LYDON / bomber_command - RIP

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hello.
May I thank you all for the kind words that have been written about Johnny.
It took us all by surprise, his passing wasn't expected, the rest of our family are still in a bewildered shock.
From myself and them to you all who had the kindness to relay your thoughts, they were read out (to great hilarity) at his wake.
From what I did know about his time spent on here, you all made him laugh, smile and at times shake his head in disbelief.
That was Johnny.
Love and Peace to you all.
Colleen O'Donohue.
Jimmy, Kevin, Francis, Patrick
Mary, Iona and Cairdeas..

Commiserations to you Colleen family and friends. Some good old Irish names among that lot.
RIP Johnny

Que son âme repose en paix, may his soul rest in’peace

Hello.
May I thank you all for the kind words that have been written about Johnny.
It took us all by surprise, his passing wasn't expected, the rest of our family are still in a bewildered shock.
From myself and them to you all who had the kindness to relay your thoughts, they were read out (to great hilarity) at his wake.
From what I did know about his time spent on here, you all made him laugh, smile and at times shake his head in disbelief.
That was Johnny.
Love and Peace to you all.
Colleen O'Donohue.
Jimmy, Kevin, Francis, Patrick
Mary, Iona and Cairdeas..

Yer were lucky buggers knowing him in peson, he only touched me on line and that was a pleasure.

Love to you all.

x

I'm incredibly saddened to learn of this, I think I totally missed this post at the time.

I saw S5_Blade 's comment to Roygbiv 's thread on Woodbury signing: "Roygbiv, ta" and it made me think, where has LYDON got to?

Deeply, deeply saddening. A refreshingly honest/sarcastic/hilarious poster all in one and he will be sorely missed.

RIP Blade, Wilder's got us going for it this year mate.

It's been a while since we looked in on here, but lately we've struggled with the loss and especially at the current time of year, it's a huge hole in our lives that's never going to be filled.

Our Ma is struggling for comfort and we are looking at every avenue in which to add a smile to her face. Reading again this forum has already made me smile, just thinking about our Da's humour and the laughs and enjoyment he seemed to have given to the many Unitedites, we'd just like to wish you all a Happy Christmas and for those feeling alone, look around this forum and know that you are amongst friends.

Kevin O'Donohue

It's been a while since we looked in on here, but lately we've struggled with the loss and especially at the current time of year, it's a huge hole in our lives that's never going to be filled.

Our Ma is struggling for comfort and we are looking at every avenue in which to add a smile to her face. Reading again this forum has already made me smile, just thinking about our Da's humour and the laughs and enjoyment he seemed to have given to the many Unitedites, we'd just like to wish you all a Happy Christmas and for those feeling alone, look around this forum and know that you are amongst friends.

Kevin O'Donohue

Keep going, you all. Just put your heads down and see it through ‘til January. Still missed on here, and always will be.

Sending a big collective hug to Norah and the Lydonettes.

Kevin O'Donohue

Quite ironic that you've surfaced again on the night of Sports Personality of the Year, he would have walked it based on personality.

All the best for the future to your family, please know that we think of him and miss his wit.

Happy New Year, all the best.

Weird this internet thingy , I am of the elder years and remember actually going out and meeting mates in pubs / clubs , now on line you talk to people on line but never meet them in person , yet when they disappear for some reason you wonder why and some times miss them even though you never met them . I came over here from Blades mad and Bomber was a member I do remember and miss his sense of humour. Its a crap time of year if you have lost someone ( believe me I do know ! ) .
Try and remember the good times ,unfortunately death is a part of life , all the best to you and anyone who has lost a loved one .

RIP Lydon, didn't know you personally but your posts on here and BM were always worth reading...condolences to family and friends..hope your supping in that great blades bar..

The always say the only certainties in life are paying tax and death. But we can add being sad at the loss of a fellow blade. Someone who's suffered our struggle to watch us through our whole life with very few rewards. But it's love that makes us do it . And because it is love we mourn the passing of any member of the blades family who pass . And if there is a heaven I hope they can get I follow so he can be happy

Blade for life and beyond

Cheers Lydon

Kevin O'Donohue

This time of year must be very difficult for you, I can very much relate to that. I'm afraid I'm not very religious, but I'd like to offer my regards and best wishes. LYDON was part of the furniture on here, and is very much missed.

I used to love how there’d be a heated dispute between 2 posters
And then Lydon would interject with a witty light hearted comment diffusing the anger making the whole arguement seem silly and trivial. His humour was almost Monty Pythonesque as times, really funny guy....one of the best ever posters on this site.

Kevin O'Donohue

Chuff, I miss the old reprobate. The humour, the wit, the pig-downs, the music chats and the cutting yet gentle put downs.

I hope you and all his nearest and dearest can find some comfort at this time. Know this, he was valued and appreciated on here and like me many will miss him.

I'm pretty sure no poster has made such an impact on us all in such a short time on here.
Oh and what a Leveller.
As members we reflect on this loss for a time, are saddened but then are able to leave it. Family and friends cannot do that so easily even after some time. If the fact that he was LOVED so much by us all offers his closest a small comfort, that shows how special LYDON was.
Thank you again and RIP.

I'm pretty sure no poster has made such an impact on us all in such a short time on here.
Oh and what a Leveller.
As members we reflect on this loss for a time, are saddened but then are able to leave it. Family and friends cannot do that so easily even after some time. If the fact that he was LOVED so much by us all offers his closest a small comfort, that shows how special LYDON was.
Thank you again and RIP.

^^This

LYDON was a favourite of mine, often shared a joke with him. Gone but not forgotten

The ending of a year, how many of us have been affected by the loss of someone close?

How many of us would trade everything for a moment with those who have left us?

What if the silence let you dream?
What if the air could let you breathe?
What if the words would bring you here?
What if this sound could bring you peace?

Peace, Love & Harmony to you all in the coming year

X

Back
Top Bottom