Just had a look on porktalk...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

knowsnowt

Get to fuck!
Reaction score
Don't worry I wiped my virtual feet on the way out. :)

Anyway I notice they're still using that defunct tag line "always in our shadow". Has the light suddenly changed direction making getting smashed in the derby and sitting in 10th place somehow better than our latest achievement and league position?

Also.... 3 days ago none of our bargain basement journeymen would make it into their team, now they're slavering allover brooks!

Its all a little weird over there isn't it.
PS don't bother reading the "open letter" thread, unless you want to induce sleep really quickly. :D

Oh I don't know, the last line's alright...

"Our fans will not forget what happened at Hillsborough today as they will be reminded of it by United fans for the rest of their lives."

How'd you stay awake that long! :O
You on phet? :D

Roy, also see them trotting out "they beat us by two goals". Conveniently for getting the four we actually scored, the same 4 goals they've been living on for 30 odd years.

God we made them bitter. :D

"it's not the same as boxing day" is being said a lot. Probably by people under 40 who can't even remember boxing day

Agreed. While it's important not to forget the past in football, you have to realise that times change.
Little old Bournemouth are now a good Premier League side,
Coventry aren't quite what they used to be,
Bolton are still a footballing colossus, just as they were and always will be,
and as someone born in 1992, taking the piss about a game that happened 12 years before I was born surprisingly doesn't upset me that much.
I'll gladly see your Boxing day, and raise you Bouncing day any day of the week.

*The Bolton fact is taken from Roy's view from, so I'm confident it's a reliable source

It was a famous win for them and I imagine at the time it felt incredible but half the people who go on about it weren't born when it happened. It's never bothered me because I wasn't alive when it happened. It's not something that I experienced and have only ever read about.

I don't get this idea that we only have "a few days in the sun" either. It's as if they are winning trophies every other year. They won a league cup 26 years ago and were last in the top flight 17 years ago yet you would think they have been competing at the top year on year while we've been in League 2 for 20 seasons.

In the 27 years I've been following football we have finished above them 13 times and they have finished above us 14 times but just yesterday I saw a quote saying "I'm 52 and united have only been better than us for 4 or 5 of those years". It's incredible what they tell themselves

Last edited:
The ability of the grunters to create a level of inter generational stupidity should never be under estimated.

Even my own dear mother believed that "Ronnie Starling rollled along" well into the 50s when SUFC were miles ahead of the filth

Back
Top Bottom