Incoming? Darragh Lenihan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Lenihan and Leonard are both clearly doing there best to move to us which is a major positive. Especially for CW as he wants players desperate to play for us.

Both are throwing in injuries to push through a move. We've no idea if we are close on agreeing fee's / maybe we are being tight and miles off a reasonable offer / maybe our offer is good and there chairman wants ridiculous money.

Just a thought.

Just say for instance, the club signs the two "L's" will they get some credit for it?

At the moment it seems they are critiqued because they aren't paying enough. But if they get them over the line I think it is fair to say we won't have paid big money. Surely that's a good thing?

So far we haven't really missed out on any player we went in for.

Just a thought.

Just say for instance, the club signs the two "L's" will they get some credit for it?

At the moment it seems they are critiqued because they aren't paying enough. But if they get them over the line I think it is fair to say we won't have paid big money. Surely that's a good thing?

If we sign both players then no doubt the board will get stick for paying over the odds.
Often they can't win whatever they do.

If the new signings don't work, then many will be saying we still need strengthening and asking why we didn't hold back massive funds for the January transfer window.

Didn't we spend 1.5 million on a right back in Brayford.
At the time many were saying 'there's no way we'll buy Brayford because we're not ambitious enough"
And "if we buy Brayford then we're guaranteed promotion, he can be our future captain for years to come"
The club gambled and bought him, but it didn't work out, so now the board get stick for overpaying and making a poor signing.
Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing?

Just a thought.

I agree to some extent but Ricky Holmes got away from us? Now also it seems we aren't going to be spending money on the Duffy type role. Maybe this is down to emergence of Brooks but will that money be put towards a striker?

Time will tell.

I agree to some extent but Ricky Holmes got away from us? Now also it seems we aren't going to be spending money on the Duffy type role. Maybe this is down to emergence of Brooks but will that money be put towards a striker?

Time will tell.

I still think Holmes used us to get himself a bigger paycheck.

I wonder if Blackburn would fancy John Brayford as part of the deal! I'm sure Brayford would prefer Burton but they seem to be struggling to get this deal done presumably because they think we'll give him away the longer the window goes on.

Just like he did last season. I don't want players who are motivated by money, hence why I wasn't bothered about us losing out on signing him.
We wouldn't have signed a single player if we didn't sign players who were motivated by money.

We wouldn't have signed a single player if we didn't sign players who were motivated by money.

I get that and know what you mean but there are players who seem to be more motivated by money than they are about playing for the love of it.

Lenihan and Leonard are both clearly doing there best to move to us which is a major positive. Especially for CW as he wants players desperate to play for us.

Both are throwing in injuries to push through a move. We've no idea if we are close on agreeing fee's / maybe we are being tight and miles off a reasonable offer / maybe our offer is good and there chairman wants ridiculous money.

If Lenihan is "Lenny Hanry", Leonard can't be "Lenny" otherwise it all gets confusing.

Just a thought.

We missed out on the Centre Half that chose Wolves over us.

Wonder how that's going to work out for him.

Lost of Wolves fans are very worried this season. Signed a shed load of unproven players in the English game . Could go either way

Yet have on the face of it a budget to blow many away?
Weird isn't it. Will either be brilliant, or awful. Hope it's the latter to add more fuel to the theory that it's not necessary to spend that amount of money.

Lost of Wolves fans are very worried this season. Signed a shed load of unproven players in the English game . Could go either way
These days the differences between the English game and abroad are little. It's only the pace of the game that differs.

What used to catch Johnny Foreigners out was the intensity and physicality of the English game, however this has been eradicated with laws that stop players making any tackles without getting a card.

If they are up to the pace of English football, they 'should' finish top six easily.

We missed out on the Centre Half that chose Wolves over us.

Wonder how that's going to work out for him.

Playing for the reserves in front of 3 men and a dog probably. Still, he'll have plenty of time to go all Scrooge McDuck with the money.

Yet have on the face of it a budget to blow many away?
Weird isn't it. Will either be brilliant, or awful. Hope it's the latter to add more fuel to the theory that it's not necessary to spend that amount of money.
Out of interest, why couldn't they just be average too?

Follow, Follow, Follow
Sheff United's the team to follow
With Evans and Sharpy
Carruthers and Duffy
Couttsy and Fleck and Lenno.

But......only if we sign him o_O

still working on the local dialog of the areas down here, 11 years down here and still some of the stuff that is said confuses me! :confused:
Never had a problem with it. Much easier than Geordie or even full on West Country. But I'm finding the way young people phrase things quite difficult at times. They've subverted the meaning of some words to the extent that I sometimes don't get what they're trying to say.

Never had a problem with it. Much easier than Geordie or even full on West Country. But I'm finding the way young people phrase things quite difficult at times. They've subverted the meaning of some words to the extent that I sometimes don't get what they're trying to say.

Completely this BushBlade sometimes I am just left wondering what it is that they are talking about but to some extent I guess it is the point, not wanting us to know what they are on about, I am only 42 but sometimes feel like there is a gulf in generations these days.

Still can't see this one being a goer at the sorts of prices we have been quoted.

However, From blackburns POV if they got a 1/1.5m plus it would recoup a good chunk of the transfer fees they have spent so far.

If it goes much beyond this price wise - Think a loan of a Chelsea or Man City youth would serve us as well and free up funds elsewhere

Back
Top Bottom