Is it time to close down social media platforms?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Grizzly blade

Reaction score
As the title.....should platforms such as this which give half witted morons a voice to talk shit about the football club be closed down?
They have zero benefit to the club and allow those with no brain the ability for their pathetic and ridiculous views to be heard and potentially cause damage.

As the title.....should platforms such as this which give half witted morons a voice to talk shit about the football club be closed down?
They have zero benefit to the club and allow those with no brain the ability for their pathetic and ridiculous views to be heard and potentially cause damage.

You have to remember people are entitled to their opinion, whatever that opinion may be.

Instead of closing down socials, why not just choose to ignore it?

Why stop at social media?

The internet should be cancelled!
Along with newspapers & indeed any literature that criticises the regime (cough cough) I mean club.

Screenshot_20201018-221232_Chrome.jpg

Are you Boris Johnson the autocratic leader that is stopping free speech

It's good to disagree on things.

The truth of the matter is normally somewhere in the middle of 2 opposing opinions.

Without listening to what others think, how can we possibly question ourselves?

Yes. For many years now I've advocated shutting down the ability for people to post on the internet.

I'm in total agreement with you, only private companies (and even then, only those with considerable wealth) should be allowed to post on the internet.

You won't believe this Grizzly blade, but the other day, I saw someone on Twitter say "Tescos are shit". The fucking nerve of that guy! How dare he!

I think we're both in agreement that the geezer who posted that should be taken outside and shot. Twat!

I doubt Chris and the squad are browsing the rantings of mental bonced tapped in the noggin posters on here.
I do think we should have a weekly drop kicked in the bollocks bag session for the weeks most outrageous comment though. So maybe you should be more careful! :)

I doubt Chris and the squad are browsing the rantings of mental bonced tapped in the noggin posters on here.
I do think we should have a weekly drop kicked in the bollocks bag session for the weeks most outrageous comment though. So maybe you should be more careful! :)

Do you reckon? I'd be more shocked if they don't.

Natural, instinctive curiosity would get the better of most people.

I'd be very surprised if most of our lads don't, at least, look at the comments on social media. Some, almost definitely, will take it further & trawl the forums every now and then to gauge fan opinion.

Having perhaps played the game or have some actual insight into the game. There’s a lot on here who clearly haven’t ever kicked a fucking ball.
I played for around 10 years with a semi. Yes, a semi hard penis. I also managed a junior team, not at the same time I had a semi, promise. I was absolutely atrocious in both roles, so Where's that leave your wishes?

I'm not into social media at all, I'm not on FB or Twitter or any of that nonsense, but a lot of people are and these tend to be the modern platforms which give people a voice. The suggestion that these should be closed down or only certain people's views should be heard (based on an unspecified 'qualification') is sheer lunacy, and if taken seriously is down right dangerous.

I hope the OP takes a little time to think about what they're suggesting and does an about face. Free speech is a fundamental tenant of democracy.

Yes, there are idiotic, irrational, knee jerk reactions to disappointment, which are given their head by social media. Just argue against them, or ignore them. The more ridiculous the view the easier it should be to discredit.

Like anything in life, if you don’t like it then don’t listen, watch or have anything to do with it. There aren’t many circumstances where this doesn’t apply and when people spout bollocks you can apply one of the three I’ve listed, fairly simple really.

Having perhaps played the game or have some actual insight into the game. There’s a lot on here who clearly haven’t ever kicked a fucking ball.

Ah okay. "kicking a ball" is now the requirement to be able to express an opinion. But this raises other questions:

What size does the ball have to be? Will a squash ball do? If not, a tennis ball? All things considered, you'd think a football would be the level at which "insight" was gained, however, what if we go larger or a different shape than a football? I've kicked both a volleyball AND a rugby ball (not so much bigger than a football, but the shape makes it harder to aim, thus adding a random factor into the kicking equation). Given I've also kicked balls both bigger and more difficult to aim with, should I now disrespect the view points of all people who have only ever kicked a football? (fucking losers!).

At what level does one have to have "kicked a football"? If a person had a kick around in their back garden with a 5 year old does that now qualify them to be on the MOTD panel? Or do you now need to be Lionel Messi to express an opinion on here? (If so, it's nice to meet you Lionel!).

Last edited by a moderator:
It's good to disagree on things.

The truth of the matter is normally somewhere in the middle of 2 opposing opinions.

Without listening to what others think, how can we possibly question ourselves?

its not though isit, in the last 10/15 minute of me flicking ive seen us destin for league 1, wilder sacked n took over by Paul Lambert, Oli Mac wants fuckin off n replacing we Adam Le fondre. other than that its a crackin start to the season, up dem blaerds

And here’s the kicker....OP as completely fucking bonkers as half the shite on here.
Replace the manager....still can’t fucking believe I read it.

Shut it all down to the public because you don't like differing opinions?

Nah, end your account is the answer.
I’d be happy to.

its not though isit, in the last 10/15 minute of me flicking ive seen us destin for league 1, wilder sacked n took over by Paul Lambert, Oli Mac wants fuckin off n replacing we Adam Le fondre. other than that its a crackin start to the season, up dem blaerds
Show me where these are mate, I need a laugh. 😂😂

If you think opinions are as polar as that, you should read a few more threads and posts.

Many acknowledge that it's been a terrible start, and we have some problems, but at the same time it's far too early to right the season off.

Do you reckon? I'd be more shocked if they don't.

Natural, instinctive curiosity would get the better of most people.

I'd be very surprised if most of our lads don't, at least, look at the comments on social media. Some, almost definitely, will take it further & trawl the forums every now and then to gauge fan opinion.

I bet they feel motivated as fuck when they log back off.

Would you ask someone who’s never driven a car how to drive? Or value that opinion?

What’s different about football?

Now you are being really stupid. Go to bed and sleep it off, just hope you don't wake up like a bear with a sore head.

I played for around 10 years with a semi. Yes, a semi hard penis. I also managed a junior team, not at the same time I had a semi, promise. I was absolutely atrocious in both roles, so Where's that leave your wishes?
:shark::eek:
In short shorts?!

Back
Top Bottom