Wolves.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Clarke is from Wolverhampton, started his career at Wolves and returned there in 14/15. I'm hoping if he plays that he puts one over them in the same way he did our neighbours on Sunday.

They’ll have the ball for large periods of the game and have 50 million pounds worth of talent in that team.

If we win this it’s a bigger statement than yesterday.
Not sure why you think they will have the ball for long periods? Based on? Against Barnsley they only had 50.3% . They are a good side yes but then so are we

Win this and it will send out a clear message to the rest of the league that we are fucking serious this year. We aren't up here by fluke or good fortune, we genuinely are a good football team.

Yes but every team we've beaten so far this season has had an "off day" against us.......and I suspect it will be the same for the remainder :rolleyes:

And yet for all that talent they're still only 2 points better off than us.

Spending £Xm doesn't mean you have £Xm worth of talent. That's the Junior Computer Manager's fallacy. Anyone who's followed real football for long enough knows such things.

I think Clarke will keep the shirt. I think he'll rest Wright and Stevens.

This is a different and in many ways harder test that Sunday was. Wolves are far more dangerous on the break and are more consistent.

What price a last minute goal for somebody on Weds? Seem to be a load of these v Wolves. From memory:

- Steve Bull for them in a 2-3 defeat
- Mark Foran for us in a 3-3 draw
- Them equalizing in the last minute and then Katchuro scoring the winner in injury time in a 2-1 win
- Us scoring late on to go 2-0 up then them grabbing 2 even later in a 2-2 draw at Molineux
- A late equaliser for us in the 3-3 not long before the Cardiff disaster

Now onto the game on ₩@#$^/day against wolves.
After that sort of win on Sunday, would it be crazy to change the starting 11??
In praise to that 11, they would get the nod and instructions from wilder to'keep the shirt'.

Plus it will give Billy and donaldo a bit of extra recovery time.
Discuss.
This will be much tougher than Sunday I think. Although they are also a team full of highly paid, albeit better quality, players than the pigs. Most of the Wolves squad are Portuguese/European, and they will not have experienced an atmosphere like what I expect Wednesday night to be after we have just slaughtered the pigs on their own patch. Just hope we've left the Peroni alone until after the Forest game !

Derby games are diffent to any other fixture, wolves will be a real examination ( another) but nobody would bet against us, another Derby County game or a Norwich game? Who knows but Barnsley had nearly half the possession and only lost in the last minute away from home, the atmosphere after Sunday's game will brilliant and could carry us on to another win, exciting init :)

Not sure why you think they will have the ball for long periods? Based on? Against Barnsley they only had 50.3% . They are a good side yes but then so are we
They're averaging well over 50% possession per game, have £25mil worth of talent in midfield alone, roughly 2 goals a game and I have a mate who supports them who says he's never seen them playing as well. They're favorites for the league title and for me, like I said, this would be a bigger statement than tanking them if we follow it up by turning the league favourites over.

They’ll have the ball for large periods of the game and have 50 million pounds worth of talent in that team.

If we win this it’s a bigger statement than yesterday.
There was a few million quids worth in Blue n White on Sunday, though I won't go as far as to accuse it of being "Talent". Point being with the same drive and belief there is no reason in my mind, why we cannot get a result. Picking 2-2 mesen.

There was a few million quids worth in Blue n White on Sunday, though I won't go as far as to accuse it of being "Talent". Point being with the same drive and belief there is no reason in my mind, why we cannot get a result. Picking 2-2 mesen.
I honestly think we'll pick up a point to be honest, and it would be a good one, just saying this will be our hardest game yet IMO and a proper test for whether we really can go the distance.

I think it makes sense to keep our line up very similar. They obviously deserve to keep their places and I think it's also a suitable way to set up against Wolves, with Basham in midfield.

Wolves play a similar system to us, and they have two good players supporting the striker in Diogo Jota and Ivan Cavaleiro, although Helder Costa could possibly come in for the latter - he's arguably the best player in the division and has just come back from injury. So let's hope he's not quite ready to start.

It will often be 3 v 3 for our defence but their 2 supporting attackers will always be looking for pockets of space so to have Basham in front of them again will be a big help I feel.

We won't have as much up top as them if we line up as we did on Sunday but we could outnumber them in the middle with Basham and Brooks forming the diamond.

A lot will come down to the individual battles with the wing backs, so considering they've had en extra day's rest over us, it might be worth bringing Lafferty in for Stevens.

Just realised we would need to win 9-0. Hmm. Confident but not that. Unless Billy's fit!

Yeah if we win by 9
8-0 would do it if Leeds v Cardiff finishes 0-0, 1-1 or 2-2; we'd be top on goals scored.

Hadn't realised that Preston were so parsimonious in defence - 3 goals conceded in 9 games! They've only scored 9 though...Deepdale not the place for goals this season.

Win this and it will send out a clear message to the rest of the league that we are fucking serious this year. We aren't up here by fluke or good fortune, we genuinely are a good football team.
we did it already mate i reckon

Clarke is from Wolverhampton, started his career at Wolves and returned there in 14/15. I'm hoping if he plays that he puts one over them in the same way he did our neighbours on Sunday.

On Roygbiv one of the Wolves fans side splittingly called him 'Leon Lard'. Maybe there is a bit of previous there and Clarke will want to show them...

Not bothered about speculating, Sir Tufty can do what he wants, and it'll be raight. And if it's wrong, he's still raight.

Will be a very different game ..I put Wolves and Fulham as my top at start of season .. they've splashed the cash but unlike the S6 crew have had a good start on the back of it .. sternest test to date but no one to fear .. I'll go 1-1 .. but I hope another Portuguese coach gets his tactics wrong

Wolves are a very good side, the best I've seen in the Championship this season. Very good in possession, the only team other than us who effectively play a 3-5-1 / 3-6-1, very good around the box in terms of chance creation. Now they do have expensive players, but well coached expensive players, unlike the pigs.

They struggle on set pieces and have been exposed at the back a bit, so it will be an interesting game.

This will be our biggest test yet and a great marker for the season.

We won't have as much of the ball as we did against Norwich, but if we can be as deadly on the counter attack as we were on Sunday then no problem.

Back
Top Bottom