Leon can do no wrong

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Who should start up front next game?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Firstly, I'm not saying he's had his time let's just tell him to piss off to league 2, but I think he could do with a break for a few games. Everyone needs to pull their weight and today Leon missed at least 2 golden opportunities that anyone should have put away.

Players need the pressure of the fact that they're playing for their place in the team, he's been poor for the last month or 2 and I don't know what he could do other than a hat trick of own goals to get dropped.

If we take billy as an example, he was fantastic and his performance dipped so he was dropped for a few games and now he's flying. I think leon could really benefit from a short break and it would give him a kick up the arse to get back to his pre-christmas ways.

I think Brookes and Sharpe should start then bring on Wilson/Donaldson/Leon for billy at about 60/70 mins since I don't think billy can play the full 90 at full tilt, after a 2 or 3 games start Leon for either Brookes or Billy, based on merit from the games they have played and see how it goes from there.

I don't know why Brookes doesn't start more (or any) games, he's young so should have the stamina and needs to get some minutes under his belt to learn to place himself better and get a sense of when to skin 'em and when to release the ball.

Anyways, this is only my second post so if I'm talking bollocks don't go too hard on me.

UTB

Think Billy had done enough to be the man who stayed on today. Guessing CW wanted Leon to get the minutes in with a break coming?

Schoolboy Looks has had glandular fever. Wilder has said this a few times so 90 minutes is too much for him at the moment. Also, his decision making when he has come on has been poor.

It's Sharp and Brooks btw.

Absolute bollocks.

He posted that hospital image in November, we're in March, there is no way that almost 6months later he's not ready for a start. He's 20 years old ffs.

Schoolboy Looks has had glandular fever. Wilder has said this a few times so 90 minutes is too much for him at the moment. Also, his decision making when he has come on has been poor.

I thought he was past the fever now but maybe not fully recovered but part of my reasoning for starting brooks is that the experience will hopefully improve his decision making, been 10 mins so I can't change the names to be spelled correctly.

There’s a difference though.

When Sharps form dropped he offered virtually nothing, no missed chances, no missed headers, little hold up play.

Whereas today Leon still managed to get plenty of chances.
He was involved much more than Sharp today, so I’d still probably keep him in the team.
His hold up play is the best out of all the strikers, making him the best target man.
So with Leon, it’s not simply about scoring goals.

Our normal best 2 are Leon and Billy, however the next match is away to Brentford.
I think we’ll be pinned back and will need to rely on speed on the break.
So that brings in The Don or Brooks to replace Sharp.
The other random factor is Wilson.
Wilder seems to rate him and wants to give him a chance, although when he’s played he’s been underwhelming so far.

Absolute bollocks.

He posted that hospital image in November, we're in March, there is no way that almost 6months later he's not ready for a start. He's 20 years old ffs.
takes around 6 months to get over it.. so he's bang on schedule

When Sharps form dropped he offered virtually nothing, no missed chances, no missed headers, little hold up play.

Leon might get chances but it means shit all if he doesn't score, although I agree with you about his ability to hold up the ball and that Wilson has been poor.

When we played Spurs in the semi-final a couple of years ago Harry Kane missed three chances in the first 30 minutes. The guy behind me proclaimed his as crap because he was missing the chances, he didn’t see that he was playing so well to get those chances.

Leon had a bad game in front of goal but at least he gets in the right places to have those chances.

Wilder REALLY not happy with Brooks judging by his interview on Radio Sheffield after the game. He said the subs didn’t do enough and singled out running headlong into defenders and not laying an easy pass off.
While Brooms is still young he has a hell of a lot to learn.

Surely Brooks could start and play at least 45 minutes and come off at half time or Wilders usual 60 minute change?

At the risk of taking pelters, Brooks gives the ball away too much to be considered a starter. It's fine in the last 20 mins, but against decent opposition, early in the game, he still makes too many basic errors.

That will come with experience and by next season I'm excited at the prospect of him and Duffy linking up, but right now, second half cameos are perfect.

As to the original question - I've said all season that our biggest issue is that Tufty doesn't know his best front line. I don't think he's any nearer now than he was in August..

When we played Spurs in the semi-final a couple of years ago Harry Kane missed three chances in the first 30 minutes. The guy behind me proclaimed his as crap because he was missing the chances, he didn’t see that he was playing so well to get those chances.

Leon had a bad game in front of goal but at least he gets in the right places to have those chances.
He might have got the chances but if he doesn't score then what's the point of the chance, he seemed lazy today tho like he wanted the ball to drop to his feet instead of running on to it, perhaps recovering still?

Excellent. So we’re playing a front two that can’t make it past the 60th minute. Hopefully they’ll have got a hatful of goals by then though so we can replace them with midfielders.

2 people have picked Ched Evans. It’s beggars belief.
Does it ?

Ched played 60 minutes at Ipswich and did OK.

Leon today ???

In fact Leon for some time now ????

Been saying this for some time. Wilder and Knill have a huge blind spot when it comes to Clarke.

Bottom line is we look increasingly short up top.

UTB

Does it ?

Ched played 60 minutes at Ipswich and did OK.

Leon today ???

In fact Leon for some time now ????

Been saying this for some time. Wilder and Knill have a huge blind spot when it comes to Clarke.

Bottom line is we look increasingly short up top.

UTB

Or?

Still not sure how he under hit that back pass to Pokemon from that cross from the right in the second half

He was involved much more than Sharp today, so I’d still probably keep him in the team.
His hold up play is the best out of all the strikers, making him the best target man.
So with Leon, it’s not simply about scoring goals.

Our normal best 2 are Leon and Billy, however the next match is away to Brentford.
I think we’ll be pinned back and will need to rely on speed on the break.
So that brings in The Don or Brooks to replace Sharp.
The other random factor is Wilson.
Wilder seems to rate him and wants to give him a chance, although when he’s played he’s been underwhelming so far.

I thought Clarke looked much of a threat and offered more than Sharp today, although he should have buried that header.

While I agree that some of our finishing over the last couple of weeks ( OK a lot of our finishing )
Has left a lot to be desired ,
Im prepared to give most of our team I bit of slack , yes today wasn't great , ( it was pretty shit actually ) not everyone played up to the true potential ,
But which of our close to 25,000 managers today sat in various stands in the ground would have got the tactics right today .
Leon is the guy who put the pork to the sword in the death trap , got 4 in a game , scored v wolves , Derby and is still our leading scorer .
I wish some of our goldfish bowl memory fans , would just get behind the team , like they were early in the season
I'm pleasantly surprised with the good football our team has played this season , and our position in La Liga
We know when we've played gash and so does our manager , that's why we like him so much .
And he'll say it as we see it
Or has Leon , now become the new scape goat replacing Lunny who's played quite well over the last couple of weeks .
UTB

All those voting Brooks need to realise the effects of glandular fever.

Google will help you out

Back
Top Bottom