Outgoing? Jack O'Connell

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

This doesn't really say "off to Brighton" though does it?

Brighton launch £6m O'Connell bid

Brighton are launching a £6million raid on Sheffield United for Jack O’Connell.
The defender has helped United establish themselves back in the Championship after starring in their League One promotion campaign.
Now Albion boss Chris Hughton wants to add O’Connell,24, to his squad in the Premier League.

Wrong. The article does not state this; read it properly

It literally states:

The defender has helped United establish themselves back in the Championship after starring in their League One promotion campaign.
Now Albion boss Chris Hughton wants to add O’Connell,24, to his squad in the Premier League.

21:35 on https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/transfer-news-live-arsenal-liverpool-12908309

Bid away, Wilder sees JOC in a lot different light to want he did Brooks.
Brooks was exciting and unproven. JOC is the best centre half in the league, a leader and proven. listen when and how Wilder uses his name in interviews, he wants to build his whole team around the kid.

It literally states:

21:35 on https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/transfer-news-live-arsenal-liverpool-12908309

So he's not off, which the post states. This is just a report of a bid, not a mention that he's off

We all know it’s got to be £16million + not £6.

Reading are turning down bids and signing McNulty from League two. We are showing financially we are in a very strong position being able to prise away brentfords captain.

We all know it’s got to be £16million + not £6.

Reading are turning down bids and signing McNulty from League two. We are showing financially we are in a very strong position being able to prise away brentfords captain.

Hardly "prising away". Following the emergence of Mepham, Brentford's first choice pairing next season will be him and Bjelland (never tire of that name!) with their new signing Konsa as backup. Cashing in on Egan makes sense for them, same as cashing in on Brooks made sense for us.

Lazy journalism.....the JOC to Brighton story was doing the rounds a few weeks ago....news breaks of us being close to signing Egan and some journo puts 2 and 2 together and thinks that Egan must be JOCS replacement......

....having said that though, it would be the Blades way!

James Nursery Jurno for the Mirror reporting he is off to Brighton 6m

Just been told the same this morning by the guy who told me about Brooks. Other snippets:

Hogan a no no as he's on 40k p/w

Moore probably off as WBA offering to double wages.

Football is truly broken, we just can't compete with the sums currently being sloshed about.

Not saying the rumour is true but if United receive a bid of £5m+ from Brighton or anyone else for JOC he will be off. That is a certainty.

This has probably resurfaced as we're signing John Egan and they think that might mean that O'Connell is now off as we have his replacement. To be fair that crossed my mind when I saw the Brighton rumours! Is it too good to be true that we have actually signed someone for decent money without yet another player leaving!?

So he's not off, which the post states. This is just a report of a bid, not a mention that he's off
The two things usually mean the same though in our case. It’s just the time delay that varies a bit.

If he does go we can still sing that song:

Oh Jack O’Connell’s magic
He wears a magic hat
But Brighton bid £6 million
So that’s the end of that!

Really hoping he stays though. Him and Egan would make a promotion winning centre back pairing. Depends how urgently United want the money.

Selling Jack would really unbalance this team and the formation for me, unless anyone knows of a left sided CB who could and do the same job.

This has probably resurfaced as we're signing John Egan and they think that might mean that O'Connell is now off as we have his replacement. To be fair that crossed my mind when I saw the Brighton rumours! Is it too good to be true that we have actually signed someone for decent money without yet another player leaving!?

I doubt Wilder would play a right footer (Egan) at left centre back. If O'Connell was sold he'd surely be looking for another left footer.

Pretty sure this rumour was around 2 weeks ago, have the Mirror only just got hold of this?

Back
Top Bottom