Truly believe this is as far as we can go with our owners.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

knowsnowt

Get to fuck!
Reaction score
Not a dig at McCabe btw, blokes worth about 90m so just doesn't have the funds to take us further, and obviously wants out anyway. Less said about the waste of space Saudi the better.
Genuinely believe Wilder won't be around much longer either so that's about the height of it imo.
Tbf we're a lot better off than we were a couple of years back so hey ho. :/

10 pages....bog roll prince....fucking Kev .....skint......court......non investment............................

Its really obvious this is as good as it gets with the current owners, whichever one wins the court case. We are in a superb position to be taken over and to push on but unfortunately we have two owners who are going to waste an opportunity for themselves and us. If we happen to get relegated next season they will both be fighting to give the club away to each other!

It might be frustrating at the moment but enjoy this team and manager because it's unlikely it will get any better in the next few seasons.

Its really obvious this is as good as it gets with the current owners, whichever one wins the court case. We are in a superb position to be taken over and to push on but unfortunately we have two owners who are going to waste an opportunity for themselves and us. If we happen to get relegated next season they will both be fighting to give the club away to each other!

It might be frustrating at the moment but enjoy this team and manager because it's unlikely it will get any better in the next few seasons.

This, sadly.

I am getting increasingly worried about the board because it clear that you give wilder anywhere near budget of rivals we are competing against & we've can get promotion & the hundreds of millions in riches. That might solve the court problems (hopefully) But the board are expecting miracles on no money. January is massive, wilder needs a budget for once. As hes 1 of the best managers we had in our history & he having to do the job with both hands tied behind his back

Best post in a while. Take a bow.

I am getting increasingly worried about the board because it clear that you give wilder anywhere near budget of rivals we are competing against & we've can get promotion & the hundreds of millions in riches. That might solve the court problems (hopefully) But the board are expecting miracles on no money. January is massive, wilder needs a budget for once. As hes 1 of the best managers we had in our history & he having to do the job with both hands tied behind his back

Like all those before him then. Think Bassett and to a lesser extent Warnock. It’s always us on the cheap.

The board have always held United back no matter who has been at the helm. I can't think of a club our size who have been consistently so unambitious for the entirety of their existence.

"As good as it gets"
This should be the club motto

"Stand and watch whilst everyone around you succeeds because we're the tightest club pro rata in world football" doesnt have the same ring to it

It’s not just new owners we need, it’s very very rich new owners. It’s that simple.

Don't get much richer than the house of Saud. Maybe should back the Prince?

Estimates of Saudi royal family net worth is over $1.4 trillion. The sharing of Saudi royal family wealth has been a critical component in maintaining the semblance of a united front within the royal family. An essential part of family wealth is the Kingdom in its physical entirety, which the Al Saud view as a totally owned family asset

It's painful but I wouldn't be hugely shocked if in April 2021, Paul Warne is bravely trying to keep his Sheffield United team in the Champ while Chris Wilder leads his Stoke squad to promotion

Yup

It's painful but I wouldn't be hugely shocked if in April 2021, Paul Warne is bravely trying to keep his Sheffield United team in the Champ while Chris Wilder leads his Stoke squad to promotion

I don't think anybody would be. We should be excited that we are getting closer to becoming a top Championship side and using this season as a building block for a proper push next term

As it is we will likely have to sell a player to balance the books next season and just hope that our manager stays and pulls enough rabbits out of the hat to keep us competitive.

This season is going well and missing out on the top 6 is no failure. Its just that the club is in such turmoil upstairs that if feels like the last chance saloon for us with Wilder.

Fully agree.

I don't think anybody would be. We should be excited that we are getting closer to becoming a top Championship side and using this season as a building block for a proper push next term

As it is we will likely have to sell a player to balance the books next season and just hope that our manager stays and pulls enough rabbits out of the hat to keep us competitive.

