Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

post-1-0-68063600-1422207767_thumb.jpg

What a line-up...

Everyone I've spoken to was at that U2 gig... I never realised The Limit had a 10000+ capacity!

post-1-0-68063600-1422207767_thumb.jpg

What a line-up...

Everyone I've spoken to was at that U2 gig... I never realised The Limit had a 10000+ capacity!

I can’t claim to be one of 500 sorry 10000 Lol, seen loads of good gigs there and had some mad nights . Also a regular at Leadmill to from around 85 , used to like the ‘Steamer ‘ night down there ,decent venue Leadmill but never had same atmosphere , Limit also had a different clientele ! . I can’t believe they’ve never opened anything similar in town it would make a few quid

I can’t claim to be one of 500 sorry 10000 Lol, seen loads of good gigs there and had some mad nights . Also a regular at Leadmill to from around 85 , used to like the ‘Steamer ‘ night down there ,decent venue Leadmill but never had same atmosphere , Limit also had a different clientele ! . I can’t believe they’ve never opened anything similar in town it would make a few quid

They went on to open the Lyceum briefly, saw Nils Lofgren play, great venue much better than the Shitty Hall.

Good Daze.

Love that sign, none of this fancy foreign 'exit' malarkey!

And a lady's skirtage and bustles allowed the imagination to run wild with thoughts of what could be, I wonder how many were disappointed ?

Here's one for Silent. Did Dave Powell ever score a goal for us?

Two penalties. One in the 1968-69 season and Nov 1970 at Blackburn (first time I saw a Blade take a penalty)

It was Buckley who scored our penalty in the 5--2 win against Bolton in March 1969. Powell's first penalty was in the 5-0 win against Villa in November 1969

Willie McFaul in the net for Newcastle

Newcastle had just won the Inter Cities Fairs Cup (The European Tournament for those clubs finishing in the top six) so it was a major scalp.

Woody had handed a transfer request in a few weeks previously (August 7th 1969) with Len Badger. But Woody scored direct from the corner in the 1st minute and then made the second goal for John Tudor in the 30th minute.

Fifteen minutes from time Hodgy clashed with Wyn Davies had and to be replaced in goal by Woody.

Newcastle had just won the Inter Cities Fairs Cup (The European Tournament for those clubs finishing in the top six) so it was a major scalp.

Woody had handed a transfer request in a few weeks previously (August 7th 1969) with Len Badger. But Woody scored direct from the corner in the 1st minute and then made the second goal for John Tudor in the 30th minute.

Fifteen minutes from time Hodgy clashed with Wyn Davies had and to be replaced in goal by Woody.
Tudor's goal

Tudor Newcastle 1969.jpg

post-1-1171278092.jpg

The very last night of The Limit...

I was, were you, there?

Last song ever played was..............

#NoPrizesForFunOnly!
I was there Ant genn was one of the 3 DJs and used my records ,I would guess the Eagles Take it to the Limit (which wasn't one of mine)

Back
Top Bottom