’d play coutts right wing back he’s played right midd a lot of his career and doesn’t exactly shy away from a tackle

If he can’t adapt to being slightly further forward/right of a midfield 3 rather than the deeper middle role, how do you expect he could adapt to an even more substantially different role as RWB?

Little-kids-Over-Reaction.gif

I’ve reacted similarly to putts of that distance...

If Freeman is physically fit, then he is almost certain to be very nearly match fit.

We are constantly told that the squad train as hard as they play.

Reading at HOME is the best game that Freeman can come back into.

Baldock has been brilliant since he came back in - he's stepped up his game as he knows how good Freeman can be.

IF Freeman steps up HIS game, knowing how good Baldock has been then it can only benefit the team.

UTB

He is. It’s one of many S2 fans’ fallacies that Couttsy isn’t mobile. You’ll also hear he lacks pace. He’s far quicker over the vital ten yards than, for example, Fleck.

I assume he just doesn't show it then.

I assume he just doesn't show it then.

He does. You just need to pay more attention to what’s happening. You haven’t seen how Couttsy accelerates away from his opponent and how Fleck has little or no change of pace at all?

He does. You just need to pay more attention to what’s happening. You haven’t seen how Couttsy accelerates away from his opponent and how Fleck has little or no change of pace at all?

I never mentioned Fleck. I'm talking about Coutts.

He isn't and hasn't ever been as mobile as Freeman. Freeman plays the full length of the pitch and is able to get up and down for a full 90 minutes. Coutts has never done that, in fact he very rarely makes it into the opposition box, even when the situation is called for. He plays within the middle 3rd of the pitch, he does it well, but you don't have to be as mobile to do that.

In regards to the comparison between Coutts and Fleck, there's only one of them who I ever see running forward with the ball and bursting into space, and unfortunately it isn't Coutts.

I never mentioned Fleck. I'm talking about Coutts.

He isn't and hasn't ever been as mobile as Freeman. Freeman plays the full length of the pitch and is able to get up and down for a full 90 minutes. Coutts has never done that, in fact he very rarely makes it into the opposition box, even when the situation is called for. He plays within the middle 3rd of the pitch, he does it well, but you don't have to be as mobile to do that.

In regards to the comparison between Coutts and Fleck, there's only one of them who I ever see running forward with the ball and bursting into space, and unfortunately it isn't Coutts.
Freeman get up and down the pitch for a full 90? That's not correct. Freeman gets extremely laboured very quickly, and struggles to get back to defend - when he does he often makes very tired mistakes.

He is. It’s one of many S2 fans’ fallacies that Couttsy isn’t mobile. You’ll also hear he lacks pace. He’s far quicker over the vital ten yards than, for example, Fleck.

As much as I love Couttsy, he hasn't shown his ability to accelerate away from his opponent recently.

Don't let that stop you having a pop at Fleck though mate. :rolleyes:

Freeman get up and down the pitch for a full 90? That's not correct. Freeman gets extremely laboured very quickly, and struggles to get back to defend - when he does he often makes very tired mistakes.

Ok, may be he doesn't keep the intensity up for the full 90 but "extremely laboured very quickly" is also very wide of the mark. He makes mistakes like all most defenders, including Baldock although he's not made many recently as he's really stepped things up.

Not that worried. Freeman is equal to Baldock when he's on his game, as i think many have said in the past.
I've been saying all season we need to sign a better RWB for next season. This isn't criticism of either Baldock or Freeman I just think that neither push each other for a place. I think they're about level par with each other.

I wouldn’t bother asking Freeman to even turn up. Move Cranie out to RWB, he deserves a run in the team.

Cranie will get the nod and do just fine.

He's a good solid championship player. Nothing to worry about if we need him.

Back
Top Bottom