Should Ramsdale be loaned out if Henderson becomes available?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Are you stark raving mad FM ?

I can't even begin to contemplate why this would be an idea, even a stupid one. Apart from that I like it. Have you even considered that this signing is based on the fact we do not want Henderson here at the terms Man U are asking?

If we want to be better and be like Chelsea, time to start acting like Chelsea ;)

In all seriousness yes behind Ramsdale and hopefully we forget about Hendo (in a nice way) moving on, but at present in the cold light of day the latter is the better goalkeeper.

I think Henderson has been really badly advised by his agent.
Quantify better backed up by stats please. Thank you😎

No . move on , we’ve re-signed a very good keeper & need to build going forward , Delano been great during his time here but as his stature has grown we were never gonna be able to keep him . Thanks for his contributions last 2 seasons but we need firmer footings now

Are you stark raving mad FM ?

I can't even begin to contemplate why this would be an idea, even a stupid one. Apart from that I like it. Have you even considered that this signing is based on the fact we do not want Henderson here at the terms Man U are asking?

Not reading the OP properly is stark raving mad Speedracer ;)

I said if Man U CHANGED their terms later on in the window

If we want to be better and be like Chelsea, time to start acting like Chelsea ;)

In all seriousness yes behind Ramsdale and hopefully we forget about Hendo (in a nice way) moving on, but at present in the cold light of day the latter is the better goalkeeper.

I think Henderson has been really badly advised by his agent.

The reason Henderson is not coming back to SUFC is nothing to do with his agent. CW has rightly told Solskjaer and the money grabbers at Newton Heath to do one when they suggested we should be covering the whole of a possible £100k a week wages. Thats driven a coach and horses through Solskjaer plan to palm off Henderson to us for another year so he can avoid the problem of picking him over De Gea. Henderson was never going to come to us permanently when he can get that sort of wage so in effect his agent is doing his job very well.

Not reading the OP properly is stark raving mad Speedracer ;)

I said if Man U CHANGED their terms later on in the window

Okay I will give you that. However, the point remains, not a chance that we (or any other club for that matter), should be patsies for another club. It would also mean everything we said to the new 'keeper during negotiations going out of the window with a transfer request swiftly incoming.
We have made our decision, we now have our own 'keeper, we obviously had a plan for when Henderson left & we have executed it at the right time, changing our minds whatever the circumstances would cause havoc so close to the seasons opening fixtures.

No, there's no way we can buy a £20m player just to loan out.

We may have more dosh these days but we ain't no Man City just yet.

60+ years ago, if someone had told me that United would spend £18.5 million on a goalkeeper, I would have called Middlewood Hospital and asked for the men in white coats and a plain van.

Today, given the OP’s question about loaning said goalkeeper out immediately, I’m frantically searching for the modern day NHS equivalent.....
It's called Forest close I think George. I'll walk there with you.

No.
Now lets get one thing straight and Ive said this before.
Henderson is a good keeper well no hes a very good keeper but he is not "World class" as others have been spunking on about in the other thread.
His positioning is very questionable more noticeable after the lockdown break leaving way too much room on his right hand side.
His reluctance to make a decision to come out early ( not reading the game as he should be) and hesitant at corners.
Pushing the ball back into play instead of away from it is another one.
His distribution leaves a lot to be desired. How many times last did he kick the ball upfield and we lost possession due to not finding one of our own ?
Yes he's young very good but there's some of the reasons why he's not pushing for the no1 at Manure. UTB

No.
Henderson is a good keeper well no hes a very good keeper but he is not "World class" as others have been spunking on about in the other thread.
His positioning is very questionable more noticeable after the lockdown break leaving way too much room on his right hand side.
His reluctance to make a decision to come out early ( not reading the game as he should be) and hesitant at corners.
His distribution leaves a lot to be desired. How many times last did he kick the ball upfield and we lost possession due to not finding one of our own ?
Yes he's young very good but there's some of the reasons why he's not pushing for the no1 at Manure. UTB

You've missed the point. If you celebrate with the fans and post regularly on Twitter that's what makes you world class.

Ridiculous idea ...That would do our new keeper's confidence a massive boost ...
Are you bored ?

By the way I know a bid has accepted but has Ramsdale agreed personal terms ?

Henderson was great, but we need our own perm goalkeeper...…….Sheffield lad …...coming home ….no brainer!

