Player Suggestion Victor Valdes

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BigBed

Aboard the sinking ship......
Reaction score
Just been released by Middlesbrough.
I'd be happy with that.

No thanks mate. He'd want big wages no doubt and I'm quite happy with Moore.
Not to replace Moore, were in "desperate" need of a keeper to challenge him though.

I take it you don't know very much about him except that he used to be good ?
Is he better than Long.. .....YES
Do I need to know anymore.. ...NO.
job done.

Nope.....next shit suggestion!

No offence meant but Jesus wept, some of the names being put out as suggestions puzzling. Wonder if people have been in a time warp for 10 years and have missed out on the signings we have made of past "stars".

Valdes, Bruce, Kightly....3 more to the list of either old, overpaid, shit or all three!

Just been released by Middlesbrough.
I'd be happy with that.

Christ this is the ultimate case of "I was watching Sky Sports News and I heard this player". My thought is perhaps not.

Nope.....next shit suggestion!

No offence meant but Jesus wept, some of the names being put out as suggestions puzzling. Wonder if people have been in a time warp for 10 years and have missed out on the signings we have made of past "stars".

Valdes, Bruce, Kightly....3 more to the list of either old, overpaid, shit or all three!

Back to the future Grizzler, they want to take us back to 7 years ago because it was great then. o_O

Valdes is lucky. For large period He was keeper for 1 of greatest club sides. Therefore was hardly tested. & his later career has been based on period. I couldve played in net for them in that time made a few good saves every few mths

Shay Given could also be worth a punt.

If we signed him do you reckon he could tempt his old mate Mr Hernandez to join us too?

If not, why not?

Over the hill - check
Over paid - check
Familiar 'name' - check
Plays for Middlesboro - check

Pigs nailed on signing - check

Brad Guzan could be another option??

Brad Guzan could be another option??

Victor Valdez , Shay Given , Brad Guzan.

Are you still stuck in 2006 ?

Too old , would ask for a lot.

Moore is a good keeper and at the best age for a GK, will only improve in the Championship, wouldn't be surprised to see him in an England top tbh (3rd choice mind you)

I would like to see Long loaned out next season - almost make or break time for him to go and prove himself worthy of a chance at the Lane - and another keeper brought in to challenge Moore. Etheridge looked likely but it appears to have cooled off there. I'd be looking for a young keeper (20-23) who could provide a challenge to Moore with potential to improve and be better than Moore down the line. Valdes does not fit the bill in the slightest.

I would like to see Long loaned out next season - almost make or break time for him to go and prove himself worthy of a chance at the Lane - and another keeper brought in to challenge Moore. Etheridge looked likely but it appears to have cooled off there. I'd be looking for a young keeper (20-23) who could provide a challenge to Moore with potential to improve and be better than Moore down the line. Valdes does not fit the bill in the slightest.

Shame about Etheridge dropping off the radar. Thought him and Moore fighting it out for precedence would have been a tasty scenario. Hopefully it's still on the cards, but being worked on quietly.

Moore is a good keeper and at the best age for a GK, will only improve in the Championship, wouldn't be surprised to see him in an England top tbh (3rd choice mind you)
It may be worth asking Paddy Kenny to cover a few games? Ex Ireland international and proven at championship level!

Nah ! fuck him, after he shit on on the club :rolleyes:
Could ask Simmonsen?? Billy sorted out the penalties now so there wouldn't be any fear of a recurrence??
In fact Cabiyaro from city is a free agent, no transfer fee could allow us to pay him around 25k pw!!? Thoughts!?

Are you serious?! Moore wouldn't get in the Northern Ireland/Wales squads if he was eligible. We desperately need competition for him.

Back
Top Bottom