Ownership update !

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Let’s be right, this is only a fair assessment when the Prince is allowed to host a meeting Kevin isn’t invited to and gets to share his side. Otherwise it’s bound to be slanted towards McCabe.

I’d also be surprised if Wilder was dismissing foreign players. We need to delve into many pools to progress. What he probably doesn’t want is a huge influx to undermine the spirit he has built and create cliques in the group.

It needs sorting before the season ends either way.

This rather succinctly sums up my view. How can anybody possibly form strong opinions about this without hearing the Prince’s point of view.

The only thing I would add is that our two owners being in legal dispute could be a potential nightmare. Who knows how long it will drag on, it could be months or even years. Next seasons budget is already looking seriously under threat because I doubt either owner will provide significant investment until this situation is resolved one way or another.

McCabe never mentioned an issue over the value of the club holdings....it’s in the contract an independent valuation will sort that out at the time of any sale

So that seems clear then that value isn't the issue. So what is preventing the sale taking place? How can McCabe therefore state he's going nowhere?

Confusing

I’ve read these posts, some points I agree with and some I personally believe are wide of the mark.

I thought that KM was well briefed by his lawyers and used specific language. He was also ‘chaperoned’ by a lawyer who interjected occasionally if he though he went of. Script.

KM was very careful to use only positive language regarding the Prince, clearly under legal instruction.

I believe it was ‘staged’ with an agenda, but what was important was perhaps what wasn’t said and each person their will have an opinion.

The legal dispute is not over price, that is determined independently. I understood it to be that basically the Prince only wants the first team, not the academy or other property parts.

They also fell out in January over role of Prince adviser Winkle or whatever his name is and foreign players.

Is KM a blade at heart, of course he is. I seem to recall the ground moving was a response to a question.

We did not hear the Princes side of the dispute.

Little bit more.

Owners hope to sort out differences before next seasons preparations.
McCabe and wilder think the way back to the premier league is to stick with British and Irish players and not go international
Van winked the sheikhs man disagrees.

The sheikh hasn’t generated any sponsors which is a disappointment think he promised to bring a few in.

McCabe summing up....his task is to get the sheikh to understand Sheffield United.
Personally i find that qoute re McCabe and Wilder wanting to stay British as very small minded and an excuse to not challenge. In today's world that simply is not possible and suggests that they are both happy to be the nearly men rather than taking the next big step. Very worrying IMO and I really doubt that it's wilders preference.

That wasn’t the impression I got.

The impression I've got is that he's been trying to sell for the past 10 years. I don't think there's any dispute over that, he's said as much.

The impression I've got is that he's been trying to sell for the past 10 years. I don't think there's any dispute over that, he's said as much.
That’s what I meant about it’s not what was said, but people’s interpretation of what he didn’t say. Given the poor sound quality it would be amazing if any of us heard or didn’t hear the same thing and consequently had a different interpretation.

McCabe stressing must maintain the culture and heritage and not call fans customers.
Relationship with the sheikh seems very strained they talk but not much (mccabes own words) he thinks they will have a face to face sit down soon and sort out their differences.
KM was very careful to use only positive language regarding the Prince, clearly under legal instruction.

Not quite sure how these three add up together from the same meeting. Was he saying things in an ironic-positive way?

Oh, I'm not saying it never works - it fails as often as it works. Bournemouth's owners didn't wish to employ a DoF as that would have fucked Eddie Howe off. Watford are a basket case who'll be back where they belong in the next 2/3 years.

One of the problems with these 'foreign owners' is that they think, in return for their investment, they can fuck about with the structure of the club and bring their own people in. It's working at Wolves but (thankfully) it's failed at Wednesday. Carvalhal's hands were tied, but look at him now. It's also working at Cardiff. Foreign investment + a very good manager has a good chance of equalling success.

We've got the best of both worlds. A genuine fan as chairman who's (finally) stumbled on an excellent manager. Chancer's millions has seen them trailing way behind the Blades. He's also funded an overpaid, overrated squad that will prove very difficult to move on.

Sounded like you were holding up Bournemouth and Watford as examples of clubs promoted without foreign ownership, which isn’t true. :)

The legal dispute is not over price, that is determined independently. I understood it to be that basically the Prince only wants the first team, not the academy or other property parts.
This is new, was this discussed at the meeting? Are you saying he doesn’t want to buy Shirecliffe and/or he wants to shut down the Academy? Obviously they train at Shirecliffe and that could be rented but taking, say, the Huddersfield approach on the Academy is a different strategy and would affect employment.

I can understand him not wanting the hotel and business centres.

A friend who went to the meeting and took notes definitely came away with the impression that this is the case.

If the prince got half of the club for a £1 I will go big (soft heart) and give McCabe a tenner.

A friend who went to the meeting and took notes definitely came away with the impression that this is the case.
As I’ve said it’s about interpretation. He Definitly said price ( of property)would be determined independently by professional valuers and this was in their agreement.

I’ve read these posts, some points I agree with and some I personally believe are wide of the mark.

I thought that KM was well briefed by his lawyers and used specific language. He was also ‘chaperoned’ by a lawyer who interjected occasionally if he though he went of. Script.

I believe it was ‘staged’ with an agenda, but what was important was perhaps what wasn’t said and each person their will have an opinion.

They also fell out in January over role of Prince adviser Winkle or whatever his name is and foreign players.

Is KM a blade at heart, of course he is. I seem to recall the ground moving was a response to a question.

We did not hear the Princes side of the dispute.

The James Shield article said the priority for HRH was promotion, not the real estate.

The Princes side wasn't heard today because it was a Sheffield United Ltd shareholders meeting. He has nothing to do with that company.

As I’ve said it’s about interpretation. He Definitly said price ( of property)would be determined independently by professional valuers and this was in their agreement.

That would be a standard clause in any agreement of this kind.

All this is really starting to confuse me!!!. ( yeh I know it doesn't take much!! Lol).
Seriously though: is this good for the club in the long term?.
Over the last few weeks it's become glaringly obvious that we need investment so that wilder can take us to the next level. I M O.
I just see us being a mid table championship side for the next few years unless something happens?.
I can see this boardroom struggle dragging on and on?.
Is wilder gonna be happy with that?.

All this is really starting to confuse me!!!. ( yeh I know it doesn't take much!! Lol).
Seriously though: is this good for the club in the long term?.
Over the last few weeks it's become glaringly obvious that we need investment so that wilder can take us to the next level. I M O.
I just see us being a mid table championship side for the next few years unless something happens?.
I can see this boardroom struggle dragging on and on?.
Is wilder gonna be happy with that?.
My last observation on this.

We only heard KM and his version of reality. To make a reasonable judgement to answer your question we would need to hear the Princes version of reality.

You could then possibly take a view and answer the question regarding what is good for the club.

My last observation on this.

We only heard KM and his version of reality. To make a reasonable judgement to answer your question we would need to hear the Princes version of reality.

You could then possibly take a view and answer the question regarding what is good for the club.
Thanks. I just wish the prince would break his silence and tell us his plans?.
His silence though is deafening which doesn't help matters!. UTB

I’ll keep seeing the comment that if the Prince wins out he will bring high levels of spending. Have I missed something? He has no more money than McCabe, and hasn’t spent anything like what McCabe has lost in the club.
So where has the assumption that the Prince is the money option come from?

I’ll keep seeing the comment that if the Prince wins out he will bring high levels of spending. Have I missed something? He has no more money than McCabe, and hasn’t spent anything like what McCabe has lost in the club.
So where has the assumption that the Prince is he money option come from?

His kind uncle is worth £3 trillion.

Back
Top Bottom