Outgoing? Jack O'Connell

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I doubt Wilder would play a right footer (Egan) at left centre back. If O'Connell was sold he'd surely be looking for another left footer.

Playing LCB when being right-footed doesn't seem to have impacted a certain ex-Blade's progress in the Prem and England squad :)

However, I take your point especially with CW stating a preference for balance.

£6m? Ha! Put a 1 infront of that 6 and maybe we should talk about it. By talk about it I mean tell them how magic he is and that he is absolutely not for sale :D

You don't just replace O'Connell. The balance he gives to our team, similar to Fleck by being a left footer, is vital to how we play. Without those 2 the formation would fall apart.

For how valuable they are to the team - we are looking at more than what Bournemouth paid for Brooks or no sale. Simple as.
Pay it or fuck off.

True, but I don't recall Harry going down the left wing and putting left-foot crosses in...

Fair point but I don't think many natural LCBs would be able to do that either.

It would be a strange move for JOC if he did push for it - certainly no guarantee of playing (behind Dunk and Duffy), playing in a back 4 (where's he was previously caught out for pace & positioning) even at Champ level and a move away from his Mrs. Like Moore's supposed move to WBA, it would have to be for the $$$ in the main.

"Sheffield United will resist any Albion attempt to snap up a prized asset – despite splashing out on a new centre-back.

The Seagulls are interested in Blades defender Jack O’Connell, who is rated at around £6 million.

O’Connell is likely to be one of a handful of defenders, including Liam Moore at Reading, being eyed by Albion as they bid to complete their Premier League squad

Chris Hughton is keen to add a fourth centre-back to compete with Shane Duffy, Lewis Dunk and Leon Balogun.

United yesterday spent a club record £4 million on Brentford centre-back John Egan.

But he is being seen at Bramall Lane as a partner for O’Connell rather than a replacement.

Albion have brought in goalkeeper David Button and midfielder Yves Bissouma this week, leaving a centre-back and possibly a striker as priorities.

O’Connell, 24, is regarded as an excellent all-round central defender who can play on either side and comfortably bring the ball out of defence.

He helped Blades to promotion from League One two seasons ago and was ever-present in the Championship last term.

Boss Chris Wilder is in no rush to see him go."

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/163...ght-to-land-blades-centre-back-jack-oconnell/

Think it’ll be Stearman Egan JOC
but still gives a good back line with competition from Basham Wright and Leonard.

Think it’ll be Stearman Egan JOC
but still gives a good back line with competition from Basham Wright and Leonard.

Doubt it. Or should I say fucking hope not. I've been trying to visualise Stearman tearing down the wing doing the overlapping CB bit for the last half hour.

Doubt it. Or should I say fucking hope not. I've been trying to visualise Stearman tearing down the wing doing the overlapping CB bit for the last half hour.
Agreed and that's why I think it will be Stearman that plays second fiddle to Egan.

Bash or Leonard for RCB - no competition for LWB :)

Ideally we need to keep all of the players involved as much as possible and that means a rotation system of some sort. By having like for like players in all positions will prevent the 'new year to end of season burn out' that I think we have suffered - due to how we play the game.

Reckon we'll get more of an idea where Wilder will play Egan if/when he plays Satdeh/Tuesdeh

Agreed and that's why I think it will be Stearman that plays second fiddle to Egan.

Bash or Leonard for RCB - no competition for LWB :)

Ideally we need to keep all of the players involved as much as possible and that means a rotation system of some sort. By having like for like players in all positions will prevent the 'new year to end of season burn out' that I think we have suffered - due to how we play the game.

If we went 442, surely it's still likely to be Stearman missing out?

3 at the back

JOC - Egan / Stearman - Bash / Leonard

Stevens - JOC - Egan / Stearman - Baldock / Freeman

I don't think Stearman or Egan fit the Right sided CB role in the 3 at the back system as they won't get forward like Bash.

I think it will be one or the other out of those two depending on who is inform / available.

He might try Egan and Stearman in the same back three but I think it would unbalance our attack. Unless Eagan is better on the ball than we are lead to believe.

Leonard's physically perfect for RCB. He could develop really well there.

Thing is, when Basham's available I can't see him not starting. And he never gets injured.

Lenny might be destined to spend next season on the bench.

I’d be surprised if he left to benchwarm. But it’s the instant millionaire factor that can turn a head.

This mornings rag saying CW to offer improved contract to JOC to stave off interest from Burnley, Brighton and Huddersfield

Alan Nixon has tweeted this morning stating that we’ve offered him a new deal...

Back
Top Bottom