Hendo will end up at Huddersfield in 2 years time. Now was his time, but he’s chosen to be a MU bench warmer. Rammers is our keeper now and Wardy and Chris will make HIM into an eventual England No1

No.
His distribution leaves a lot to be desired. How

No doubt Henderson is a good keeper, but I do wonder if the fact that he’s looked so good is because he is sat behind a strong defensive unit.

There were large portions of some games, where Henderson wasn’t called on at all, which makes him look more impressive.

If he’s called on to make 4 saves, completes 3 he’s got a 75% save percentage and potentially 1 goal conceded. If Ramsdale has 20 saves to make in the Bournmuff side, and completes 75%, he’s potentially conceding 5. Meaning he’s a lot less likely to have a clean sheet.

I suspect Ramsdale’s stats will improve next season and depending on where Henderson goes they may regress.

It is quite obvious we are looking to bring in a keeper which makes it even more obvious that Henderson will not be returning for a 3rd season, time to move on guys.

Got to admit I will be slightly amused if manure can't find anyone to take hendo on loan next season and have to pay the 100k themselves. Would be a shame for hendo but he's the one that's forced the issue with Ole.

Consider this.

It's coming up to the end of the transfer deadline and Henderson is sitting on the bench at Manchester United not getting games, and they won't sell to a rival and no-one outside of the UK makes a decent enough bid for him.

The club and the player realize there is no point in this situation continuing (especially with the Euros coming up) so decide to loan him out subsidising his wages significantly (which they aren't willing to do now).

It's smart for us to have Ramsdale long term, however at present Henderson is the better keeper.

If Henderson became available at a decent price on loan after/if we've signed Ramsdale should we do it for one more year?

Then send Ramsdale out on loan to Fulham or somewhere for a year to continue his development ready to return for our long term future the season after next.

It's another 'weird' suggestion by me, though Chelsea sort of did something similar signing Courtois for big money and loaning him out keeping Cech for one more year.

I like weird suggestions. I get them from Petunia all the time. “Bring the washing in if it’s raining”, “How about decorating the hall, stairs and landing yourself?” “Be nice to my mother this Christmas”, that sort of thing. So I’m normally very receptive to them.

But I’d read that Hendo has had his salary increased to £100k a week and Man U said we could have him on loan if we paid all of it - rather than some of it like we have been doing.

So that suggestion goes beyond “weird” for me and enters “implausible” territory.

Hendo has gone. He isn’t coming back. Like the girl that jilted you outside John Menzies kiosk on Platform A at Pond Street one night when you met her off the bus, then was picked up a few minutes later by a handsome brute in an E type jag.

Enjoy what you had. Cherish the memories. But let go. It’s over. There are new pleasures ahead!

Maybe a strange OP considering we should all be backing Ramsdale, but, I'm sure not many thought we would be loaning Callum Robinson out when we first signed him (especially Beans & Roygbiv from BladesPod 😉)

To a lesser extent, I was pretty shocked when we moved Lee Evans on so quickly.

lets not underestimate Wilders ability to quickly change things if they are not working out.

FWIW - if we can keep hold of our current back 5 (or even improve it!) I think our conceded goals will be relatively similar to this season even without Deano.

Got to admit I will be slightly amused if manure can't find anyone to take hendo on loan next season and have to pay the 100k themselves. Would be a shame for hendo but he's the one that's forced the issue with Ole.

I’m not sure he has, I think this is all Man U’s doing.

When we wanted him on loan for this season, Man U wouldn’t let him go unless he signed a longer contract (albeit on higher wages).

I think they are doing the same and pushing his wages up to tie him to a longer contract, potentially with the dangling carrot of playing cup/Euro games.

It rewards him for biding his time until they offload De Dea, and puts off potential suitors with prohibitive wages.

I’m not sure he has, I think this is all Man U’s doing.

When we wanted him on loan for this season, Man U wouldn’t let him go unless he signed a longer contract (albeit on higher wages).

I think they are doing the same and pushing his wages up to tie him to a longer contract, potentially with the dangling carrot of playing cup/Euro games.

It rewards him for biding his time until they offload De Dea, and puts off potential suitors with prohibitive wages.
Maybe but it seems obvious to me that they thought we'd just stump up the 100k to get him back.

Back
Top Bottom