Should Ramsdale be loaned out if Henderson becomes available?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ramsdale's signing is about the missed opportunity cost as well. The money spent on him could have bolstered the squad elsewhere which is the issue.

He's not good enough to justify not spending elsewhere

Rammers could be doing better, clearly. One of the big issues is that he's fairly quiet and doesn't seem to be constantly vocal. Watch Ben Foster's Cycling gk video's to hear him constantly organising and encouraging.
Ramsdale is still young though, this is where the likes of Bash and Egan need to be helping out and need to be leaders. Every time we concede a set piece we look vulnerable and seems to be no organisation. For me this is where Egan needs to be loud and shouldering the responsibility, he's experienced and knows the squad better than anyone, clearly Ramsdale needs support and we should be giving it to him.

I remember Lampard mentioning last season that all he could hear were Sheffield United voices and how his team were lacking that organisation, spirit and leadership. Now you could hear a pin drop, apart from George getting angry of course. That's one part of Henderson's game we really miss, he's loud and arrogant enough to assume he's right and tell players what to do. Clearly Ramsdale is a different character and needs someone back there yelling at them. I love Egan, but someone like Morgan wouldn't stand for us conceding soft goals, everyone would have to fight for ever ball at the back, we aren't doing that just now.

Maybe it is time to go to two central defenders and bringing Jags back into the fold. We know he's no spring chicken and doesn't possess the physical attributes he once did, but his experience and leadership maybe invaluable to pulling us out of this ruck.

Ramsdale is being offered no protection at all defensively and is expected to be the man who leads us and encourages a team bereft of confidence, that's a really big ask of anyone, let alone someone so young.

Ramsdale's signing is about the missed opportunity cost as well. The money spent on him could have bolstered the squad elsewhere which is the issue.

He's not good enough to justify not spending elsewhere

That's not his fault though, he didn't chose to be a £20m player. Yet he has to see additional criticism as a result. He's a young lad and one who needs support to grow

That's not his fault though, he didn't chose to be a £20m player. Yet he has to see additional criticism as a result. He's a young lad and one who needs support to grow
He's a professional footballer who'll want to be judged on his performances. His age means he hasn't got the experience to handle a dip in form as well as an older keeper. The social media stuff is neither here nor there.

And to expect a fan base to shrug and give a keeper a pat on the back when he makes mistakes is unrealistic. To not have a realistic back up to that young keeper is poor use of resources

He's a professional footballer who'll want to be judged on his performances. His age means he hasn't got the experience to handle a dip in form as well as an older keeper. The social media stuff is neither here nor there.

And to expect a fan base to shrug and give a keeper a pat on the back when he makes mistakes is unrealistic. To not have a realistic back up to that young keeper is poor use of resources

Thing is he's getting singled out even when it's not really his fault. Yesterday the main fault was with Berge and whoever failed to close his man down. I've even seen him criticised for the West Ham goal. He's struggling with confidence and being subject to ridiculous scrutiny. He's down on confidence and gets stick regardless of whether it his fault.

There seems to be a a small group of players who will face more criticism than anyone else; mainly McBurnie, Ramsdale and Lunny (not just post contract).

Thing is he's getting singled out even when it's not really his fault. Yesterday the main fault was with Berge and whoever failed to close his man down. I've even seen him criticised for the West Ham goal. He's struggling with confidence and being subject to ridiculous scrutiny. He's down on confidence and gets stick regardless of whether it his fault.

There seems to be a a small group of players who will face more criticism than anyone else; mainly McBurnie, Ramsdale and Lunny (not just post contract).
Ramsdale isn't playing particularly well in a team of players not playing well. McBurnie, Berge and Ramsdale cost big money and are (rightly or wrongly) held to a higher standard.

Personally, I just think he's currently a standard Championship keeper who has room to grow but is out of confidence. To put all your GK faith into him was a poor use of resources.

I think we should just get behind ramsdale and forget about deano,ye deano was excellent for us but if we do sign ramsdale we should get behind him

:(

Loan swap with Manchester United for Sergio Romero?

Back
Top Bottom