Josh King

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

You haven’t suggested pushing the wage bill up, you’ve been suggesting blowing it out the water with several 50k/week signings including for kids.
That’s what everyone is disagreeing with, not increasing the wage bill in a sensible manner.

1. I have suggested pushing the wage bill up
2. I did not suggest blowing it on kids, just talented younger players rather than Steven Fletchers!
3. You contradict yourself and you don't obviously read my posts

1. I have suggested pushing the wage bill up
2. I did not suggest blowing it on kids, just talented younger players rather than Steven Fletchers!
3. You contradict yourself and you don't obviously read my posts
1.) No you want to blow it out the water. Doubling it at least within a single season. Your suggestion of bringing in players in on 50k, when all our current will then want parity which will cause dressing room unrest. That’s what is being argued against.
No one thinks it should stay exactly the same or be cut, nor that we shouldn’t be aiming to get to the levels you propose. Just your half baked idea of doing it before we can afford it.
2.) So you did suggest blowing 50k on unproven youngsters at this level then. Just so long as they reputation is better then Fletcher which isn’t hard. Isn’t that what Bournemouth did with those highly rated but unproven lads from Liverpool?
3.) I’m literarily quoting your words. The reason it doesn’t make sense is because your arguements are nonsensical.

1.) No you want to blow it out the water. Doubling it at least within a single season. Your suggestion of bringing in players in on 50k, when all our current will then want parity which will cause dressing room unrest. That’s what is being argued against.
No one thinks it should stay exactly the same or be cut.
2.) So you did suggest blowing 50k on unproven youngsters at this level then. Just so long as they reputation is better then Fletcher.
3.) I’m literarily quoting your words. The reason it doesn’t make sense is because your arguements are nonsensical.

1. Life isn't fair, that's the number 1 rule in life so if some players that don't get paid what new signings get then work harder or move on.
2. I never said unproven yougsters, stop twisting this. I said good young players like Isak etc
3. Wrong again and my arguement stacks up in football and in any other buisness. If you want to be a big player then pay big money. If not accept the consequences.

All of what you say is negative and small minded. We have just finished 9th in the best league in the world and the Manager has said he wants more next season. If we had just avoided relegation and had Gary Monk as Manager I would be saying the same.

Think bigger.
This is the attitude that will send us back down
I like to.call it the Charlton athletic syndrome or to give its common name the billy big bollox effect

This is the attitude that will send us back down
I like to.call it the Charlton athletic syndrome or to give its common name the billy big bollox effect

And your attitude will hold us back.

We are the 9th best team in England - let that sink in.

1. Life isn't fair, that's the number 1 rule in life so if some players that don't get paid what new signings get then work harder or move on.
2. I never said unproven yougsters, stop twisting this. I said good young players like Isak etc
3. Wrong again and my arguement stacks up in football and in any other buisness. If you want to be a big player then pay big money. If not accept the consequences.
You clearly have never had to manage any high performing team. You don’t build loyalty and drive performance by treating people with contempt and making them feel disposable.
You’re buying into the Isak transfer, posted by a WUM. Your actual words were players of a level with Man City’s U23s are the ones you’d give 50k/week. No twisting, just what you’re proposing.
A good rule in business is never be too desperate to walk away from a poor deal. The business world is littered with companies who’s ambitions out stretched their capabilities. You look to build strong foundations, not try and jump ahead by simply throwing money at it. Especially when it’s money you don’t have and can’t afford to lose.
Anyway I think we’ve had this dance long enough. I’m just saying the same thing over and over and you ignore it, slightly change your position and pretend to have been right all along.
I’ll let you have the last word and then you can sleep easy.

You clearly have never had to manage any high performing team. You don’t build loyalty and drive performance by treating people with contempt and making them feel disposable.
You’re buying into Isak, posted by a WUM and you’re actual words were players of a level with Man City’s U23s are the ones you’d give 50k/week. No twisting, just what you’re proposing.
A good rule in business is never be too desperate to walk away from a poor deal. The business world is littered with companies who’s ambitions out stretched their capabilities. You look to build strong foundations, not try and jump ahead by simply throwing money at it. Especially money you don’t have and can’t afford to lose.
Anyway I think we’ve had this dance long enough. I’m just saying the same thing over and over and you ignore it, slightly change your position and pretend to have been right all along.
I’ll let you have the last word and then you sleep easy.