This season is going well and missing out on the top 6 is no failure. Its just that the club is in such turmoil upstairs that if feels like the last chance saloon for us with Wilder.
That Leeds team from a couple of weeks ago is full of young players. Regardless of if Bielsa goes off the deep end they'll have their time, lots of ability. It just feels like this is our last chance. We've hit on Egan, Norwood and McG. That's a great summer of business (Forget Brooks, it seems keeping him was never an option). Duffy, Sharp, Clarke, Basham, Stearman, McG - there's a fair chance they decline from here. How in the hell do we replace that?

We talk about 3 loans in Jan but we'll get outbid for our first 4 or 5 choices, even in that market.

If the board could find £5m for CW to attempt to bring in 2 starters (CM and CF) I genuinely think we'd have a better than 50/50 chance of top 6. As it stands we'll have to keep everything crossed that our best players stay fit to even stand a slim chance of getting there (We are due some bad luck against the worst teams. Preston, Millwall, Hull and even Wigan were close wins).

To summarise( :)) - what a waste it will be if we are unable to even attempt a real promotion bid. And if we do fall short, I think we'll look back at Villa as the high point of this season and Hillsboro as the high point under Wilder

That Leeds team from a couple of weeks ago is full of young players. Regardless of if Bielsa goes off the deep end they'll have their time, lots of ability. It just feels like this is our last chance. We've hit on Egan, Norwood and McG. That's a great summer of business (Forget Brooks, it seems keeping him was never an option). Duffy, Sharp, Clarke, Basham, Stearman, McG - there's a fair chance they decline from here. How in the hell do we replace that?

We talk about 3 loans in Jan but we'll get outbid for our first 4 or 5 choices, even in that market.

If the board could find £5m for CW to attempt to bring in 2 starters (CM and CF) I genuinely think we'd have a better than 50/50 chance of top 6. As it stands we'll have to keep everything crossed that our best players stay fit to even stand a slim chance of getting there (We are due some bad luck against the worst teams. Preston, Millwall, Hull and even Wigan were close wins).

To summarise( :)) - what a waste it will be if we are unable to even attempt a real promotion bid. And if we do fall short, I think we'll look back at Villa as the high point of this season and Hillsboro as the high point under Wilder

Totally agree. I think we have hit "peak Wilder" through no fault of his own. Somebody said elsewhere that we are on top of the rollercoaster and that is a perfect analogy. This is as good as it can get under our owners. The realistic aim next season will be to make sure we aren't sucked into a relegation fight when it should be the season we truly give it a proper go at promotion.

People talk money which is naturally obvious but I also believe we need a little more than that.

I have full respect for KM, his input and intentions, but his overall contribution in terms of on pitch achievements won't be remotely celebratory in decades to Come.

The one time we splashed the cash, he fucked up totally.

Football is about nouse and knowing who to trust. As we've seen here and at other clubs it's easy to blow the lot and fail, but equally we've yo yoed so much at times it's clear panic has set in easily and we've not trusted the choices from a short time earlier.

I’ll happily slag the owners off. If you can’t afford to sustain a decent amount of investment for a football club the size of Sheffield United then put the club up for sale and get rid to somebody who can. I know it’s not that simple, but the fact is with them at the helm we will never get to the Premier League. I’ll give McCabe credit for putting the club in a better financial position than when he arrived. But the last 10 years have been turgid for the most part, until one of the best managers we’ve ever had showed up and saved us from scrapping against League 1 relegation. Now I reckon we’re on the brink of seeing that manager losing interest.

What's the way ahead then, feller?

pommpey

Ideally for me it'd be that we keep Wilder and with a modest bit of genius investment on his part in the JTW, plus bit of luck due our way in the playoffs, we scrape our way up to the PL and then see what happens.

We're a fuck sight better off than that lot over in S6 in every way though at the moment aren't we pal?

Yes we are, but I don't care what they do and it's no consolation as far as I'm concerned
I agree with many that we've gone as far as our "boardroom" can take us.
And assuming that we've reached the heights we can realistically expect with our boardroom in charge, it only leaves one way to go

Ideally for me it'd be that we keep Wilder and with a modest bit of genius investment on his part in the JTW, plus bit of luck due our way in the playoffs, we scrape our way up to the PL and then see what happens.

Feller, you know exactly how the JTW will pan out.

pommpey

Back
Top Bottom