2015/16 Home Kit

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

love it love it love it ,

its our heritage , its us its white with red stripes with sufc on the badge , its all we are

Opinion: Garbage

Why the fk can't the board involve the fans when picking the shirt design?

After all we're expected to buy the fker

It's happened before. Is it really too much to ask?

Because if the fans were involved, it would be like this forever, not that I'd complain. You can't improve on perfection.

Attachments

• len-badger.jpg
    len-badger.jpg
    417 KB · Views: 6
If we are having a total break from tradition, rather than the 'are there actually any stripes on the shirt?' what about:

ac-milan-team-2012-251.jpg

Substitute the 'Fly Emirates' global logo with Grabbitt & Runne Estate Agents and we've completed the rebranding!

The shirt is excellent, I love it. It's for one season only, let's hope it's our assault on the Championship.

its red and white stripes , cant see what the fuss is about , just a variation on a theme its our 61st change of strip amd replicates our 3rd

3rd
View attachment 11049

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Sheffield_United/Sheffield_United.htm

Actually our first. We nicked (or borrowed) the first all white shirt from the Army. In our second season we kept the same shirts and put a badge on it. That one with the red stripes was the first one we actually bought/owned.

Actually our first. We nicked (or borrowed) the first all white shirt from the Army. In our second season we kept the same shirts and put a badge on it. That one with the red stripes was the first one we actually bought/owned.
Actually we did wear white shorts for some games of the 1966-67 season. It started with our midweek home game against Spurs on Sept 6th cos Spurs brought their black shorts so the ref ordered the Blades to wear different shorts. We wore white and won 2-1. We had lost the previous two home games so we decided to wear white shorts after that. Not sure if we did in the next home game against Everton but I have seen photos of us wearing white shorts in the home games against Sunderland in LC ( won 1-0) WBA (won 4-3), Sunderland (won 2-0), Walsall in LC (won 2-1), West Ham (won 3-1), Blackpool (drew 1-1), Leicester (lost 1-0), Birmingham in LC (lost 3-2) before reverting to black shorts for the rest of the season. I think the decision to wear white shorts in 1967-68 was due to the good luck we had in that few months of the previous season. We were poor at home in 1967-68 and the only time we wore black shorts in a home game was the last one of the season against Chelsea (we lost 2-1 despite leading in the 1st half)

Actually we did wear white shorts for some games of the 1966-67 season. It started with our midweek home game against Spurs on Sept 6th cos Spurs brought their black shorts so the ref ordered the Blades to wear different shorts. We wore white and won 2-1. We had lost the previous two home games so we decided to wear white shorts after that. Not sure if we did in the next home game against Everton but I have seen photos of us wearing white shorts in the home games against Sunderland in LC ( won 1-0) WBA (won 4-3), Sunderland (won 2-0), Walsall in LC (won 2-1), West Ham (won 3-1), Blackpool (drew 1-1), Leicester (lost 1-0), Birmingham in LC (lost 3-2) before reverting to black shorts for the rest of the season. I think the decision to wear white shorts in 1967-68 was due to the good luck we had in that few months of the previous season. We were poor at home in 1967-68 and the only time we wore black shorts in a home game was the last one of the season against Chelsea (we lost 2-1 despite leading in the 1st half)

Great info silent, but I was talking about our first shirts, not shorts :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheffi...media/File:Sheffield_United_Sqaud_1890-91.jpg

1890-91 season... look what we're wearing.

Its a nod to our heritage, and the fact we are the original United. And instantly the haters scream out saying "its not United!!". It is. Go into the Legends of the Lane or ask big Johnny Garrett to show you the original shirt it is based on. Unlike many, I do actually know and care about the history of our club,and we have not always played in Red & White Stripes from day 1.

It seems that everything the club are doing both on and off the field is instantly dismissed as being "crap".One bad run,and we want another manager firing, the kit is shit , I couldn't get a pie at half time - what next? Fire the programme seller as he didn't have change for a tenner? Demand the closure of A Salt & Battered because you had to wait for a fishcake?

Some of our supporters are beginning to really annoy me. Their negativity and pedantry is forever finding new ways of fuckwittedness week on week. The constant demands for instant success, and almost instant condemnation when their armchair punditry is the benchmark for how the club should be run shows a lack of understanding about the game,and life in general.

We are where we are for a reason. And if we scrape our way into the playoffs and up, so be it. If we play ugly football,and get a result - so be it.Arsenal and Leeds won a championship like that. We are in League 1 - we are not Los Galacticos. People say it was better in the past, but in the last 35 years we've had a succession of bent chairmen and board members, and managers so far out of their depth, Jacques Cousteau needed an aqualung to communicate with them. And you'd prefer us to go back to all that?

Let's man up, grow a pair and stop whining. If everything in your world is that depressive and black, have some prozac, for christ's sake!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom