Our Fans Are Rubbish

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Small Mendonca

Reaction score
At home. Booing a 0-0 draw in our first season back in the Championship when we're in the top half? I'd feel betrayed if I were Wilder and Knill. Efforts to chant are futile, not many join in on the kop any more and as the for the rest of the ground? I'd rather get 14,000 and people actually try and get behind the team than just sit there and grumble at every single misplaced pass. It's almost like people can't wait for us to do poorly so they can complain.

The only thing we can do as fans to change the game is by getting behind the lads. It's 70 minutes, 0-0 and we're silent. Chants are to no avail. No-one seems arsed about trying to support Ricky in his conquest to improve the atmosphere either with the upper tier idea. It's almost as though no-one cares. Away from home, we are one of the best fans in the league but at home, it's a different story. It's our first season back in the Championship and I think our players/manager deserve far more than the library that we give them. Comes to something when we can't even get up for a game against Forest at home, irrespective of the conditions.

And we actually have the cheek to sing football in a library at away games...

Last edited:

At home. Booing a 0-0 draw in our first season back in the Championship when we're in the top half? I'd feel betrayed if I were Wilder and Knill. Efforts to chant are futile, not many join in on the kop any more and as the for the rest of the ground? I'd rather get 14,000 and people actually try and get behind the team than just sit there and grumble at every single misplaced pass. It's almost like people can't wait for us to do poorly so they can complain.

The only thing we can do as fans to change the game is by getting behind the lads. It's 70 minutes, 0-0 and we're silent. Chants are to no avail. No-one seems arsed about trying to support Ricky in his conquest to improve the atmosphere either with the upper tier idea. It's almost as though no-one cares. Away from home, we are one of the best fans in the league but at home, it's a different story. It's our first season back in the Championship and I think our players/manager deserve far better than the library that we give them.

The first caller on the unusually-good Football Heaven last night said much the same. 'Nobody chants any more', 'We need a safe-standing area' etc. etc. Chanting at football matches doesn't exist any more, apart from away fans who are largely pissed. In 'the good old days' when people used to turn up unthinkingly in their thousands, it was a different world. A lot of the fan base had been confined in factories all week and needed a release for their emotions. You could go in a pub and die from cigarette smoke. And that's not mentioning the widespread hooliganism and violence.

Nothing to do with the 'prawn sandwich brigade', 'library' etc. When people have paid around £30 for a match, you expect different behaviour. Times have moved on - apart from the fact that millions still sit in front of their TV every Saturday night watching utter shite like 'The Voice' and 'Strictly'.

The only thing we can do as fans to change the game is by getting behind the lads. It's 70 minutes, 0-0 and we're silent. Chants are to no avail. No-one seems arsed about trying to support Ricky in his conquest to improve the atmosphere either with the upper tier idea. It's almost as though no-one cares. Away from home, we are one of the best fans in the league but at home, it's a different story. It's our first season back in the Championship and I think our players/manager deserve far more than the library that we give them. Comes to something when we can't even get up for a game against Forest at home, irrespective of the conditions.

OK :rolleyes:

Yes it’s the fans fault again, all 26k of us.

#sheffieldunitedfansareadisgrace

Do you think that the atmosphere reflected the attendance? What's the point in turning up in numbers if you're not going to get behind the team? We are called 'supporters' after all.

As above, dont think anyone was booing the team. The bloke in the bluey green top with a whistle was the target

Do you think that the atmosphere reflected the attendance? What's the point in turning up in numbers if you're not going to get behind the team? We are called 'supporters' after all.

I’m fed up hearing about how bad the atmosphere is when it isn’t.

Scunthorpe at home under Bozo Adkins was a bad atmosphere.

Booing the ref mate I suspect. Chill.

I’m fed up hearing about how bad the atmosphere is when it isn’t.

Scunthorpe at home under Bozo Adkins was a bad atmosphere.

I can see what you mean with Scunthorpe, although I'd describe it as toxic. Are you happy with silence when we're 0-0 and require the last push to help us get 3 points? Just intrigued really. I always thought our fans were some of the best in the country home and away. Bramall Lane was notorious for being one of the best grounds in the country for atmosphere. I think it's the disappointment sinking in that it no longer is.

The atmosphere at some matches is poor but it always has been at some fixtures at any ground in the country whether that be Anfield, Old Trafford or Bramall Lane.

Today’s atmosphere was poor, I put that down to the weather (fooking freezing) unexciting match and some dire football most likely due to the conditions.

Generally speaking the atmosphere at the Lane more than matches any ground in the country on its day. But just like any other club, some days you just can’t get yourself up for it.

The boos at the end were absolutely aimed at the result. I agree with Small, the atmosphere is piss poor at the moment.

I can see what you mean with Scunthorpe, although I'd describe it as toxic. Are you happy with silence when we're 0-0 and require the last push to help us get 3 points? Just intrigued really. I always thought our fans were some of the best in the country home and away. Bramall Lane was notorious for being one of the best grounds in the country for atmosphere. I think it's the disappointment sinking in that it no longer is.

Nailed it for me. Crying shame but it’s gone.

Things I heard today;

That Brooks is all hype and we should snatch the first decent offer we get.........

Clarke is a donkey who played well just to get a new contract and doesn’t give a toss now...........

He wouldn’t get in our pub team (After A Duffy shot flew well over the bar)........

Today wasn’t perfect but they’re are some fuckin thick ungrateful fans who ‘follow’ us

What a load of wank.

You don’t have to spend the game chanting in order to support the team. Paying your hard earned to come and watch the Blades is what being a supporter is all about, not how much noise you choose to make whilst you are there. Some people like to sit and enjoy the game without making a peep and who can judge them for this? Some people chose to spend the game chanting away regardless of what is happening on the pitch - who are you to judge them?

The fact that we were so toothless today had fuck all to do with how much noise came from the stands.

It was awful. Forest at home, you could have heard a pin drop.

Forest isn’t a derby game to me, I’d rather beat Barnsley given the Choice. The Miners strike was a long time ago now and I suspect most of those chanting Scab weren’t even born.

What a load of wank.

You don’t have to spend the game chanting in order to support the team. Paying your hard earned to come and watch the Blades is what being a supporter is all about, not how much noise you choose to make whilst you are there. Some people like to sit and enjoy the game without making a peep and who can judge them for this? Some people chose to spend the game chanting away regardless of what is happening on the pitch - who are you to judge them?

The fact that we were so toothless today had fuck all to do with how much noise came from the stands.

Not saying everyone has to chant and sing but when hardly any of the ground does, it's not great is it? The thing that first attracted me to watching football is the fast pace at which it is played (compared to other sports); anyone can win on their day and the noise and passion that comes from the stands. The latter point being the thing that makes me want to actually go to games, rather than watching it on TV/iFollow etc.

I think Ricky’s idea of trying to get a Palace type singing area going has some legs. However I think it somehow has to be at the traditional home end rather than the BLUT.

If the club want to support it the ideal place may be the Kop corner stand. It’s a bit of an eyesore and doesn’t sell out every week.

Back
Top Bottom