Where do they live these days.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I think both Trusson and Sabella lived on Sandy Acres along with Garner at one bit,which is definetly Waterthorpe
Sabella lived on Thorpe Drive, Waterthorpe. A couple of doors down from where we used to live. Another player lived on the same road, forgot his name i was only a young 'un at the time. Think there was a stint of players living in the area as it was new estate at the time.

Sabella lived on Thorpe Drive, Waterthorpe. A couple of doors down from where we used to live. Another player lived on the same road, forgot his name i was only a young 'un at the time. Think there was a stint of players living in the area as it was new estate at the time.

I know Pedro Verde lived around the area at one bit,he came jogging up our road one day not realising it was a cul de sac,he had the County Cup tucked down his shorts,also saw Derek Richardson on the X29 so presume he lived over the same way

I grew up on Churchdale Road in Frecheville, and John McGeady used to walk past our house to catch the bus on Birley Moor Road very often. This was around the time he made his first team debut, so must have been around 1976. Very nice guy, always used to stop for a chat with us kids.
His debut was in the 1-1 home draw against Boro in Boxing Day 1975

I grew up on Churchdale Road in Frecheville, and John McGeady used to walk past our house to catch the bus on Birley Moor Road very often. This was around the time he made his first team debut, so must have been around 1976. Very nice guy, always used to stop for a chat with us kids.
He's still a lovely guy and lives in Scotland where he is an English teacher.

Doesn't look like the mighty Park Hill Flats housed any famous footballers. Mind you David Ford lived on their in the 60's.

Kyle Naughton was brought up there and for some reason has Park Hill Flats tattooed on himself. You think I'm joking don't you..

294miz5.png

I'll lower the tone.

In the early 90s, Andy Sinton lived on Vicarage Lane in Dore, and Pob lived right on Dore Road. Used to see 'em on my morning trudge to School. :/

Vinnie Jones lived somewhere up near Dronfield/Coal Aston from memory

image.jpeg
Here it is :)

This may be a bit late as it's taken me all weekend to log on.

Firstly, congratulations on your position in the league. From bottom to top since I last looked is most commendable and means when I get back to the UK the 60% of my friends who support United might be buying the celebratory drinks. I have other more important things to think about than footy, but I really don't see Wednesday getting into the Prem this year….so would be good to see both Sheffield teams smashing the Championship next season.

Anyway back to the topic in hand.

Back in the early sixties both Tommy Hoyland and Johnny Fantham had shops at the top of our road in a council estate known as Old Greenhill. So much for the maximum wage, both these guys had to work hard after football retirement to get by. Good to see them playing footy together with a tennis ball to amuse the youngsters amongst us. Shortly after I left Jamie Hoyland played for United , but I presume he had moved away from Greenhill by that time.

I moved out to Dronfield in the 80's and yes it appeared that every United player was living there and also that every body else was a Unitedite (apart from me obviously). I had an insurance agency at the time and one of my customers was Joe Shaw who was living on the Gosforth Valley estate. I think I remember that he was a groundsman at a golf course bust I'll stand corrected on that in necessary. Now this is where it got exciting as I had Vinnie living opposite my house at Hilltop ( later to be Simon Tracey). Good guys, many a BBQ and the only negative was when Vinnie watched Wednesday beat Man. U in the League cup at my house and wouldn't have a glass of bubbly with me at full time. He did know his football though.

I then moved to Whirlow, where it appears that it's mostly Wednesday players...I had Carlton and Wilko as neighbours, and most of the directors. Strangely most of my other neighbours (and drinking pals ) are Unitedites. Met up again with Simon Tracey who by this time had moved to Parkhead.

Please don't think the move to Whirlow places me in the Tory Toff nose bubbly swigging elite...I was born in ('on the') Arbourthourne….and could see the Lane from our house. So god knows how I became a Wednesday ite.

Good luck this afternoon and again, well done.

Sabella lived near me at Westfield .
I used to chat to him whilst walking the dog.

r you, I was reading an old village magazine from Calver and the 1970 odd cricket team was pictured and I'm bloody sure Brian Joicey was sat in the front row?

Would that be right?
Sabella lived near me at Westfield .
I used to chat to him whilst walking the dog.

How much did you and Swan get for your corruption?
And why aren't you still running The Meadowhall inventing non existant lodgers to claim Board and Lodging benefits.
Once a swindler always a swindler.

I believe you may be referring to David (Bronco) Layne. So sorry but I can't answer your question.

Brave man, coming out as one of them so early!
As you are my age and off t'arbourthorne, I'm intrigued. Whereabouts? And what school? (Or had you upmarketed to 'Old' Greenhill by that stage).

Pre-fab on Erskine Drive I seem to remember. First school was by the time I had upmarketed to Old Greenhill. Then King Jordanthorpe.

Not really brave, all my Unitedite mates know I'm a Wednesdayite. Only on here to keep up to date so I can join in 50% of the conversation when I get back home.

Which house was Vinnie Jones's/Simon Tracey's on Hilltop Road? I only ask because that's where I live now.

I think others have replied with an answer by now. Just to confirm it was the detached cottage where the road split at the end of Hilltop road to form the new ( that is 30 years ago) henry Boots estate that was built on the Golf course land.

r you, I was reading an old village magazine from Calver and the 1970 odd cricket team was pictured and I'm bloody sure Brian Joicey was sat in the front row?

Would that be right?
Joicey lived in Dronfield (maybe he still does?) . The same for Peter Springett

Not read all this but Dean used to live on Sanctuary Fields in North Anston. Think he still has that house and let's it out.
Think sitters already mentioned Morris and Cocker ill were at South Anston and drank in the Mester.
Mick Jones lives in a bungalow in South Anston.
Paddy used to live at Laughton Common and on the esrate behind the chippy at the bottom of the Baulk in Anston.

Would that be right?
Yes. He lived in Calver in the seventies.

Pre-fab on Erskine Drive I seem to remember. First school was by the time I had upmarketed to Old Greenhill. Then King Jordanthorpe.

Not really brave, all my Unitedite mates know I'm a Wednesdayite. Only on here to keep up to date so I can join in 50% of the conversation when I get back home.
You'd have decamped then by the time all us young'uns formed life long friendships in that area ( I was born and raised just below you on Myrtle Road). Weren't too many unclean in that neck of the woods I have to say and Heeley Bank School was predominantly Blades with a few hard core pigs.

Neil Warnock used to live on Youlgreave Drive, Frechville, when he was still playing.

Tony Dawes Grandparents live on Hawthorn Avenue at Waterthorpe,i think he used to live with them at one bit

Nigel Worthington did too the first house and he was a proper cunt. Got the milkman sacked for parking on the grass verge and making tread marks. Milkman was a very well know blade as it happens and there were a few repercussions shall we say.
Alan Quinn had a great house near Wortley ,it was or is for sale on Rightmove and Chris Morgan and ched also lived nearby I think.
It was Worrall, he moved there from Oughtibridge. Of course Woody used to live in the Village too and we had Steve Nicol whilst he was at them lot, what a lovely bloke he was

Jeff Eckhardt was in the year below me at school he lived on Derbyshire Lane and drank in our local boozer.
Played for Blades around 85-87 ish and we used to take the piss if we lost saying he was rubbish etc,he was a laugh

Back
Top Bottom