2 loans

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

robbiez666

Reaction score
Since this apoears to be our lot, I'd basically ignore the LCB problem (do we really think we're going to sign someone on loan who can instantly fit into a position only we play?) and bring a couple of midfielders in.

We currently have no one good enough to play in midfield. It's our main problem by a long country mile.

Since this apoears to be our lot, I'd basically ignore the LCB problem (do we really think we're going to sign someone on loan who can instantly fit into a position only we play?) and bring a couple of midfielders in.

We currently have no one good enough to play in midfield. It's our main problem by a long country mile.
definetly agree go with what weve got at the back and go to a 4 bring 2 midfielders in on loan weve nowt to lose now

Agree. We have been desperate for some time now for a at least 1 midfielder. With how off form Flecks been and Lundstram not a week in week out player United can rely on. Has some games but to many bad where he's just given the ball away easily. Berge is not fast or pacey and doesn't quite suit Wilder's style of play. We are need a CM that can attack in the PL and thread the ball through defence and create chances

• Banned
Agree. We have been desperate for some time now for a at least 1 midfielder. With how off form Flecks been and Lundstram not a week in week out player United can rely on. Has some games but to many bad where he's just given the ball away easily. Berge is not fast or pacey and doesn't quite suit Wilder's style of play. We are need a CM that can attack in the PL and thread the ball through defence and create chances
We need a midfielder who can defend and a midfielder who can attack, imo. We have virtually nothing in the middle and it doesn't matter how the defence, attack or keeper plays, that lack of midfield costs us every game. I'd happily settle for two midfielders who are defensive. We need to sure up the defence first before anything else, imo.

We need a midfielder who can defend and a midfielder who can attack, imo. We have virtually nothing in the middle and it doesn't matter how the defence, attack or keeper plays, that lack of midfield costs us every game. I'd happily settle for two midfielders who are defensive. We need to sure up the defence first before anything else, imo.
Agree..also puzzling why we haven't tried Bogle there for that reason

• Banned
Agree..also puzzling why we haven't tried Bogle there for that reason

I don't really buy this argument. He's played all his life on the right hand side, how is he going to step up a league and suddenly play a position like he's been playing it for 12 years? Admittedly, I've not seen him in training, but it seems like a stretch, to say the least. It's not like we're converting a seasoned Premier League player. He's not played 90 minutes for us in the league or at this level. It might seem like an easy gamble but it could end up damaging him as a RWB.

The bigger question is just how bad is Jack Rodwell if he can't get a shot even when Kean Bryan does?

Last edited by a moderator:
weve got 2 robbie ampadu and basham so i slightly disagree there i think we need 2 offensive midfielders and lingard looks like he may be 1 of them the real point is is it worth spending now when were as good as down or wait while the summer and see whos available for a championship campaign

I don't really buy this argument. He's played all his life on the right hand side, how is he going to step up a league and suddenly play a position like he's been playing it for 12 years? Admittedly, I've not seen him in training, but it seems like a stretch, to say the least. It's not like we're converting a seasoned Premier League player. He's not played 90 minutes for us in the league or at this level. It might seem like an easy gamble but it could end up damaging him as a RWB.

The bigger question is just how bad is Jack Rodwell if he can't get a shot even when Kean Bryan does?
if baldock stays him and bogle could form a very good partnership down that right hand side next season of course we would probably have to go 4 at the back for that to happen although it wouldnt suprise me if chris stayed with 352

He isn't a drop in by any means. I think he would have worth been investigating on the right in midfield, seeing as we were in dire need.
I agree the better option, now January is here, is to strengthen there with a seasoned pro. It was more of a historical question I suppose.

I suppose the question is - is it worth spending money on loans? On one hand they are needed to refresh and improve what is a poor side. On the other hand and considering Prem survival is probably a 1% chance, would it be wiser to accept the inevitable and add the £2-3m for next season to provide a better chance of getting back up.

TBH I'm leaning towards the latter although I suspect CW won't be.

I suppose the question is - is it worth spending money on loans? On one hand they are needed to refresh and improve what is a poor side. On the other hand and considering Prem survival is probably a 1% chance, would it be wiser to accept the inevitable and add the £2-3m for next season to provide a better chance of getting back up.

TBH I'm leaning towards the latter although I suspect CW won't be.

If those loans give us a respectable points total and avoid setting a record, then yes. If we end up in single figures we're not coming back up. The players will have all their confidence destroyed. It's worth spending 3-5 million just for that.

From his interview yesterday - it sounded like it could just be one loan. With foreign players not fancying coming to a side with 2 points and not understand the situation we’ve been in.

that said it’s probably a pointless endeavour atm. Only worth the fee if we get some respectability back

I'd rather have Jack Robinson play than see Egan + Basham/Ampadu defend in a 2 tbh

I'd not trust Egan and JOC at the back at this level. We'd have to play so deep due to lack of pace and the fullbacks would be stuck back to cover.

I'd not trust Egan and JOC at the back at this level. We'd have to play so deep due to lack of pace and the fullbacks would be stuck back to cover.
Why would you need to defend deeper with a slow back 2 than you would with a slow back 3?

Last edited:
I really don't get this obsession some Blades fans have with going to a back 4

I would go all out for jonjo shelvey type, a midfielder with great passing and technical/composed who can dictate play and a creative player like Osayi Samuel/Eze/swift
if reading dont go up i think we will be back in for swift this summer and who knows fleck and norwood might come back to some sort of form again playing in the championship

if reading dont go up i think we will be back in for swift this summer and who knows fleck and norwood might come back to some sort of form again playing in the championship
I hope so - would be the cheapest of the bunch as well

Wow. That’s a statement. I’d say we have two very good central defenders who could easily manage in a two.

Against world class pacey strikers? We've seen how Egan deals with the high straight ball. Neither has the acceleration to keep up with PL strikers. They would run passed or down the sides of them. There's no way, I'm afraid. It would be like playing two Harry Maguires together. Championship they'd probably be fine, but no higher.

Back
Top Bottom