Gone Elsewhere Martin Waghorn

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reported today in the Daily Star that we've put in a bid of £5m.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/f...aghorn-Ipswich-Sheffield-United-transfer-news

Sheffield United make record £5m bid for player at Championship rivals - EXCLUSIVE
SHEFFIELD UNITED have bid a club record £5m for Ipswich striker Martyn Waghorn.

The offer is the latest of several the Blades have made for their Championship rivals’ prize asset.

They have money to spend after picking up £12m for the sale of Wales midfielder David Brooks to Bournemouth earlier this month.

Waghorn, 28, scored 16 goals and provided 11 assists during a highly impressive debut campaign for Ipswich.

He moved to to Portman Road for just £250,000 from Rangers and the Suffolk outfit have shown in the past they are a selling side.

Ipswich manager Paul Hurst hinted Waghorn could be on his way earlier this week.

“I’m not going to say right now that ‘he’s not going anywhere’ but it will take a helluva lot of money and I don’t know if anyone is going to be willing to do that,” he said.

AFter the alleged fekkin around over the other striker targets, I'd be extremely surprised if we've bidded 5m on him.

Rangers mate I know says he was absolutely horriffic for them.

Last season he started on fire, but goals dried up significantly in the second half of the season.

Fortunately, the 5 million figure comes from the Daily Star which means it's definitely not true.

Awful signing (if true)!!!

Why don't we just shead out an extra 1/1.5mil and get Marriott

1. A lot younger
2. More prolific
3. Could potentially make a profit on

Makes no sense to me, cannot get my head round it at all

Fortunately, the 5 million figure comes from the Daily Star which means it's definitely not true.

Scroll down the writer's recent articles and Brooks off to Bournemouth was one of his. So you never know, unlikely but can't altogether rule it out.

Marriot
Hogan
Gallagher
Mcgoldrick
Winnall
Bradshaw
Then Waghorn.
In THAT order.

Awful signing (if true)!!!

Why don't we just shead out an extra 1/1.5mil and get Marriott

1. A lot younger
2. More prolific
3. Could potentially make a profit on

Makes no sense to me, cannot get my head round it at all

4. Unproven at this level.

£5million seems a lot higher than I thought we'd be willing to spend on one player. But £6.5m for a player you have no guarantees will make the step up comfortably is more of a gamble.

Good player. I’d take him for about £2m or less. Wouldn’t go as high as £5m, we’d be better off pushing the boat out and spending £6.5m on Marriott in that situation.

Well at least if he signs Bash has a someone who can understand him!

It's The Daily Star.

If we have even made a bid, it won't be anywhere near £5m. Maybe £2.5m / £3m rising to 4 at most

Back
Top Bottom