Interesting that, I built a business from a loss to making £3m profit and that's my point. You have to make tough decisions and invest in the business otherwise you go south. Trust me Wilder will not fuck around, he's after more and he will be (like a businessman) utterly ruthless.

Got where? You were banging on about being Burnley and aspiring to be them even though we finished above them.

That's like the pigs aspiring to be Barnsley.

Don't take everything that comes out of Wilders mouth as red.

You’ve got the wrong poster there, I never mentioned Burnley.

If they agree a fee, we’ll be in for other targets. No way we’ll match them on wages.

Yep. If Everton are in, you'd have to think that'll be the end of that. Money talks.

Nixon also reporting that Palace are "dead keen" on Brooks if the price is right. Chris, Brooks at Palace. Can't imagine it.

We smashed Burnley's record transfer fee already last season. Twice.

What I think Chris means by following Burnley model is to punch above weight most seasons and get value out of what you do spend.

If they agree a fee, we’ll be in for other targets. No way we’ll match them on wages.
If that’s how the club are thinking we might as well expect the runts and journeymen left over after the PL clubs have picked over the better players.
Either we are or are not a PL club and if we want to stay a PL club we have to fish in that pond.
I get the feeling it’s not paying the going rate that’s an issue but paying some of our current players the going rate that is an issue. If that’s the case clear them out.

If that’s how the club are thinking we might as well expect the runts and journeymen left over after the PL clubs have picked over the better players.
Either we are or are not a PL club and if we want to stay a PL club we have to fish in that pond.
I get the feeling it’s not paying the going rate that’s an issue but paying some of the current players the going rate that is an issue. If that’s the case clear me out.

I don't think you have to view it that negatively. We're not in a financial position (yet) to compete with long-time established PL clubs.

Wilder often says he's shopping in a different market & he's not embarrassed by it.

We don't have a sugar daddy so steady incremental growth has to be the order of the day.

It doesn't mean we end up with "journeymen dross," it means we have to shop for players that haven't made a name for themselves in the PL yet. Young players from abroad, players making a name for themselves in the division below etc...

The likes of Josh King aren't realistic for us. Maybe in a couple of seasons.

We smashed Burnley's record transfer fee already last season. Twice.

What I think Chris means by following Burnley model is to punch above weight most seasons and get value out of what you do spend.
Yeah, it’s the gradual building, season on season that he’s alluding to. Sensible growth rather than boom and bust. Sustained improvement on and off the pitch.
I can’t find it, but there was a table posted on here I think by Silent Blade but could be wrong, which showed how far behind we are from a lot of clubs in this league in where we get our income from ie we get a large percentage from matchday revenues. That shows where we need to build to continue to grow our wage bill each year.

Last edited:
Everton reported to be testing the waters with a £15m bid for King. Sure we could match that but what would we have to pay him per week?

Before people carry on arguing about it. I would really like to know the apparent wage bill we have had over the last season. As I'm pretty sure all the numbers the media are parading around about our wages are from the year prior. I can easily see us having the worst in the league but no way can I see it being that low.

Bournemouth & Stoke were established Premier League teams .... until they weren't.
What they did 3 seasons ago is irrelevant to next season.
Indeed. If you don’t put proper foundations in place then a couple of poor decisions can end it very quickly. However taking your example I think Stoke are much more likely to come back up in the next 2 years due to the way they built themselves up when they were here. They ended up going down when they started moving away from what was working and trying to act like other clubs who were throwing money around. The difference was those other clubs were bigger had bigger revenues and could afford to do it and keep doing it

Just read in the Telegraph that Brighton are rivalling Everton for him, £10-15m.

Milan, Villa and Fulham 🙄🥱😄

"AC Milan are showing an interest in Bournemouth striker Josh King, who saw a move to Manchester United fall through in January (Daily Mail)"

Back
Top Bottom