Gone Elsewhere Conor Coady

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

.- --. .-. . . .-.-.- / .... . / .--- ..- ... - / .-- .- -. - ... / .- / -. . .-- / -.. . .- .-.. / .- -. -.. / .... .. ... / .- --. . -. - / .. ... / .--. .-.. .- -.-- .. -. --. / - .... . / --. .- -- .

.-- .... . .-. . / -.-- --- ..- / -.. .-. .. -. -.- .. -. --. / - --- -- --- .-. .-. --- .-- ..--.. / .. / -.. .. -.. -. .----. - / -- .- -.- . / -.-. .-. . -- --- .-. -. . / .-.. .- ... - / .-- . . -.- .-.-.- / --. --- .. -. --. / .. -. / --. --- .-.. -.. . -. / .-.. .. --- -. / - --- -- --- .-. .-. --- .-- / .- - / .---- .----

.-- .... . .-. . / -.-- --- ..- / -.. .-. .. -. -.- .. -. --. / - --- -- --- .-. .-. --- .-- ..--.. / .. / -.. .. -.. -. .----. - / -- .- -.- . / -.-. .-. . -- --- .-. -. . / .-.. .- ... - / .-- . . -.- .-.-.- / --. --- .. -. --. / .. -. / --. --- .-.. -.. . -. / .-.. .. --- -. / - --- -- --- .-. .-. --- .-- / .- - / .---- .----
I prescribe ointment
Liberally applied before bedtime.

Some people say its lack of ambition but I agree with you .......

If you told me that we would spend the next 20 years at the top end of the Championship, playing exciting football that's entertaining to watch, but never get promoted to the premiership ...... I would take that in a heartbeat. Provided that we beat the deluded scum each year !! :rolleyes:

The Premiership is full of cheating, mercenary, prima-donnas ...... referees always favour the big four / five with their decisions and the games are like chess matches, with teams desperate not to lose.

Money has destroyed our beautiful game I'm sad to say :(

UTB & FTP

I want to see us win a major trophy in my lifetime, yes that could happen as a Championship club but it a lot more likely as a Premier League club. It would also be nice to have a season playing in Europe.

If you look at some of the clubs that have achieved both of those things in the last 25 years it's pretty pathetic that we can't.

As for the cheating, mercenary, prima donnas comment, why is a player in the Championship earning £20k a week ok but some of the best players in the world earning £200k a week not ok?

Both are massive amounts of money so I don't see how anyone can moan about the money in football and be happy to support a Championship club. The Championship is essentially Premier League 2 now anyway.

Nowt to do with Coady mate, but what's with the Carry on Sid James pipe photo, I think Bert has done the same? Is this is a piss take out of Port talk?
Came on here to see if anything was happening with Coady. This post at least mentions Coady, only to say that it has nothing to do with him. Nothing else in the last 3 pages even mentions him (unless the ones in morse code do). Is it a competition to see how many pages we can go without mentioning him? In which case I've just ruined everything.:(

Came on here to see if anything was happening with Coady. This post at least mentions Coady, only to say that it has nothing to do with him. Nothing else in the last 3 pages even mentions him (unless the ones in morse code do). Is it a competition to see how many pages we can go without mentioning him? In which case I've just ruined everything.:(
That's right - come on here, knock all the dominoes over way too soon and then piss off again!
On to the Twat's Thread you go! :mad:

I want to see us win a major trophy in my lifetime, yes that could happen as a Championship club but it a lot more likely as a Premier League club. It would also be nice to have a season playing in Europe.

If you look at some of the clubs that have achieved both of those things in the last 25 years it's pretty pathetic that we can't.

As for the cheating, mercenary, prima donnas comment, why is a player in the Championship earning £20k a week ok but some of the best players in the world earning £200k a week not ok?

Both are massive amounts of money so I don't see how anyone can moan about the money in football and be happy to support a Championship club. The Championship is essentially Premier League 2 now anyway.

So, some of our fans attack our club for lack of ambition but their own extends no further than Division Two?

Only in S2....

Getting promoted occasionally might be OK. Go up, accept who we are, play the same way , get relegated, enjoy the parachute payment. You don't have to sell your soul - the problem is that it seems to be inevitable!

That would be fine if there was any guarantee we would go back up.

Premier League mid table all the way for me (irretrievably corrupt though it is). We'll work on the next level when we've done that. If we're not going to try for the best we can possibly achieve, pack in talk of ambition and take up the yo-yo.

So, some of our fans attack our club for lack of ambition but their own extends no further than Division Two?

Only in S2....

Agreed, if I ever felt like that I don't think I would watch United anymore. What's the point when you're happy to accept mediocrity?

how the hell are we going to buy him when we carnt buy a league 1 player. Another totally pointless thread in the rumour section.

Last edited:
Considering what we know now - anyone really think we we're seriously in for him?
Seriously sounds like CW had a shopping list for Waitrose and the owners gave him a Lidle loyalty card.

Someone do the maths re income from sell ons vs fees for Incoming players.

And we offloaded the big wage with Brayford (free transfer) reight bit of business, has Turry sneaked back in?

Considering what we know now - anyone really think we we're seriously in for him?

We probably offered them a few pounds and hoped because they were signing half of portugal they would accept the bid anyway.

I was just wondering if we signed this bloke or not ?

I don't agree with the transfer fees / wages being paid out in the Premiership, which has a cascade effect into the Championship.

Agreed ...... £20k pw in the Championship is ridiculous ( as is the £35k pw that the pigs are rumored to be paying more than one player)

IMHO; in UK football we should have a transfer fee cap and a pay cap, plus the agents should be paid by the player, which would reduce the money lost to "leeches" in the game.

Money has destroyed our football ... :(

UTB & FTP

There's always exceptions to every general statement mate ......

Still prefer to watch Championship football "generally" rather than Premiership "prima-donnas", mercenaries, and play-actors .... ;)

UTB & FTP

Fair enough mate. Not sure I agree with the generalisation though. Especially given the number of championship players that are just failed/ ex Premier League players.

We have had the nod from Coadys agent, his client is interested in a move to the Lane.

This could be a genuine desire to play for us again, or like Ricky Holmes, and is more likely, its to force his club into a decision over a new contract.
Could happen, but I foresee a beaming Coady `delighted` to have penned a new 3 year deal at Molineux in about 10-14 days time.

IMO

See that worked out as he planned, 4 year deal and big pay rise.

Might just be me but I think he is the most over rated player Ive seen for us ,never thought he was owt special ,which is why I never got involved in the clamour for him. Certainly prefer to give Fleck the 4 year deal than Coady.
never ceases to amaze Sitters that 'average' players suddenly become world beaters if there is a rumour of their return

Might just be me but I think he is the most over rated player Ive seen for us ,never thought he was owt special ,which is why I never got involved in the clamour for him. Certainly prefer to give Fleck the 4 year deal than Coady.
Wasn't only you.

I thought he was distinctly average for most of his time with us although he did look decent towards the end of his spell.

Not one I ever got excited about though.

We don't need him, centre half is one of our stronger positions and he was never going to displace Flack or Coutts.

If nothing else we are doing a great job of upping Wolves's wage bill what with EEL and Coady !

I can kick the ball forwards.

Doesn't make me a footballer though

It was Mark Lawrence who made the point that was how Liverpool trained their kids.

Coventry apparently thought Fleck a sideways type player - he plays forward now - or on the front foot as CW calls it.

Quite interesting that CW actually wanted to sign Coady though - the type of player that gets his head up and looks forward first - it reminds me of how we play football now.

Did you not rate Coady either?

UTB

Back
Top Bottom